Camp Undefeated Aaron Fisher in NYC (any info?)

anyone here actually been to camp undefeated for a while who can compare it against other gyms in the area?

anyone go to camp undefeated who's been there for a while and can compare it to other gyms in nyc?

yeah, there is a thread about them closing somewhere floating around

Read their site

'We have close down because we are re-locating, our new facility will be open mid-January, see you then!'

and they are still planning on charging people even though there is no school that is pretty messed up man

I think i would 'lose' my credit card before the bill is due

It really sucks for the students and the coaches there. From what I understand, Aaron Fisher is a very good coach.

I'm actually a student at camp undefeated now and was equally surprised to find that the school is closed for the next 2 weeks. However the students were aware that the camp was planning a move but I guess certain things didn't work out the way they planned. Provided they find a home soon, I don't really see a problem with it as they are a relatively new school.

While I can't speak for the management of the school financially, the instruction there has been very good and has exceeded my expectations. Aaron is a great teacher and takes the time and care to explain things in detail. His teaching style is also much more hands on then what i've found in other schools in the area. In the short time that I've been a student there I feel that I've benefited alot and have no complaints about joining.

Aaron e-mailed me today saying they are re-opening and I would be able to train there...

they are gunna open again and we are going to have a bigger gym

where are they opening and when? it's easy to say it, but what are the details?

I have been training at Camp Undefeated for the last 4 months and can not say enough good things about the gym and the people who run it. Having never trained martial arts before, I can not compare and contrast to other facilities, however I can give you the perspective of someone who has grown up in and around gym’s for the better part of the last 20 years. Facility wise its perfect for its purpose. They offer a wide variety of schedules to suit most everyone. Early AM classes are seldom crowded giving you ample time to work with the instructor. (Kru for me now that I am in the know) Moreover its clean, well laid out and completely free of pretense!

As a new student, to a completely foreign sport, I have been challenged both physically and mentally with just enough a$$ kicking to make me know I am working, but not too much so that I get frustrated . This brings me to the best part about CU, the staff. Aaron is quite possibly one of the best trainers I have ever worked with. As I said earlier I have been in and out of gyms for 20 years, having paid my way through college as a personal trainer. For most people in the game its simply a business where you bang out one session after another. With the gang at CU its really a passion. The most obvious thing about Aaron is not the fact that he can whoop your butt 6 ways from Sunday, but rather his genuine love for Muay Thai. He teaches the way all things should be taught, from the heart. He also possesses a skill that many trainers, myself included at times, lacks. That is the ability to know how hard to drive a person on a particular day. For those of us who have trained for a long time you know there are day’s when you need someone to come down on you, because you are dogging it. And then there are days when you just don’t have any fuel in the tank but are giving it your all. Walking that line is a fine art and for a young guy he has got it down.

So without turning this in to a commercial for Camp Undefeated let me just say it’s a great place to train. The people are spot on and Aaron is a winner…period! As far as them being closed let me say I know for certain that they are NOT out of business. I was there the day the moving company came to take the stuff over to the new facility. It seems the timing of the move got skewed as a result of another space falling through. Long story short they are building out the new space and should be open in a couple of weeks.

Thought to mention one last thing. I don’t ever post ANYWHERE however I feel such a strong connection with CU that I had to write something. Hopefully that should tell you something.

wow lots of first time posters seem to show up to defend this place lol

but again when are they opening up again and where? it is janary 5th already

It really sucks for the students and the coaches there. From what I understand, Aaron Fisher is a very good coach.

I think aaron was the best thing CU had going. He is a very good coach indeed. Hope the owners don't screw things up for him and the students.

ttt for new location address and opening date...

I believe im the only 6 foot 2 asian guy in the advanced classes of Muay Thai under Kru Aaron so I am in no way here just to protect them as a paid thread poster.

I was at another school for 2 years for Muay Thai and after being here 3 months under Kru Aaron my level of progression can be seen and felt firsthand. A few of my friends who also went to a few other schools have seen clips of the training sessions were shocked that Kru Aaron actually coaches you hands on for a majority of the sparring sessions and picks out little bad details that I didn't know existed before. I don't believe many schools can say that sparring with the main Kru is a weekly thing and surely humbles you in many ways.

I can't say much about the BJJ and MMA classes as I don't take them, but I can say firsthand that Kru Aaron teaches direct, clearly and from the heart as the poster above stated.

As for the school reopening soon. I am still waiting for concrete details, but I am not too worried as I believe they will reopen soon

you must have a lot of money to throw around if you aren't worried about being charged when they aren't even offering classes. no one that I see said aaron was bad, but the owners suck butt if they close a gym, have no new place and still charge you for classes

Back