Calling car audio experts

Heisenberg

tread lightly
@Gold
Reaction score
I have been out of the game for quite some time but I am thinking of getting a system again. Nothing too crazy thought. I have a 2007 chevy silverado extended cab. I was looking at this custom box.
A0R8_1_20120801_15825990.jpg

I already have a pioneer deck. I am thinking of getting rockford fosgate 10" subs but need help choosing them and sizing the amp.

is your current soundsystem in your 2007 busted? love the c.u.t.

The current speakers are stock. Deck is pioneer, fairly new.

so your basically buying something you dont need, not to be a jerk, but thats a little consumerist. Enjoy the things you have around you, even if theyre old and not considered "ballin" by some or "posh" by others.

so your basically buying something you dont need, not to be a jerk, but thats a little consumerist

Not sure if serious. No I dont "need" to have a loud system. This is purely a want.

Cars a troll don't listen to him. He probably doesn't even have a car which is why he projects online with his car like username and anti music enhancing propaganda

Cars a troll don't listen to him. He probably doesn't even have a car which is why he projects online with his car like username and anti music enhancing propaganda

i create music. i think i have say

I hate all the car audio people out there, it's like they're trying to compensate for having a small penis. Look how bad ass I am. I'm sorry but when I'm driving down the street I don't want to hear your music. When you're driving your car the radio is mere inches from you the factory speakers in your car are more then sufficient.

You can have a system to enhance the quality of sound produced inside the cab without it even being noticeable to other drivers

What kind of budget are you working with? A fantastic buy that will blow the doors off Rockford's is the SSA Dcon. They're only around $100 each and don't need too much power to run them. My other advice would be to never spend more money on your subs than you can spend on an amp. If you're looking to have any simblance of quality sound getting to your ears you need to spend at least the same amount for an amp.

Here's a little clip of what the Dcon's can do.

Last edited:
You need a new deck mang. Pioneer blows.

No, they're decks are decent for the money. Dual and Jensen blow.

Yea, Dual and Jensen do suck bowels but you get what you pay for. Seriously though

fuck Pioneer my CD's would always jam up in those piece of shit decks. Never again.

For someone looking for expert opinions, there sure are a lot of uneducated posters in here...

What is your budget TS, and what subs specifically? What is the airspace of that enclosure?

For someone looking for expert opinions, there sure are a lot of uneducated posters in here...

What is your budget TS, and what subs specifically? What is the airspace of that enclosure?

Don't throw all of us in that lot. The subs I recommended don't break the bank, have a relatively shallow mounting depth, and work well in a small sealed enclosure.

Don't throw all of us in that lot. The subs I recommended don't break the bank, have a relatively shallow mounting depth, and work well in a small sealed enclosure.

You were one of the exceptions. ;)

Back