• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can Nate Diaz make 145?

Nate and conor are both the same weight so im sure he can.

Cerrone used to talk about cutting to FW so I'm not so sure. I never thought Cowboy looked that drained at weigh-ins. I mean you can tell he's obviously cutting but I never thought he looked like a concentration camp victim.

It could be all bullshit, of course but Cerrone also said he would have cut to 155 if he had gotten the fight with Conor and he just came off his WW fight with Oliveira.

Cerrone is full of crap...concentration camp cowboy right there.
DonaldCerrone.jpg

He's said in the past that getting to 155 isn't particularly pleasant for him, so I think short of hacking off a limb getting to 145 would be difficult if not outright dangerous for him.

I've met the dude at a few shows in norcal - there's no fucking way he makes 145. The dude has to be extremely close to 200 pounds. He and Nick look almost identical in size when they're standing next to each other in jeans/tees

Yes Nate could make FW. Wouldn't be that healthy but he can do it.

He is not depleted at all at 155. He would just have to diet his way down to 160 (or even 155, I think he could naturally get down to 155 with a strict enough diet) and then cut to 145. Strict veggie diet with no carbs and Nate can make 160 without cutting water no problem with his body type. Then 15 lbs water is nothing to cut.

If you think 145 is impossible for Nate you don't know much about dieting or weight cutting. Its definitely doable.

You're trippin...he would die
UFC118WeighIn_Nate_Diaz-2.jpg

Nate-Diaz.jpg

036_Nate_Diaz_gallery_post.jpg

20151218032857_IMG_7923.JPG

042_Nate_Diaz.1354931274.jpg

Last edited:
That was a great interview, thanks for posting. Nate is really hitting his stride...he seems so comfortable and relaxed these days

It's a shame we are conditioned to only listen to and care about people when they succeed. When I listen to Nate Diaz, I see a real person: he is not playing a character, he is not a smug persona like some bones and spiders we see around.

Just a guy, and what an inspiration. I struggle to stop eating meat, this guy just quits it and never misses it again. And he talks about fighting as it is. No over-psychological new-age BS. I like how he says you're never prepared for a fight....it's a fight.

You're trippin...he would die
UFC118WeighIn_Nate_Diaz-2.jpg

Nate-Diaz.jpg

036_Nate_Diaz_gallery_post.jpg

20151218032857_IMG_7923.JPG

042_Nate_Diaz.1354931274.jpg

He's not even THAT lean there.

And the difference is there he's probably like 165-170 cutting to 155.

If he diets down to 155-160 he could definitely make 145. He's not even that tall or wide and doesn't have much muscle mass.

He's not even THAT lean there.

And the difference is there he's probably like 165-170 cutting to 155.

If he diets down to 155-160 he could definitely make 145. He's not even that tall or wide and doesn't have much muscle mass.

I believe that Nate walks around at 180+...Too much weight to cut to make 145 and still be healthy enough to fight at a high level.

The bottom two pics are from his fight with Johnson, I don't see 10 pounds to lose there without there being repercussions.

He already maintains a very healthy diet and lifestyle so I doubt there's much he could change that would allow him to get down to 145 and still be healthy.

Of course he could make 145 if he starves himself till he's sick, which will ruin his health and performance, so 155 is about as low as he can go without doing major damage to his body.

Back