Can Paul Felder really make 155 on 5 days notice?

Flashback to UFC 223, the wild week that ultimately culminated in Khabib fighting Al Iaquinta for the LW belt. Felder was originally scheduled to fight Iaquinta that night. With Al filling in to fight Khabib, Felder was ultimately left without a fight after making weight. I specifically remember Felder's interviews after, talking about how devastated he was to not be able to fight after cutting weight and making it down to 155. He talked about how brutal his weight cut is and something to the effect of that it takes him 8-10 weeks of commitment to get down to 155. Then just a couple weeks later, I remember him stepping on the scale at an event that he was commentating at and weighing in at 190 lbs. He is a huge LW.

So now, after being retired for 9 months, without a fight scheduled on the horizon, he can jump in on 5 days notice and make 155? It seems almost impossible, knowing the context of his walk around weight and past weight cuts. How on earth is he gonna make 155? I have a feeling this fight isn't gonna happen.... or maybe they have an under the table agreement where all parties know he isn't gonna make weight. I hope he proves me wrong though, either way he has my respect for stepping up and taking this fight.
Like other commenters, I think Felder is a serious guy, and wouldn't have stepped in if he didn't think he could make it.
THAT BEING SAID, his head is twice as big as it is on fight night, so I imagine a *rough* cut is in store for him.

He has been training for an extreme trail or something for the past month or something.

Paul is a professional, keeps himself in "near" fight shape and wouldnt accept fight if if there was a chance of him not making weight. Hell leave the scale at 55, 56. I'll even give the Franklin u gurantee ( providing he doesnt suffer some injury ).

He’s not a massive LW.

he’s short.

he probably walks around at 172.
He's big for 155, just as tall as GSP and pretty thick. He just said in this interview with Ariel he normally would be between 185-195 which seems accurate. Right now he's somewhere seventies because he's lighter than he normally would be, and that's the reason that he can actually take that. 172, just no way in hell he walks around that out of camp.

he may of been prepping for a fight that hasn't been announced/settle yet otherwise 5 days seems impossible.

Paul annoys me a bit on the mic, likes to make it about himself unnecessarily when working in the broadcast. But gutsy fight to take on this short a notice. Glad he's stepping up to give us still a quality fight night main event

felder has been working out hard since his time on the island--he has kepot himself ready. and even if he was out of shape. we are talking 30 lbs. i would argue that in his mind felder believes he can make the weight. in fact in his mind he knows he will make weight. but if he doesnt it will only be by a pound and the fight will go on.. felder knows what is up--this is a great fight and we will get each fighters 100

Masturbation, Laxatives and shaving his head?

That's 5-10 lbs right here

Back