Can anybody help me make a routine?

Bama Zulu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ok here's the deal.

I'm 6'2, 220LB. I do muay Thai and BJJ. I have weight lifting everyday for 45 minutes. I would like to get strength gains that will supplement my BJJ game.

I started to do deadlifts for the first time ever and they are awesome. I don't have a routine and I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out here.

read the stickies. there is a LOT of good information in there. come up with a routine based on that, then post it here for critique. and quit lifting every day.

Alright I'll read those stickies. And what I meant was that I have weight lifting class in the morning every day for 45 minutes. So I have to go, but I was thinking on off days I could just do BWE or something.

Alright here goes, please rip it apart if it sucks:

Day 1: Back
Lat pull down 3x5
Dumbbell Bent-over Row 3x5
Lever Incline Row 3x5
Chin Up till failure

Day 2: BWE Lower Body

Day 3: Hips
Deadlift 3x5
Squat 3x5
Dumbbell Lunge 3x8

Day 4: BWE Abdominals

Day 5: Chest+Shoulder
Bench Press 3x5
Military Press 3x5
Tricep Pull Down 3x5
Front dips 3x8

Every week I was going to increase weight and switch the days around so I give my body a shock and so it doesn't get use to a pattern.

I am going to be doing these types of deadlifts: http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/GluteusMaximus/BBDeadlift.html

Is that good? Or should I try to focus on another one for my BJJ supplementing?

Lastly, my BWE exercises are from Ross Enamit's book.

It could be worse. Your numbers may suffer by putting Deadlifts and Squats in the same WO. Btw, I sent you a PM.

The body is a cagey opponent; you have to keep it guessing. I wear different costumes to the gym on different days so my body doesn't know what's going on and I can shock it into massive muscular growth. One day I'm a dinosaur, the next day I'm a pirate, the next day I'm RIPPED.

HULKAMANIA said:
The body is a cagey opponent; you have to keep it guessing. I wear different costumes to the gym on different days so my body doesn't know what's going on and I can shock it into massive muscular growth. One day I'm a dinosaur, the next day I'm a pirate, the next day I'm RIPPED.

Were you a cock today?

HULKAMANIA said:
Don't you have a PM to be sending someone?

What's with the snide remarks in this thread? The thread starter, as noobish as he sounds, has some valid questions about improving the quality of his life (I think strength training is an excellent way to improve your life). Regardless of our supposed superiority, I think we owe it to anyone to give honest and respectful answers. If you think otherwise, I would reconsider having a bible quote as my signature.

Have a nice day and happy lifting.

i like putting deadlifts with my pulling day... but i know people who like to work it with lower body day, alternating squats and deadlifts every week. so i guess thats just up to your preference.

what kind of rep scheme are you using?

FATKID, I would like to apologize for making you angry. I would also like to apologize for making jokes seeing that, as you have pointed out, it violates that one part in the Bible where God forbids taking things lightly, and I have Proverbs quoted in my signature.

But my first post actually has a message. I'm just trying to let Mr. Bama Zulu know that he doesn't have to switch around what days he does things, and that doing so won't "shock" or "fool" his body. Admittedly, my approach wasn't the most direct or perhaps even the most kind, but I couldn't resist sharing the thought of going to the gym as a dinosaur. Sorry.

HULKAMANIA said:
But my first post actually has a message. I'm just trying to let Mr. Bama Zulu know that he doesn't have to switch around what days he does things, and that doing so won't "shock" or "fool" his body. Admittedly, my approach wasn't the most direct or perhaps even the most kind, but I couldn't resist sharing the thought of going to the gym as a dinosaur. Sorry.

I think you need to understand some things about gym and iron etiquette before you post any more. First, going to the gym dressed like a dinosaur is disrespectful to lizards, alligators, and sundry other reptiles. You remind them that their relatives are long dead and will never return to the physical realm of existence. Shame on you. Second, dressing like a dinosaur simply isn't fashionable anymore. But before you get your pink little panties in a wad about my dinosaur comment, let me commend you on your pirate costume choice. Not only is a pirate acceptable because of it's relevance to sea life, past and present, it's fashionable and will likely continue to be for decades to come. There's nothing like busting out some overhead squats when you're wearing pantyhose and tights. Although, I would advise not taking your parrot to the gym seeing as how mine tore my ear lobe off when I failed a rep one time.

I would also advise against going to the gym dressed like a medieval knight. While it is fashionable as well, you can be mistaken for equipment. I went one time and a large power lifter tossed me on the squat rack before I could inform him of my animate status.

You apparently also missed the part in the Bible where God forbade the dissing of dinosaurs. Read up so you can save yourself.

Happy lifting

Back