Can people really make a living on eBay and YouTube?

If you have your shit together, know what you're looking for, and have a steady supply, eBay can be pretty nice. Buddy of mine buys nice musical instruments from broke artists and sells them for decent profits.

In my college days, I had two YouTube channels: Fight Predictions and Breakdowns. I got up to the point where I was making about $100/month
Things where going pretty good but then I got a full time job (it was also beginning to get stressful with copyright notices on the music/photos I would use)

I seen the guy who lives in his van make a living on YouTube. If he can do it, I’m sure you can. All about content .

Anyone here making money from eBay or YouTube? How exactly does this work? I would think the time and effort involved would not pay you enough. I think anyone making over $50,000 a year on either would be a rare exception. I think if it was that easy we would all be doing it.

* Also, how legitimate are these 'GoFundMe' sites? Sounds like a great platform for scammers...
It's not easy and most won't make it, but yes. I know of some channels that aren't even that big, but the people who run them are able to live off of them, so they quit their jobs and do it full time. They're not rich but they're able to do things like pay off student loans pretty quickly or buy a boat and travel full time. I'll give you some examples:

https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/futuramafreakl

Between YouTube ad money, Patreon members, Twitch subscriptions and donations on Twitch/YouTube he's able to support himself and he also was able to tour the US recently.

https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/caliberanthony
https://socialblade.com/twitch/user/anthonycaliber

He's always made A LOT more money off Twitch than YouTube, but his YouTube channel has been growing a lot lately and is starting to make money too. He quit his job with Samsung years ago when he realized he was making more money from streaming and that if he committed to it full time he could make even more. I was surprised by how quickly he was able to pay off his student loans. One day he announced he was starting to pay them off and he made it seem like he would be paying hundreds of dollars a month for a long time, but then not that long after, he said he had already paid them off, and I was like, already? He makes about $30k/year off of Twitch subscriptions alone, plus donations, bits, YouTube ad money, etc.

https://socialblade.com/twitch/user/awkwards_travel

They've never really developed a YouTube channel, but they make enough from Twitch to travel full time and buy a boat which they travel around in (actually two boats, because they didn't like the first one, so they gave it away and bought another one). Their Twitch subscriptions vary, but are usually above 1k, which works out to $2500/month, $30k/year, but I've seen months where they have over 2,000 subscribers, as high as 2500. They also get a lot of BIG donations, sometimes as high as $5k and other times over $1k (or euros, which are more valuable).

Unfortunately, Twitch links are broken on this site, but if you go to their Twitch channel you can see them getting that 1k euro donation ($1,128.54).

YouTube most definitely. EBay takes a lot more skill. You’re pretty much an epic garage sale buyer. Staying up to date on demand takes a lot of work. A good YouTuber has a personality relatable to the mentality challenged.

Youtube doesn't seem to be much middle ground, either you have people with a few thousand views who probably just make a little pocket money or your have those with hundreds of thousands/millions who make a real living.

I'm guessing maybe earnings change somewhat depending on viewers or how much they click on ads?
There's actually more middle ground than there is at the top, although both are dwarfed by the people at the bottom. But really the ones who have been squeezed out are the ones who don't make "advertiser friendly" content. There are also a lot of copyright claims, often false, where they can take the money from you. Used to be if you got views on YouTube videos you got paid. Now, not necessarily. So the gravy train is over for a lot of people. But there's still plenty of middle ground.

I have a friend who makes 6 grand a week selling second hand clothes on eBay out of his mother's garage.

He's basically full of shit and never has the cash to do anything, saying his funds are tied up in PayPal all the time.

Didn't that kid Ryan make like 26 million in one year of YouTube?

EBay doesn’t sound fun if you say you make 2 grand a week but you are basically working all day everyday finding shot to sell. No thanks, would rather wo
People on here got scammed when some drug addict poster wrote a sob story and started a Gofund me account that he just used to buy more drugs lol
lmao. I remember that idiot. I’m pretty sure I shut on him in a few of those threads and people got mad at me. Could tell the guy was a Bullshitter.

Back