Calling car audio experts

that is too much ^^^^ lol

pointing to those 18's

Try to find some of the Memphis PR 10's and around 500 clean watts to push them and you won't be disappointed in the slightest. That should leave you some money to spare for installation too.

Try to find some of the Memphis PR 10's and around 500 clean watts to push them and you won't be disappointed in the slightest. That should leave you some money to spare for installation too.

I love Memphis products too. Very nice. Used to have 2 Memphis MOJO 12's off 2 1000.1's. Also had two of the Memphis studio series 10's in a SQ setup.

I love Memphis products too. Very nice. Used to have 2 Memphis MOJO 12's off 2 1000.1's. Also had two of the Memphis studio series 10's in a SQ setup.

A buddy of mine used to have a MOJO. That thing got stupid loud.

Really? I had the 'Type S' speakers in my Maxima and them shits were LOUD, not to mention very clear.

If I had the money though, I would go with JL Audio.

I have criteria beyond just being loud... I want my system to accurately reproduce the music as realistically as possible.

I miss my last setup.
Alpine deck
CDT mids/tweets/xovers
Zapco amps
ID sub

What ID sub? I absolutely loved the IDQv3 I got to hear and I used to have an older ID15.

I was really sad to hear that Matt and Eric are both out of ID now. Fred left many years ago and is now with Arc, but I haven't been able to get a good bead on Matt and Eric yet. :(

Ascendent Audio and Fi Audio make excellent subs for the money. If For amps you can't go wrong with Memphis or Diamond. If you plan on using a ported box you will probably need to get it custom built. Don't bother with prefabs. Sealed you have more leeway. Whats your budget because you might as well go with a 4 channel and components so you actually get mids/highs over the bass.

so your basically buying something you dont need, not to be a jerk, but thats a little consumerist. Enjoy the things you have around you, even if theyre old and not considered "ballin" by some or "posh" by others.

the cia called

go back to craigslist

Sound deaden and seal the doors and put some kickass components on an amp, with 1 sub on a separate amp in there. I had that setup in a ford escape, Kicker KS6.5? up front and a phoenix gold 12 in a 1cu ft sealed box. Not obnoxious and great for camping and shit. I wouldnt buy new kicker comps or PG subs, but sealing up the front doors and doing components will really do a lot more than just overpowering the rest of the system with subwoofers.

I have a car audio question. My CD Changer went out in my 04 Durango, The radio itself work, but you can not even select the CD option now. Also when I turn on the car the changer can be heard grinding gear. Now the stock replacement is over $700. What would be some decent replacement option?

I guess the size is weird, a Din and a half. So I went to one place and they said there weren't many options, other then a single Din CD player, which would leave a big blank gap in my dash. Anyone think of a good replacement idea, that wouldn't be super expensive?

Also would something, like those flip out all in one DVD units be a viable option. Such as

http://www.amazon.com/Jensen-VM9215BT-widescreen-Bluetooth-multimedia/dp/B007Y2NELE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=ISORUGI0TKY3&coliid=IM5RKY2SWR5IX

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Acoustik-PTID-8920B-Receiver-Touchscreen/dp/B0051GN8JI/ref=pd_cp_e_0

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This thread got me thinking. Do high school kids today give a shit about car audio? Back in 2001 when I graduated everyone used to have crutchfield magazine during study halls. I don't know why I get the feeling its not as big anymore. Probably because I'm old.

i dont hear as many people bumping anymore. i think most systems got stolen and people lost their ear for loud bass

I have a car audio question. My CD Changer went out in my 04 Durango, The radio itself work, but you can not even select the CD option now. Also when I turn on the car the changer can be heard grinding gear. Now the stock replacement is over $700. What would be some decent replacement option?

I guess the size is weird, a Din and a half. So I went to one place and they said there weren't many options, other then a single Din CD player, which would leave a big blank gap in my dash. Anyone think of a good replacement idea, that wouldn't be super expensive?

Also would something, like those flip out all in one DVD units be a viable option. Such as

http://www.amazon.com/Jensen-VM9215BT-widescreen-Bluetooth-multimedia/dp/B007Y2NELE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=ISORUGI0TKY3&coliid=IM5RKY2SWR5IX

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Acoustik-PTID-8920B-Receiver-Touchscreen/dp/B0051GN8JI/ref=pd_cp_e_0

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDIOVOX-FM...028?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccb1a638c

that's a link to an item that i sell on eBay - it's an audiovox FMM-100 fm modulator. great bang for your buck. forget about cd's and add an aux input to your car for under $70. it's the equivalent of perfect FM reception. you don't have to change channels all the time or anything like that - it's a wired connection.

i dont hear as many people bumping anymore. i think most systems got stolen and people lost their ear for loud bass

nowadays it's more "check out what my phone can do to my car".

smart start systems, iphone's streaming video to head unit, etc. the boom boom is still very prevalent....just not nearly what it used to be

I have been out of the game for quite some time but I am thinking of getting a system again. Nothing too crazy thought. I have a 2007 chevy silverado extended cab. I was looking at this custom box.
A0R8_1_20120801_15825990.jpg

I already have a pioneer deck. I am thinking of getting rockford fosgate 10" subs but need help choosing them and sizing the amp.

Get 2 sundown audio sa 8" v2 2ohm and a custom ported box. Shouldn't be more than 650 for the 2 subs and box, get a hifonics brz 1700 amp with the biggest gauge wire that will fit to power them with gains turned down at first, break in a good month or so, then later run at full power.
This set up will blow those fosgates out the water.

I have been out of the game for quite some time but I am thinking of getting a system again. Nothing too crazy thought. I have a 2007 chevy silverado extended cab. I was looking at this custom box.
A0R8_1_20120801_15825990.jpg

I already have a pioneer deck. I am thinking of getting rockford fosgate 10" subs but need help choosing them and sizing the amp.

i did a 2009 silverado a few months ago. i installed a pioneer double din w/ nav, backup camera, JL front components, a JL audio four channel amp and a 10 inch JL w3 sub. i used the four channel amp's front two channels to power the components, rear two channels to power the sub, and since he shopped very aggressively, he got out for under $2k including parts / labor. the head unit alone was about $800. it was a fantastic setup.

my brother just bought a 2012 sierra that i'm going to tear into next weekend.

my suggestion - don't do two subs. do one powerful one that works well in a standard truck box laying underneath one side of your seat. this will allow you to install the amp underneath the other half of the seat. if you have a sub under each seat, in a silverado, the amp will have to go on the rear wall. this will make for a) a more difficult installation but b) most importantly, it makes the amp hard to service and it gets hot as hell back there.

just my two C

http://www.car-fi.com/news/RetailerYear/Top12.html

check out #37 in the individual section. strangely similar to my sherdog handle...

I was really sad to hear that Matt and Eric are both out of ID now. Fred left many years ago and is now with Arc, but I haven't been able to get a good bead on Matt and Eric yet. :(

you work in car audio?

This thread got me thinking. Do high school kids today give a shit about car audio? Back in 2001 when I graduated everyone used to have crutchfield magazine during study halls. I don't know why I get the feeling its not as big anymore. Probably because I'm old.

A lot of newer vehicles don't need aftermarket stuff except for maybe a sub. Every vehicle I've had in the past 10 years has had a satisfactory stock stereo. I used to be big into audio, everything had to have components and subs, but I just don't care for the big bass anymore and factory mids and highs are good enough for me.

Back