Can people really make a living on eBay and YouTube?

yes you can, Ebay you have to have product to sell and youtube you gotta have lots of views and get adsense on it.

You would be surprised how many people are making 50 to 90k a year off youtube and they dont even show their face. Some ASMR girl is making 500,000 a year of adsense on her youtube channel and just talks on camera for 20 minutes or touches stuff.

One of my best friends is married to a distant cousin. All they do is sell on ebay/amazon for a living for probably close to 12-13 years now. They are only a 2 person team, which limits what they can do, but I guess it's good enough for them. They have branded their own beauty products such as fake eye lashes. I know my cousin will collaborate with several famous instagram models. Basically a lot of buying wholesale from China and reselling, rebranding products at a much higher cost.

Also of course some people can make a living off youtube if you can generate enough views. There are many that have made a decent amount based on their content. Obviously not everyone is going to be making nearly as much as Ryans World. I think he's cracked like 40 billion total views and has probably made more then $100 million off of youtube alone. Pink Fong that made the popular baby shark video has probably made over $50 million from youtube alone. Blippi probably made several million off his channel as well. There are some very amateurish toddler/preschool learning videos that capitalized early on that have probably made them over $1 million. There's a dad and his 2 teenager/maybe young adult aged kids that has a youtube channel solely based on racing hotwheels. Their content is very amateurish, but they are closing in on 300 million total views and probably knocking on a $1 million total revenue. Some guy that restores sneakers started making exaggerated videos on youtube. He started to get so popular he stopped doing sneaker restorations so he could focus on his youtube videos instead. I think his channel has over 150 million views total which is pretty damn good. These are just small time examples. Look at all the gamers out there that has banked. My cousins best friends brother is a OG youtube gamer that made millions off youtube. I think he went a little crazy though, but he was one of the first gamer to make millions from youtube. If you have content good enough to break $100 million views a year you can definitely make a good living off of that assuming you average about $2-3 per 1000 views.

@DeJulez won't believe you, but its true you can make a good salary on youtube a lot of them make more than TV stars. Look at that scary tranny make up guy jeffree star I looked at an article on yahoo about hat guy and he makes 18 million a year on you tube.

Youtube doesn't seem to be much middle ground, either you have people with a few thousand views who probably just make a little pocket money or your have those with hundreds of thousands/millions who make a real living.

I'm guessing maybe earnings change somewhat depending on viewers or how much they click on ads?

A good friend of mine started an eBay reselling store this year and they are killing it! They made $15k profit in the last 3 months... While raising a newborn and he has a full-time job plus online college. They just want financial freedom and their time to be theirs...
So he still has another job though?

People on here got scammed when some drug addict poster wrote a sob story and started a Gofund me account that he just used to buy more drugs lol

Several sob stories over a couple of years with a lot of posters giving him money, he had a good hustle going until that last thread.

Very few make it but some of the YouTube Gamers make HUGE amounts of money. There are a lot of gamers out there that probably make at least a decent living doing it. I know my kids watch bunch of them. Like some of it is insane. One of the "kids" on youtube makes around $50k PER DAY!

I know a couple from our church that makes a good living (50k a year) with an amazon business, but it’s A LOT of shopping for wanted items, trying to price resale correctly, strict packaging rules, etc. Allows the wife to stay home with the kids which is what she wanted.

As far as YouTube, I think you have to really gain a good following before the money comes in. I heard $1.00 for every 1000 views or something similar.
That’s terrible. I would consider it a major achievement to get 100,000 people to watch something that I made, and YouTube will be like, “good job, here’s $100”

That’s terrible. I would consider it a major achievement to get 100,000 people to watch something that I made, and YouTube will be like, “good job, here’s $100”
I know...basically gives the top 1% of all youtubers a decent cut, but then you have to be careful about getting sued for copyright infringement left and right.

A friend of mine has a (I think) a pretty lucrative youtube music channel. I don't know how much he makes or even how it works but he teaches music and plays on there.

EBay's my only source of income at the moment. It ain;t paying Silicon Valley overheads but we don't pretty well out of it.
Friend from Holland?

Who was it? Can you find the thread please?

That209 - I think all his threads have been deleted now though.

He had a thread about how his roommate had robbed cash from his room and he was out of money for food and desperate, and similar threads every 6/12 months with a fresh sob story.

