Can Roy Nelson help JDS recapture the title?

I feel like if Roy Nelson were to help JDS, the two of them would win that fight fairly easily. Velasquez is pretty good, but he couldn't take both of them at once.

However, I don't believe the athletic commission would sanction that result so JDS would only be able to reclaim the title if he could outrun security.

Cain is a mentally strong tunnel visioned guy. I think it would affect other fighters to see their mate lose but not cain

Pretty much this.

Cain seems pretty stable to me.

I`m picking Roy because I like him more & I see D.C. taking him lightly. Roy is coming to fight & Cormier is just gonna try & glide on through. & get caught slippin.

Sure on paper D.C. wins this. But it`s MMA & that`s why they have the actual fight.
War Big Country

This

Unfortunately, it's mostly just TUF noobs. I checked the odds just in case, but Cormier is around -400.

Another bozo post, anyone giving roy a shot is automatically a "TUF Noob" odds dont mean everything see the gif that TS posted, or see the last UFC Light heavyweight title fight.

Roy escaped Werdum having his back with ease, got out of Mir's full mount, and is a black belt. If you think he's gonna get laid on for 3 rounds you're sadly mistaking. Of course he's the rightful underdog seeing as he's facing an unbeaten olympic wrestler, but the fight will be competitive.

Another bozo post, anyone giving roy a shot is automatically a "TUF Noob" odds dont mean everything see the gif that TS posted, or see the last UFC Light heavyweight title fight.

Roy escaped Werdum having his back with ease, got out of Mir's full mount, and is a black belt. If you think he's gonna get laid on for 3 rounds you're sadly mistaking. Of course he's the rightful underdog seeing as he's facing an unbeaten olympic wrestler, but the fight will be competitive.

I could easily seeing it not be competitive. Of course, even in a blowout, Roy has a huge power. That's the threat he poses. He has a good top game, but it would be rather ridiculous to assume that he can get Cormier down to make use of it. I haven't seen a lot of evidence that points to Roy having a great game from his back.

I can see Nelson landing The Whopper™ 1st Round KO

knockouts_Roy_Nelson_KOs_Brendan_Schaub_TUF_10_Finale.gif

KTFO_COUNTRY_2.gif

Last edited:
Overeems chin is terrible, most any HW would have absorbed no less than these 6 KO punches and still have been standing :eek:
bigfoot-knockout-overeem1.gif

So your theory is that "since most people didn't think JBJ/Gus would be competitive, but it was, that means all fights that most people think won't be competitive will"??

Surprises happen, but they're the exception, not the norm. It's not impossible Roy could win, or at least make a good showing...but if there was a line at even odds for the fight to be competitive or not, I'd happily bet "No, it won't".
And the odds of him winning outright - which is what this thread and my original post were both actually about, not "competitiveness" - are extremely slim.

Overeems chin is terrible, most any HW would have absorbed no less than these 6 KO punches and still have been standing :eek:
bigfoot-knockout-overeem1.gif

He was out on his feet after the last uppercut. People don't give enough respect to the shots that puts him in trouble though.

Well I guess if Roy hurts DC and he has to go to the hospital and is not in his corner maybe it could effect I think somehow but I highly doubt it.....

DC via UD
JDS via TKO

I hope Roy wins though.

And no TS. You're watching too many movies.

Damn bro you a PRO JDS! Couple threads in a row I seen ya favor Junior, seriously though, how do you see Junior winning this fight? All i can think of is the now "Black Belt" Cain ,eventually taking Junior down, and pounding him out, for 5 more rds if necessary, & I am a JD fan, and do not want Junior to lose, imo unless he lands that Power shot, I just cant see him winning, I do like you positive mentality about JDS winning though!

Damn bro you a PRO JDS! Couple threads in a row I seen ya favor Junior, seriously though, how do you see Junior winning this fight? All i can think of is the now "Black Belt" Cain ,eventually taking Junior down, and pounding him out, for 5 more rds if necessary, & I am a JD fan, and do not want Junior to lose, imo unless he lands that Power shot, I just cant see him winning, I do like you positive mentality about JDS winning though!

JDS will be more offensive than defensive for sure. He was more worried about the td then Cain's striking. I believe he stuffs a few TD's before he begins to open up and take it to Cain.

Big Country is going to win... It is done and dusted, DC has the Mir curse, nothing he can do about that now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back