Can books be scary?

Jaws is scarier than tbe movie to me, actually Peter Benchley books are pretty scary. Steven King's Misery was as well.

The Vanishing by Tim Krabbe is a gripping short novel I would recommend.

Depends on what you're scared of. This shit creeped me the fuck out, personally:

71T2%2BmD40SL.jpg

Look up the story of the licking hand. There are several variations that are spooky and it’s a quick read.

Hell yeah they can. King is by far my favorite horror author tho, so yeah......

Depends on what you're scared of. This shit creeped me the fuck out, personally:

71T2%2BmD40SL.jpg
Man this looks interesting. Any chance pf some not super spoilery plot synopsis?

Here you go bro!
Read these with the lights off, in the darkness.
Use a flashlight

choose-your-own-adventure-1200x600.jpg

choose-your-adventure-631x335.jpg

Last edited:
To me? Not really but you have to give it a chance and maybe it'll work. Movies are kinda the same for me.

Man this looks interesting. Any chance pf some not super spoilery plot synopsis?
A couple want to have a kid, but they're worried about genetic illnesses, so they get a hold of this controversial doc who says he can alter the offspring's DNA, eliminate any flaws. A "designer baby", basically. Big subject, actually, now in real life - which just heightens the tension and suspension of disbelief while reading the book. It's not shlock, quite realistic. If I had to envision it as a movie, it would seem like something David Fincher would make.

I don't read too many books, I mostly stick to audio books (cause of work, it's easier to put something in the background while working), but this consumed me. Got it as a birthday present and read it in one day glued to the couch.

Horror and comedy are two things that really depend on the person, though, so I don't know if this will be as hype to you as it was to me. But good luck and I hope you enjoy it.

9780375703768_p0_v2_s1200x630.jpg

Absolutely terrifying...

I wouldn't recommend this to someone who doesn't really read books, I've tried to read it twice and quit both times just because of how annoying the formatting is.

51j02dMHhZL.jpg

This would be my recommendation, it's not too long, story isn't convoluted at all, and it's the most disturbing thing I've ever read. I started reading this one night before I went to sleep and ended up staying awake all night finishing it because it hooked me in so well.

I've never been actually scared by a book. Movies can be scary at times due to performances, music, and building of tension, but because I'm reading a book in my living room with the lights on, it can't really do anything to actually put me on edge.

Edgar Poe can be unnerving sometimes. The Black Cat and The Pit and the Pendulum are both intense.

Back