Economy California Democrats escalate their housing crisis... Pass Bill to handout up to $150,000 for 1st time buyers for Illegal Immigrants

Scerpi

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Are they completely insane? Using tax payer money to hand out money to non-citizens to buy homes? And don't give me that its a loan. There's zero collateral and the State of California isn't going to repo an illegal's house for non-payment. And do these clowns not understand what happened in 2008? And the abuse of 2nd mortgages to bridge the gap for home buyers? And what happened to those homes?

Lawmakers advance bill allowing undocumented immigrants to apply for California Dream for All homebuyer assistance​

And California is facing yet another massive deficit for 2024. So why is California handing out money to ANYONE for down payments? And do Democrats not understand how inflation works and what handing out yet more money will do the Housing market?

There's multitudes of money issues in Cali, after businesses have been leaving and issues with tech unemployment. Also, California keeps adding hand out programs.

California in a jam after borrowing billions to pay unemployment benefits​

California’s massive budget deficit, coupled with the state’s relatively high level of joblessness, has become a major barrier to reducing the billions of dollars of debt it has incurred to pay unemployment benefits.

The surge in unemployment brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic pushed the state’s unemployment insurance trust into insolvency. And over the last year California’s joblessness has been on the upswing again, reaching 5.3% in February, the highest among all states. The March job numbers come out Friday.

To keep the safety-net program operating at a time when the taxes paid by employers and earmarked for jobless benefits are insufficient, Sacramento has been borrowing billions of dollars from the federal government. The debt now stands at about $21 billion and growing, an increasing burden for state deficit fighters and for the businesses that pay into the jobless insurance program.

Newsom extends free healthcare to 700,000 illegal immigrants despite record budget deficit

How can state lawmakers in good faith, pass more laws handing out money when the State is already broke?

Remember this when Kamala starts parroting programs that started in California...

In Bakersfield, maybe

81Tbhg4M9hL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I thought the $150k was the max down payment. Can you even get a house in Cali for $150,000?
Of course you can't, haha. I got a pretty sweet deal here in the desert but there's nothing for kids to do here, we don't have nice restaurants like I was used to in Silicon Valley and health and pet care is awful.

Are they completely insane? Using tax payer money to hand out money to non-citizens to buy homes? And don't give me that its a loan. There's zero collateral and the State of California isn't going to repo an illegal's house for non-payment. And do these clowns not understand what happened in 2008? And the abuse of 2nd mortgages to bridge the gap for home buyers? And what happened to those homes?

Lawmakers advance bill allowing undocumented immigrants to apply for California Dream for All homebuyer assistance​

And California is facing yet another massive deficit for 2024. So why is California handing out money to ANYONE for down payments? And do Democrats not understand how inflation works and what handing out yet more money will do the Housing market?

There's multitudes of money issues in Cali, after businesses have been leaving and issues with tech unemployment. Also, California keeps adding hand out programs.

California in a jam after borrowing billions to pay unemployment benefits​

California’s massive budget deficit, coupled with the state’s relatively high level of joblessness, has become a major barrier to reducing the billions of dollars of debt it has incurred to pay unemployment benefits.

The surge in unemployment brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic pushed the state’s unemployment insurance trust into insolvency. And over the last year California’s joblessness has been on the upswing again, reaching 5.3% in February, the highest among all states. The March job numbers come out Friday.

To keep the safety-net program operating at a time when the taxes paid by employers and earmarked for jobless benefits are insufficient, Sacramento has been borrowing billions of dollars from the federal government. The debt now stands at about $21 billion and growing, an increasing burden for state deficit fighters and for the businesses that pay into the jobless insurance program.

Newsom extends free healthcare to 700,000 illegal immigrants despite record budget deficit

How can state lawmakers in good faith, pass more laws handing out money when the State is already broke?

Remember this when Kamala starts parroting programs that started in California...

Subsidies for first time homebuyers in a low supply market is already a bad policy idea but to expand it to illegals is insane to me. Politicians and voters will do anything and everything to address the housing crisis except the one thing which will actually help and that is allow the market to build more units

Of course you can't, haha. I got a pretty sweet deal here in the desert but there's nothing for kids to do here, we don't have nice restaurants like I was used to in Silicon Valley and health and pet care is awful.

I moved to a similar area in Texas. Wasn't to far from town though so I knew eventually the area would grow which it's started doing this past three years. We have like 6 new restaurants opening up near me now. Finally getting a chipotle which we used to have to drive 20 mins for.

That’s 150k for a down payment.

It's up to 20% for down payment and closing costs with a maximum of $150k.

So it's not handout of $150,000 to anyone that straggles in like the moron TS makes it sound. Oh, and all applicants have to be working and paying taxes in order to receive it.

Back