Calzaghe's legacy V roy jones jnrs legacy

Speaking of Sugar Ray Robinson, I have to give a 10 minute speech on Sugar Ray Robinson in Mandarin Chinese. Fuck stuff.

Calzaghe is a very good fighter, and has had a career that most boxers would dream of having. But Roy Jones Jr is going to be a legend, he's in a different category.

there's no argument here,roy jones has the better legacy..and even if they fight now,im still giving roy a big chance on winning against joe calzhage..

Calzaghe is a very good fighter, and has had a career that most boxers would dream of having. But Roy Jones Jr is going to be a legend, he's in a different category.

I think Calzaghe is undoubtedly a legend as well, just Jones Jr is higher up the ladder.

Jones Jr. has a greater legacy. He beat a prime Bhop whereas Joe struggled and got knocked down against a past-prime Bhop.

Jones Jr. has a greater legacy. He beat a prime Bhop whereas Joe struggled and got knocked down against a past-prime Bhop.

Neither Jones nor Hopkins were prime when they fought. They were prime when they couldn't get a rematch inked.

Roy Jones has a much greater legacy. There is no argument that can be made about it. Roy beat much better compettion and moved from 154 to heavyweight to beat a top 5 heavyweight with a belt.

Roy is a top 25 fighter on the alltime list. Joe probably isn't top 100.

end of thread

I'm not knocking Calzaghe. He's a good fighter, but take his most dominant performance(Lacy) and then realize that Roy did that and then some everytime out in his prime. There is really no comparison.

QFT

Maybe I'm a little biased. Calzaghe always brings it, but he's slapping style just irkes me. I really wish the guy would turn over his punches, but then again I guess he wouldn't have the volume that makes his style.

Love CZ.

But in their primes Roy's speed and accurate counter punching would kill Joe.

Roy in his prime was one of the top 3 counter punchers in the history of the sport IMO.

Back