Camp Undefeated Aaron Fisher in NYC (any info?)

shaolindub

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone train at or know of the new mma gym, Camp Undefeated or anything about the quality of the instruction, class size, teaching style etc.

The muay thai guy there is named aaron fisher.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

i actually stopped by and checked out one of the muay thai classes at camp undefeated.. aaron just started teaching there and seems like a good instructor

the only thing is it seems like there arent many experienced students in the classes as the gym in relatively new.. when i checked it out many of students didn't even have shin guards.

i think it'd be a good place to start out but if ur looking for good sparring and to learn from other students it might take a while before they're far along enough

I think camp undefeated just opened a short while ago, They probobly don't have many students yet.

Hey everybody!

We had 23 students in our Muay Thai class last night and we are constantly expanding. There are definitely some good people to spar with and we have 2 students fighting at the Miletich "exhibition fights" September in Long Island.

Please feel free to come in for a free class and check us out.

Good Training!
Camp Undefeated
15 W 39th St 4th floor
212-302-0402
campundefeated.com

I train there.. and both the muay thai guy and bjj guy are like incredibly knowledgable. I pretty much suck, and i'm out of shape haha but I feel incredible after going there for a couple weeks. I've trained at NY San Da before, and i'm liking this gym alot more, both the muay thai and bjj classes they run you harder, you get one on one experience rather than just doing drills everyday. Everyone makes you feel at home there as well, no pretense. There's def alot of guys who are very experienced there now, and guys who stop in that are friends of aarons from thailand and sht.
Heres a nice clip of the muay thai instructor
YouTube - aaron "the ghost" fisher highlight reel

sorry tried to put it in here but sherdog didn't let me for some reason :\

the bjj is good and the instructor is a really cool guy...the muay thai guy is also legit and good...but when i checked out the muay thai class it didnt seem like they had many students to spar with... It was really just a bunch of begginers. I only checked the place out once though.

They do have a nice set up with a cage and everything.

agente, when did you go check them out? i went a few months ago and had a similar experience. They are still so close to my work place that i'm thinking about joining but im concerned with them potentally lacking good sparring partners.

there is a lot of chat on the internet about this gym but I am wondering who fights out of there? do they do the shows lke mahem and Kru Willie's shows?

there is a lot of chat on the internet about this gym but I am wondering who fights out of there? do they do the shows lke mahem and Kru Willie's shows?

Mostly spam by their staff. It was retarded back in a day, way too obvious.

if they were cheap i would still probably go there but all of new york is too expensive

So no one knows how Aaron did in his fight? Wasn't it to be on the Contender Asia show? Did he make it?

2nd biggest mis match.

Trevor Smandych vs. Aaron Fisher

fighters test the waters the first round in traditional Thai style. Towards the end of the first round Smandych has established himself as the aggressor and has started working Fishers lead left leg. The second round is more of the same Smandych now taking Fisher apart and still targeting his lead leg. Fisher is having visible issues standing but refuses to switch his stance. Fisher narrowly survives the second round and comes out limping in the third. Smandych is now setting his shots up and trying to finish Fisher. Fisher is understandably preoccupied with protecting his leg and leaves himself open for Smandych's left body hook. Smandych wins by TKO in the 3rd.

2nd biggest mis match.

Trevor Smandych vs. Aaron Fisher

fighters test the waters the first round in traditional Thai style. Towards the end of the first round Smandych has established himself as the aggressor and has started working Fishers lead left leg. The second round is more of the same Smandych now taking Fisher apart and still targeting his lead leg. Fisher is having visible issues standing but refuses to switch his stance. Fisher narrowly survives the second round and comes out limping in the third. Smandych is now setting his shots up and trying to finish Fisher. Fisher is understandably preoccupied with protecting his leg and leaves himself open for Smandych's left body hook. Smandych wins by TKO in the 3rd.

Damn, he lost to a body shot? You would think after all those years of fighting in Thailand he would have a body made of steel.

does he have a lot of fights in Thailand? He was there for years?

I guess he lived in Phuket for a long time and had a bunch of fights at Bangla stadium.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back