Caleb Plant vs Caleb Truax Jan.30th PBC FOX

While the Plant - Truax fight isn't all that inspiring of a match-up, I am looking forward to seeing the two unbeaten heavyweights, Michael Coffie & Darmani Rock go at it. It'll be interesting to see where they stack up against the other up & coming heavies. Rock had a more impressive amateur career but apparently, Coffie is good enough to hang with several of the top dogs like Deontay Wilder in sparring. So, hopefully, their respective skillsets will translate into it being a good fight.

Speaking of good heavyweight match-ups, I hope that the proposed Hrgovic - Bakole fight gets singed for April. That would be an excellent contest that would propel the winner into the top ten. I like the fact that these less established guys are willing to face one another now as a means of furthering their status in the division.

I think Hrgovic takes Bakole btw. I think he stops him in the latter half of the fight. Hrgovic will get his chin tested though as Bakole can punch.

If Plant doesn't fight Canelo, BJS, Callum, or Jacobs next then he's on his way into the Gary Russell category

He has been active, and he has only 20 fights as a pro. 2 completely different stories
His last fight was almost 365 days ago, similar to GRJR average.

After winning a world title he fought
Mike Lee - ok
Feigunbutz - acceptable
Truax - ehh

I don't see fans forgiving him for taking 4th gimme fight consecutively as a world champion

His last fight was almost 365 days ago, similar to GRJR average.

After winning a world title he fought
Mike Lee - ok
Feigunbutz - acceptable
Truax - ehh

I don't see fans forgiving him for taking 4th gimme fight consecutively as a world champion
I know but plant pre COVID was an active fighter vs Russell who has been having 1 fight a year for the last 6-7 years

While the Plant - Truax fight isn't all that inspiring of a match-up, I am looking forward to seeing the two unbeaten heavyweights, Michael Coffie & Darmani Rock go at it. It'll be interesting to see where they stack up against the other up & coming heavies. Rock had a more impressive amateur career but apparently, Coffie is good enough to hang with several of the top dogs like Deontay Wilder in sparring. So, hopefully, their respective skillsets will translate into it being a good fight.

Speaking of good heavyweight match-ups, I hope that the proposed Hrgovic - Bakole fight gets singed for April. That would be an excellent contest that would propel the winner into the top ten. I like the fact that these less established guys are willing to face one another now as a means of furthering their status in the division.

I think Hrgovic takes Bakole btw. I think he stops him in the latter half of the fight. Hrgovic will get his chin tested though as Bakole can punch.
Looking forward to the HW fight next week

Former two-division world champion Rances Barthelemy takes on All Rivera in a 10-round welterweight match headlining FS1 PBC Fight Night and on FOX Deportes this Saturday, January 30 from Shrine Auditorium and Expo Hall in Los Angeles.

The telecast begins at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT and features exciting light heavyweight prospect Atif Oberlton making his pro debut against Nathan Sharp in a four-round special feature and Brandyn Lynch taking on Mark Hernandez in an eight-round middleweight duel to open the telecast.

FS1 PBC Fight Night precedes the FOX PBC Fight Night broadcast that begins at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT and is headlined by IBF Super Middleweight Champion Caleb Plant defending his title against former champion Caleb Truax.

Back