Calf raises = sore hips?

Heavily fatigued, jaded as fuck, and chemically imbalanced. I think that rotational levering I did the other day was really beneficial to my overall lower arm development actually. I'm pretty excited to incorporate it more often really, especially since I'm probably gonna have my left hand sliced open pretty soon here to have an occlusive cyst removed from my palm and I won't be able to do anything that puts direct pressure on that area (hence no bending or grippers with the left hand). so I may have to back off grip work that uses heavy loads a bit and go to some "heavy hammer" levering and expansion loops type things for a while. at least with my left. I may still train up my right on grippers.

I've begun to look at injuries and impasses to my training completely differently. they are opportunities to do things I don't normally do with equal intensity. My back gave out and I switched over to pistols. My left palm is gonna get fucked up so I'll switch to thick handled levering. I dunno, it's kinda fun to see where a setback takes me.

I feel disproportionately depressed for how optimistic that last paragraph would suggest I am. But I guess the reality is I don't have much going on in my life besides training right now, and I think it bums me out a bit to be so one sided.

And I'm reading catcher in the rye for the first time... that book sucks! I'm only 30 pages in but the protagonist bugs the shit out of me.

Picture066.jpg

Catcher in the Rye is a piece of shit.

Poker in the rear...

...and Catcher in the eye.

Catcher in the Rye is a piece of shit.

why do people like it? Is it some emo thing? I've seen it listed on so many "interests" or lists of books people like... and it's fucking awful.

why do people like it? Is it some emo thing? I've seen it listed on so many "interests" or lists of books people like... and it's fucking awful.

Couldn't tell ya. It's on a lot of "top 100 books" lists, but all I got out of it was a headache.

Maybe I'm biased since my parents never offered to put me through school. Must be nice to have the luxury of deciding not to apply one's self. Holden = d-bag in my book.

Cather in the Rye you either love it or hate it.

I hate it. I hate it so much I immediately stop talking to friends, old or new, if I find out they like it.

I think it appeals to oldish, well-off academic types who wished they had had the balls to rebel against something/anything while they were still young enough to care.

Lots of people list stupid fucking things as their interests all the time.

Lots of people list stupid fucking things as their interests all the time.

Maybe people just have stupid interests... not everyone is going to be as cool as me:

Interest:
Lifting
coffee
uhhh... that's about it. and I'm not very good at either of them.

Maybe people just have stupid interests... not everyone is going to be as cool as me:

Interest:
Lifting
coffee
uhhh... that's about it. and I'm not very good at either of them.

bending shit
fighting fires
saving lives
watching birds

fighting fires
saving lives

He doesn't get to actually do those at his current job though. More like dealing with shitty management and overlong shifts, and I don't think either of those are interests he's particularly interested in.

Bending shit is a weird hobby. I can't figure out how to work that into a conversation... "oh, and I bend things!" it always comes out weird. best just not to tell people I've found and let them discover that about me on their own.

Back