Camp Undefeated in NYC (any info?)

shaolindub

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone train at (or know anything about) the new gym in new york, camp undefeated (Camp Undefeated). They have a full cage there and say they train in mma, bjj (gi and no gi), and muay thai.

The bjj guys there are Matheus Oliviera and Eduardo Santos.

I'd like to find out about quality of instruction, class sizes, teaching style etc.

Thanks.

Camp "Undefeated"? Not a smart name choice, gonna have to change it some day.

pricey...

Pricey?? $130/month in NYC is DIRT CHEAP!

I don't think anything but a black belt should be able to teach BJJ, unless it is a case where a school splits and people go there seperate ways.

If you open a new school you should find a blk belt to teach BJJ.

I don't think anything but a black belt should be able to teach BJJ, unless it is a case where a school splits and people go there seperate ways.

apparently their main BJJ teacher is a purple belt. i would def agree w/ ur statement if it was just a BJJ school, but this place looks MMA focused so i think it's acceptable, like Ronin Athletics.

Yeah I guess if u can dole it all up front for a year. Otherwise, $199 a month, I know NYC standard, but for us po folk, still kinda rough.

Yeah I guess if u can dole it all up front for a year. Otherwise, $199 a month, I know NYC standard, but for us po folk, still kinda rough.

Why would you train MMA if you werent serious about sticking with it? So everyone should be signing up for the year, in fact if I was the manager there it would be the only choice. Allowing students to give up is not a good philosophy!

I'm by no means rich brother, but NY is just a crazy place to live! Gas is like $4.40 lol

apparently their main BJJ teacher is a purple belt. i would def agree w/ ur statement if it was just a BJJ school, but this place looks MMA focused so i think it's acceptable, like Ronin Athletics.

That's a good point too! I think I agree with you

The Jiu Jitsu Instructor is a Purple Belt Pan American Champion. I can attest to his skill, he is good.

Eduardo Santos is the black belt instructor which overseas the training. Matheus is the main instructor who teaches the classes on a daily basis. He regularly trains with Eduardo.

BJJ isn't like other martial arts. in other martial arts definitely, but it only takes like 5-8 years to get a black belt. in BJJ you're usually a purple belt in the same range of time, and due to the type of training in BJJ I still don't think they can be accurately compared. There should absolutely be a black belt overseeing things for obvious reasons; most obviously of all an underbelt should still be training and gaining rank. A black belt in BJJ is probably closer to "Renshi" status in other arts; should only Renshi be able to teach in them?

As far as Oliveira's instruction. I'm sure it is very good as I've seen more and more people winning in tournaments under that team name, "Oliveira". though "Team Undefeated" is new to me. It is hard to judge the level of a teachers instruction by his belt for a number of reason's. the easiest way to see the quality is by watching how his students preform in competition IMHO

hey, i train at fighthouse too

I stalked you in BJJ in NYC thread, who would you be :icon_conf

This gym looks OK.. I'm not really excited about the cage as I don't see a point but I might go check their no-gi/mt classes. J Storm wanna come?

I stalked you in BJJ in NYC thread, who would you be :icon_conf

This gym looks OK.. I'm not really excited about the cage as I don't see a point but I might go check their no-gi/mt classes. J Storm wanna come?

check yo pm's son

where do you see 130$ a month?

i have heard of the school since about say 6 months ago but i never went in the direction of the school for whatever reason...however if the price is 130 a month taht is a freaking steal in NYC??!! for mma and bjj

the place is in fact overseen by Eduardo Santos the BB BJJer and its most certainly in good hands. i should know ...Santos is my instuctor LOL!!

Back