Calisthenics anyone?

STRYDG

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So a few videos have popped into my YT feed recently and its something I've always had an interest in but now I'm really keen.

All the squats and push ups are fine and happy to start from the bottom but really want to progress and get some of the crazy poses down. The strength, balance and control over your body is awesome.

So could anyone recommend any good apps/sites/channels to level your game up? Anyone decent or good at it? Something fun to work on to complement hitting the weights and walking for exercise.

Some of the books by those weirdos the kavadlo brothers have some good stuff in them, they sell them on the dragon door website, at least they used to. I messed around with some of it for awhile but other than pistol squats and pull ups/muscle ups I got bored.

I learned to planche by watching Al Kavaldo videos. William Broman (gymnast) puts up good content on instagram.

Yeah see I don't want muscle ups and pistols squats to be my end goal I wanna nail those planches and other crazy things.

Thing is a lot of them seem to be pay for courses. Now I may consider paying but fuck knows what yoir getting. For example cali-move ha e great youtube videos but have read their courses are a bit garbage and shite English.

Yeah see I don't want muscle ups and pistols squats to be my end goal I wanna nail those planches and other crazy things.

Thing is a lot of them seem to be pay for courses. Now I may consider paying but fuck knows what yoir getting. For example cali-move ha e great youtube videos but have read their courses are a bit garbage and shite English.

i think gymnastic bodies is your best choice if you wanna learn the circus tricks. the reddit bwe community is the best/only functioning bwe forum with a lot threads about planches and levers.

Never considered Swiss ball. See if there's still one round our gym.

Been checking channels out, huge backlog to go through. Another channel Im liking is Tom Merrick.

Need to work on my mobility and flexibility a lot too!

But is Body weight a legit way to get real strength gains? How big can you get with it?

Never considered Swiss ball. See if there's still one round our gym.

Been checking channels out, huge backlog to go through. Another channel Im liking is Tom Merrick.

Need to work on my mobility and flexibility a lot too!
I went through the whole swiss ball workout/routine( I just wrote them down, watched the videos and did some notes as I was familiar with a lot of the exercises and movements) yesterday and it felt great. Really felt loose and springy.

But is Body weight a legit way to get real strength gains? How big can you get with it?

Different kind of ripped. It's like when you look at a gymnast. They are super huge but they are built and ripped and insanely strong with some of the poses and positions they can do.

Gonna start a routine this weekend. Still haven't brought anything yet as not sure if there's value in them.

calisthenicmovement is a great channel, very instructive.
so is fitnessFAQ, those are my 2 favourite calistenics channels.
you also have dominik sky who's pretty good and interesting (he says at one point he wanted to become an MMA fighter btw)
then thenx, which is not as good as the ones I mentionned, but still pretty interesting

Back