Campaign for Glover Teixeira Title Shot

It's a reflection of the sport that a fighter on a 5 fight win streak and coming off of finishing the #1 contender has to campaign for a title shot. It should be a given.

That's esp. so with a reigning champ with 0 title defenses.

This.
It's a no-brainer. Nothing to discuss here, Glover has the next title-shot. (I know, it's the UFC, so...)

We need more traction here guys.
Give Glover that very deserved TS now!

Glover is a legend of the sport and he would have been even without the last string of victories. He has had some of the low lights: his fight with JJ looked lopsided and his fight with the now semi-retired Gus was a terrible night for him...

But he has not only beaten but crushed his last few fights: he basically retired Lionheart (Lionheart had lost to JJ but then beaten Gus decisively) and then crushed Santos (many can argue he is the robbed LHW champ)

Give this man a title shot Dana. LHW division is thin as hell anyway.
Co-signed

#justiceforglover

You and the rest of Sherdog are all full of shit.

Honest Question: Would anyone here actually PAY MONEY (not steal it) to watch Blachowicz vs Glover???

At the end of the day this is a business and they have put out fights that people are willing to pay to watch or they will go under.

Jan vs Izzy is the fight that fits the bill.
Polish Power vs the Brazilian Zombie? Fuck yes.

You have to give Glover a shot. He's freaking 41 and on a 5 fight win streak.
Do not waste time. Book the match for March.

Bumping the thread.

Glover/contenders deserved the title shot more than anybody that is jumping weightclasses.

Glover should get the next title shot against Blachowicz. Adesanya should fight Whittaker. Then if Adesanya wins, he can go up to 205 after that. Whittaker wants the title shot, but does not want to fight in January since his wife is expecting a child. Dana twisted his words saying he did not want to fight.

Agree and Support the crazy idea of a fighter earning the TS in the weight class they actually fight in...FFS, I hope the organization actually does the right thing here... we will see.

That being said, Dana/UFC has proven time and time again their willing to sacrifice the integrity of the organization for the quick cash grab, and this isn’t going to change anytime soon

Merit over money would be a nice change of pace. Hell I might even start watching again

In.

Adesanya can wait, it’s not like he was in a hurry to move up a few months ago when Jones was champ, anyway.
And let’s be real and not act like “Izzy” is some crossover star with big ppv numbers, y’all know he ain’t that.

I want Glover vs Jan as well. Izzy smashes both but I find that fight way more competitive and interesting.

Glover’s win streak is a lot more impressive than Jan’s win streak that got him a title shot.

Jan beat two washed up MW’s in Jacare (split decision) and Rockhold, and a good LHW KO against Corey Anderson. A 3 win streak, with 1 LHW opponent among them.

Glover has beaten 5 straight LHW’s, 4 finishes, beat two of the last 3 title challengers including the #1 contender.

He should get the shot without a question.

Back