Opinion Can someone explain why you are conservative?

I wouldn’t define conservatism that way. However, people who share those beliefs tend to choose conservatism as their political affiliation of choice. And people with such beliefs tend to be the loudest (and more noticeably obnoxious) voices.

Insisting on closed borders isn’t racism, even if closed borders are a preference for racists.

As far as I know nobody has every called for closed borders. Nor was that ever a "Muslim" travel ban.

It's scare tactics like those two that are great examples of mis characterising right wing policy

Conservatives don’t believe in anything. They just believe in the oposite of the liberals thats all.

It is a strange ideology

It promotes trashing and punishing the poor and hurting minorities

No country has benefited from conservatives

The policy of “i hate people different from me and want to hurt and tax the poor while giving tax breaks while letting them destroy the environment “ is just morally and objectively wrong

Can someone explain?

Wow.

Its amazing how one post can be the inception of

<TrumpWrong1>

within a

<TrumpWrong1>

within a

<TrumpWrong1>

Kinda like places such as San Fran and LA. TS is obvious troll probably related to scum likw Trotsky

Conservatives don’t believe in anything. They just believe in the oposite of the liberals thats all.
From the party that brought us Hillary Clinton offering nothing other than trump man bad

People say that but if one thought deeply about America, what was created was a society that was expressly determined to move away from historical social models and norms to a more inclusive, more understanding society.

Preserving that ideology should make most people who claim to be conservatives stop and ponder what they're actually trying to preserve? Are they really interested in preserving the spirit that gave birth to America or have they lost sight of that in their personal identity politics war with the left?
Didn't you say that you were a conservative once?

Anyways, the terms have changed and evolved over time.

I'm a mix of both, but definitely lean more left. I can see the traditional conservative thinking things can change too quickly, and wanting to slow it down. Where as the liberal wants things to change because they aren't happy with the status quo. That is not the majority of our politically minded populous, unfortunately. It's mostly a tribalistic need to pick a team and hate the other because they're different.

I've come to a point where I'm centrist/left leaning socially because we, as liberal Democrats, have already won the gay/black/weed/art cultural war. But decided it wasn't enough, and will continue to alienate others. Yes, I understand history and how white men have had it for so long. But pandering at their expense won't win the end game of true equality.

On the other hand, I'm centrist/left leaning fiscally, because while I understand the benefit of a hard days work, I also accept that the system is completely skewed towards those already wealthy or powerful, and a UBI will eventually be needed in the future due to not only the amount of people in the work place, inflation vs wages, but also automation in the work force.

The world isnt black and white, though. It's easy to think of everyone as a partisan hack if your world view are these forums and the internet, the mainstream media, politicians, neighbors......Ok, maybe it has become that bad.

I wouldn’t define conservatism that way. However, people who share those beliefs tend to choose conservatism as their political affiliation of choice. And people with such beliefs tend to be the loudest (and more noticeably obnoxious) voices.

Insisting on closed borders isn’t racism, even if closed borders are a preference for racists.
They were created to represent the conservatives.
babies-pc-babies.png

People say that but if one thought deeply about America, what was created was a society that was expressly determined to move away from historical social models and norms to a more inclusive, more understanding society.

Preserving that ideology should make most people who claim to be conservatives stop and ponder what they're actually trying to preserve? Are they really interested in preserving the spirit that gave birth to America or have they lost sight of that in their personal identity politics war with the left?

When I say preserve, I mean western values, started by the Greeks and carried on by Europeans who migrated and conquered the Americas. Which is funny in a way, because we both agree on something. The idea of a more understanding society that is inclusive. I think where things went sideways is how this was carried out. I think the inclusive part of the bill was for more of a class battle. The continent was still meant to be European, but with more of a chance for farmers to nobility sharing the same freedoms. Somewhere in the 60's and 70's globalists hijacked the idea of the continent and started subverting it. Conservatives still for the most part want to keep North America as a European stronghold, filled with European people. Liberals, want a society filled with as many different types of people as possible. This is ultimately all of what left vs right is. We can dance around the subject as much as we want but it's as clear as night and day what both sides ultimately want.

I support Trump because he is a good honest man. Look at how he has increased environmental protections. Stupid liberals seem to hate the economy and want to only allow illegals to vote. How could anyone not support the GOP?

Didn't you say that you were a conservative once?

Anyways, the terms have changed and evolved over time.

I'm a mix of both, but definitely lean more left. I can see the traditional conservative thinking things can change too quickly, and wanting to slow it down. Where as the liberal wants things to change because they aren't happy with the status quo. That is not the majority of our politically minded populous, unfortunately. It's mostly a tribalistic need to pick a team and hate the other because they're different.

I've come to a point where I'm centrist/left leaning socially because we, as liberal Democrats, have already won the gay/black/weed/art cultural war. But decided it wasn't enough, and will continue to alienate others. Yes, I understand history and how white men have had it for so long. But pandering at their expense won't win the end game of true equality.

On the other hand, I'm centrist/left leaning fiscally, because while I understand the benefit of a hard days work, I also accept that the system is completely skewed towards those already wealthy or powerful, and a UBI will eventually be needed in the future due to not only the amount of people in the work place, inflation vs wages, but also automation in the work force.

The world isnt black and white, though. It's easy to think of everyone as a partisan hack if your world view are these forums and the internet, the mainstream media, politicians, neighbors......Ok, maybe it has become that bad.
I'm a conservative now. I don't know that the terms have changed. I do think the big picture concepts on the conservative side of the equation are harder to communicate and that leaves room for others to pretend that they fall under the umbrella.

Advocating small careful change is very easy to get confused with advocating ZERO change. And once you have the ZERO change crowd in your tent then they justify every bit of stagnation as "conservative". But change is growth and stagnation is essentially the death of a society. Measured, careful growth is conservative, stagnation is not.

I support Trump because he is a good honest man. Look at how he has increased environmental protections. Stupid liberals seem to hate the economy and want to only allow illegals to vote. How could anyone not support the GOP?

What a shame. A guy like you who could actually vote Trump but doesn't, meanwhile Canadians like myself and @HereticBD have no voice in your election.

What a shame. A guy like you who could actually vote Trump but doesn't, meanwhile Canadians like myself and @HereticBD have no voice in your election.

If only you were a true American, not just a northern knock off.

Last edited:
I'm a conservative now. I don't know that the terms have changed. I do think the big picture concepts on the conservative side of the equation are harder to communicate and that leaves room for others to pretend that they fall under the umbrella.

Advocating small careful change is very easy to get confused with advocating ZERO change. And once you have the ZERO change crowd in your tent then they justify every bit of stagnation as "conservative". But change is growth and stagnation is essentially the death of a society. Measured, careful growth is conservative, stagnation is not.
I agree, but most wouldn't consider you conservative, due to you openly mocking them and always arguing against any conservative issue. Your "slow change" would seem to be based on a liberal platform instead of a conservatives.

And I always advocate slow change, but am considered a useful idiot or secret Republican by Jack and others.

I'm American man, and that's a low blow and you know it.
Not of you had it your way, as anyone born by American parents are considered American. I'm sure these days, you would change that, no?

Back