Can Tony use offensive wrestling against Khabib?

Maori

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Id like to see someone go the same route Jones did with Chael.I remember Jon saying he Chael Sonnened Chael Sonnen or something of that nature

Tony has the unorthodox takedowns and submissions.Honestly would just like to see Khabibs tdd tested.If Tony goes in defensive like every other fighter Khabibs going to win via decision imo.

Thoughts?

Edit:This is one reason Id like to see Gsp vs Khabib.He aint going to sit back and wait like every other khabib opponent

Id love to see how Khabib deals with this type of technique and Tonys reaction if Khabib defends
DizzyElectricEsok-size_restricted.gif

I have a feeling that Tony's grappling will be utterly irrelevant against Khabib.

Id love to see how Khabib deals with this type of technique and Tonys reaction if Khabib defends
What technique ? Barboza landed on top, he was in a superior posiiton until he got upkicked and the fight stopped. You do this against Khabib and you are probably getting your back taken or your face smashed

I have a feeling that Tony's grappling will be utterly irrelevant against Khabib.
If he allows him on top, if Tony could somehow get him down first things could get interesting.

Im not sure a bottom game exits that can neutralise or submit khabib at 155.

I say yes, no one shoot takedown on khabib so we dont know if his takedown defense is good. He might suck on his back too!

Yes, especially when Khabib starts with his furry to get his opponent to the cage, I have a feeling that instead of backing out Tony will start a grappling exchange just to stay on the center.

Oh yeah just like rory mcdonald did vs gegard mousasi so gegard ended up full mount and gave him a beating... That shit wont work vs khabib lol

Back