His final thread he said he was homeless and needed money to get a place for a month until he could move in with his Dad but he had excuses for everyone's advice that wasn't sending him cash, started a gofundme which met its target but he ended up getting exposed as BSing about everything. A big argument broke out between people who didn't like that he'd repeatedly scammed people and on the other side those mostly who'd donated who said he was an addict who couldn't help himself and wanted to keep helping him. I'm sure one poster said they'd sent him thousands of dollars over the years with no regrets.

I'm not sure why you're surprised people are making a living selling on ebay. It's mostly just another online retail store at this point and there's far less actual auctions than in previous years. I regularly buy from sellers that have sales numbers in the hundreds to thousands per month. Even though tons of people are reselling, there's still loads of opportunity to buy and flip items for a profit.

That209 - I think all his threads have been deleted now though.

He had a thread about how his roommate had robbed cash from his room and he was out of money for food and desperate, and similar threads every 6/12 months with a fresh sob story.

His final thread he said he was homeless and needed money to get a place for a month until he could move in with his Dad but he had excuses for everyone's advice that wasn't sending him cash, started a gofundme which met its target but he ended up getting exposed as BSing about everything. A big argument broke out between people who didn't like that he'd repeatedly scammed people and on the other side those mostly who'd donated who said he was an addict who couldn't help himself and wanted to keep helping him. I'm sure one poster said they'd sent him thousands of dollars over the years with no regrets.
My gosh! I remember the username but I can’t remember in what context, I think probably he was a plat poster mainly. How did he get found out?

Brighton but I met him at a music expo in Anaheim a couple of years ago. Top bloke.
oh forsure, there's a guy from Holland named Paul Davids who just blew up outta nowhere, probably the best guitar/music channel on youtube for teaching.

Was gonna ask you to hook me up

Oh lord. Going down the rabbit hole of seeing how much money streamers and YouTubers get will send you into a depressive state. Don’t do it.

Ooh yeah. It is fucking depressing. Toy “unboxing” channels and gaming personalities very specifically targeting children and preteen viewers. There are channels who have millions of subscribers and views in the BILLIONS. You better believe there are people making bank off that in the most cynical and soul-selling way possible.

You want to see really creepy shit, look up “Elsagate” - all those freaky skit channels featuring Elsa from Frozen and Spider-Man or other recognizable characters to children, doing weird click bait stuff to draw in young audiences.

A lot of that is exploiting bad parenting. Kids used to get parked in front of TVs to shut them up. Now they get handed an iPad and endless YouTube. I’ve seen kids at dinner tables utterly transfixed. All YouTube, all day and night.

Depressing.

Seems like the guys that specialize in niche topics do the best.

There are also professional resellers that use good bots to win/obtain hyped up clothing/footwear at retail and then flip it on reselling sites, their own online store or any avenue they can think of. If you can bot a crap load of product from Supreme, SNKRS and all the other hyped brands you can pretty much do that for a living. There are even some that are in the know that backdoor items anywhere from the manufacturer warehouses in China to actually stores/shops and then resell them. For example several of the recent Nike SB Dunk sneaker releases. Probably the most hyped shoe of 2020. There are shop owners that can backdoor a 100 pairs to a friend who sales each pair for over 10-15x the retail price or more and split it 50/50. Instead of selling 100 pairs for $10k retail, they just sold a 100 pairs for $100-150k and by that point the next hyped pair is released and another huge profit comes their way. There have been 3 releases in a row that are now going for 10-20x retail value. Currently even basic pairs of hyped branded sneakers will resell for 2-3x retail it's ridiculous. Just look at the recent Jordan x Dior release. You know there are some guys that were able to cop a bunch to resell and make deep profits from each pair. There are hardcore sneaker flippers in general that make pretty good money reselling shoes finding pairs below market and reselling, sometimes restoring to sell at higher prices. They also get to the point of being popular and established enough that they can sell sneakers for others just by posting on their instagram and taking a 10% cut as a middle man. You got to hustle though and most just do it to help fund their hobby aka collecting sneakers.

@DeJulez won't believe you, but its true you can make a good salary on youtube a lot of them make more than TV stars. Look at that scary tranny make up guy jeffree star I looked at an article on yahoo about hat guy and he makes 18 million a year on you tube.
No they dont.

Back