Can Roy Nelson help JDS recapture the title?

fernandom

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This remembers me of the 156 card where teammates Overeem and Evans were big favorites to wins their fights. Overeem was the next big thing at HW and guaranteed a TS with a win over Bigfoot.

Then this happened
bigfoot-knockout-overeem1.gif

Perhaps this affected Rashad a little bit, who had a very lackluster performance. Now, Cormier, a very close friend of Cain, is an unstoppable 12-0, and everyone expects him to contend for a title soon - and we all know with Big Country all it takes is one overhand right (I do know DC hugging him on the cage for 15 minutes is the most likely outcome), and I feel a brutal KO could potentially affect Cain's confidence and performance shortly after.

What do you think? A little money on a JDS/Nelson parlay maybe :eek:

I don't think the outcome of Nelson/Cormier will drastically affect Cain/JDS. If Nelson brutally knocks DC out, Cain's mental state might be lightly affected, but I don't think it will be anything fight-altering.

DC via UD
JDS via TKO

I hope Roy wins though.

And no TS. You're watching too many movies.

This remembers me of the 156 card where teammates Overeem and Evans were big favorites to wins their fights. Overeem was the next big thing at HW and guaranteed a TS with a win over Bigfoot.

Then this happened
bigfoot-knockout-overeem1.gif

Perhaps this affected Rashad a little bit, who had a very lackluster performance. Now, Cormier, a very close friend of Cain, is an unstoppable 12-0, and everyone expects him to contend for a title soon - and we all know with Big Country all it takes is one overhand right (I do know DC hugging him on the cage for 15 minutes is the most likely outcome), and I feel a brutal KO could potentially affect Cain's confidence and performance shortly after.

What do you think? A little money on a JDS/Nelson parlay maybe :eek:

It's amazing how Bigfoot's KO of the Reem does not get old. Just like Hendo/Bisping.

I see Roy subbing D.C. for the finish & maybe that makes JDS use his BJJ vs Cain & JDS gets the sub to win the title?
But really I see Roy wining by k.o. & JDS wining by t.k.o.
Not sure if Roys win really affects JDS or not? But this what I`m hoping for.

No I think this is fucking stupid. Cain would not let that influence him at all, his eyes are set firmly on destroying JDS again. But that just isn't going to happen.

I just don't think people realize how Cain gives no fucks. If Cormier loses it wouldn't effect him badly because he would know anyone can lose and he doesn't want that to happen.

No I think this is fucking stupid. Cain would not let that influence him at all, his eyes are set firmly on destroying JDS again. But that just isn't going to happen.

Wish I could see the future.

I think if anything it might make him more focused and make him make sure it doesn't happen to him.

went a bit too far there, TS

I'm surprised how many people are giving Nelson a real shot in this fight. I expect it is more people wanting Roy to win than people actually believing he is going to win.

Cain is a mentally strong tunnel visioned guy. I think it would affect other fighters to see their mate lose but not cain

I'm surprised how many people are giving Nelson a real shot in this fight. I expect it is more people wanting Roy to win than people actually believing he is going to win.

Roy is quite the character, what with the belly and redneck fabulous hair, but Cormier got this one.

It's amazing how Bigfoot's KO of the Reem does not get old. Just like Hendo/Bisping.

I've shown multiple people that don't follow MMA this .gif, they all love it. Definitely my favorite knockout in recent memory.

When I read the thread title I was thinking something more like this:

tag-team.gif

I read like 100 posts yesterday saying the UFC is just pro wrestling anyway.

I`m picking Roy because I like him more & I see D.C. taking him lightly. Roy is coming to fight & Cormier is just gonna try & glide on through. & get caught slippin.

Sure on paper D.C. wins this. But it`s MMA & that`s why they have the actual fight.
War Big Country

Cains's got a great mental game(in addition to his great physical game). Just can't see him psyching himself out before a fight.

Back