Calling Connor "GOAT in the making" is fun, but there's only one real future GOAT

I see Pettis stuffing the TD, like he did to Gil and Bendo, and putting a big, fat, KO loss on that unblemished record.

Pettis has shown multiple times that he can outwrestle the best and win however he wants.

I can definitely see Pettis tapping Khabib from his back. If you can't see it, I'm not sure what you've been watching.

Pettis is more exciting, more impressive, and would whoop Connor McMuffin's ASS. "Too big?" Lol this is 10 lbs. we're talking. 10 fucking lbs.

And if Pettis can make the weight cut and put up 145 on that scale, he's not too big, ala GSP vs Anderson like someone said in an earlier post. He's juuuuuust right! The scale doesn't lie.

We need to give this guy more appreciation.

He might have been watching the Pettis-Guida fight, hahahaha.

I know it was a while ago and people improve and everything but it still happened and Khabib is a WAY better fighter than Guida.

One other thing going good for Pettis is that since he's the champion, every one of his fights will be 5 rounds so he has 5 rounds to work for a finish against anybody.

you could add The Chris to the "future Goat" discussion.

He may be the only one people can say that about. He hasn't looked even in trouble in a fight yet and he fights good people. Jones can if they hire good LHW's. Jones has a week division so it don't mean much. Pettis has had 1 defense and lost to guida & bart. He has to prove himself a lot yet

I see Pettis stuffing the TD, like he did to Gil and Bendo, and putting a big, fat, KO loss on that unblemished record.

Pettis has shown multiple times that he can outwrestle the best and win however he wants.

I can definitely see Pettis tapping Khabib from his back. If you can't see it, I'm not sure what you've been watching.

Are you forgetting the Guida fight?

How is Pettis ever going to be GOAT when he fights once every Halley's Comet?

Watching Connor's rise has been a lot of fun. I really like this guy.

Calling him the GOAT is a funny joke that you guys can't get enough of.

But in all seriousness, we have a real emerging star who is actually fighting the top guys, making a real case for future GOAT.

ANTHONY PETTIS!

pettis.jpg

Why do we praise Connor? From his own words:
A. he finishes fights
B. he has a creative, unorthodox style
C. he puts on a show and knows how to run his mouth

Why do we detract from Connor?
A. hasn't fought the most elite talent yet
B. he's getting a fast track title shot, skipping the real contenders like Cub and Frankie
C. he hasn't been proved to be well rounded, and hasn't fought a real wrestler

Pettis has everything going for him in the first three (definitely doesn't run his mouth like Connor, but can definitely promote himself as seen by his big sponsor deals)

But Pettis also has done all three of the things Connor hasnt.

He's fought the elite talent, wiping out Melendez, Cerrone and Benson Henderson all in one fellow swoop. Connor hasn't fought ONE GUY as good as those three, and Pettis fought three, in a row, with incredible finishes!

He's also had anything but the fast track to a title shot, having to beg for one while Benson held the belt so long, even though he had a Championship win over Benson and we all knew he could beat him a second time.

And, to address the third thing we detract from Connor, Pettis has actually fought and defeated wrestlers. He's fought and defeated pretty much every type of opponent, and at times has beaten them at their own strength (tooled Cerrone in a striking clinic and out wrestled Henderson en route to tapping him via armbar in the first round...after Henderson JUST GOT HIS BLACKBELT!

Just making this thread because Pettis doesn't get nearly enough credit, and his last three wins are some of the most impressive in the history of MMA in my opinion.

Oh yeah, one more comparison between the two...
Pettis actually has a real shot of beating Aldo!

Let give Anthony the props he deserves. He's filled the void left by Anderson Silva and is clearly the next candidate for GOAT.

Flame on McBitches.

I like both of them. Thanks for asking ts

Pettis is a beast no doubt. But that grapple fuckfest lost to Guida really hurt him. ..and that's coming off a great performance against Benson. Call it ufc jitters if you want but it is what it is...

I'm pretty sure we've seen enough to not hold the Guida fight against Pettis at this point. Bendo and Gil can get fights on the ground if they want and he submitted both of them. Two far better fighters than Clay.

Maybe Khabib holds him down for 5 rounds but I just don't see it. Pettis should beat him pretty easily, IMO.

conner is not barely top 10 at lightweight

and hes not even barely top 5 at feather weight, aldo will chew him up and spit him out , and conner will be beat again and again by the likes of mendez and edgar,

where he will realize he is not shit and his dreams of ever retaining a title do not exist at feather weight , he will go up to lightweight and get knockout first round by pettis or cerrone or thrown around like a doll by khabib, then he will re evaluate his life and probably off himself once he realizes he is nothing more than aldos jester

The best fighter in the world today is Jon Jones, end of story.
But GOAT is currently between Silva or Fedor. But in time, I believe Jones will go down as GOAT.

Haha, blind nuthuggery. The dude has looked impressive but a few fights ago he put on a shit performance against an okay now featherweight and also lost to a guy who is getting his ass kicked by 145ers too. He has a lot to prove.

He has quite a ways to catch up to Jon Jones and they're the same age, plus Jones is in a division where fighters tend to have more longevity.

God's Coke Champion is the most likely GOAT candidate

Pettis is more exciting, more impressive, and would whoop Connor McMuffin's ASS. "Too big?" Lol this is 10 lbs. we're talking. 10 fucking lbs.

And if Pettis can make the weight cut and put up 145 on that scale, he's not too big, ala GSP vs Anderson like someone said in an earlier post. He's juuuuuust right! The scale doesn't lie.

We need to give this guy more appreciation.

Conor can't even look in Pettis's toolbox, he's killing himself to stay down @145 and stay away from the bruisers @LW.
Conor can play around @145 but the hiding is done behind baby step fighters, Aldo is not a Dana puppet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back