Caldwell VS McKee

GangGangGang

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
How does this fight play out? I'm sure after the Horiguchi losses that Caldwell wasn't expected to get too far in this tournament but he's in the semi finals now. McKee may very well be one of if not the most underrated talents in the sport. He's young, undefeated and has a spectacular highlight reel. I'm quite torn on this fight. Caldwell can make it a boring grind to a 29-28 or 30-27 UD but I'm slightly favouring McKee to get a late finish. What's your prediction? I got McKee by sub in the 3rd.

When has Darrion Caldwell ever shown lack of confidence and believe in himself? The man is a former NCAA Wrestling National Champion and a former Bellator Bantamweight Champion, but somehow you believe he believed he wasn't expecting to make it far in the Bellator Featherweight Tournament.

I'm rooting for AJ, vut time and time again Caldwell has proved me wrong. I don't think Caldwell gets the sub on someone as experienced in the grappling realm as AJ. Either makes for a good fight with Pitbull, but I believe Pitbull takes either.

I thought this was the most interesting possible fight when the tournament was made.

I could honestly see either guy winning that fight.

I’m pulling for AJ but both are super talented and I could see either of them winning.

When has Darrion Caldwell ever shown lack of confidence and believe in himself? The man is a former NCAA Wrestling National Champion and a former Bellator Bantamweight Champion, but somehow you believe he believed he wasn't expecting to make it far in the Bellator Featherweight Tournament.
Not him. Us. He's a BW and had back to back losses to a flyweight. I'm a huge Caldwell fan but I didn't think he would make it this far.

I think Caldwell grinds him out. This is a massive step up in competition for AJ, the way he was on the bottom for decent periods of time against Campos worries me with Caldwell.

McKee has fought mostly older smaller guys who couldn’t compete with him athletically

I think Caldwell grinds him out. This is a massive step up in competition for AJ, the way he was on the bottom for decent periods of time against Campos worries me with Caldwell.
Did he actually get taken down once against Campos?

I have a high opinion of the talent and abilities of Darrion Caldwell. Despite a ridiculously low fight-IQ at times, and the fact that no matter how experienced he looks like a guy fresh off of his NCAA run, the man is an enormously gifted athlete and grappler. I also figured his losses to Guchi had a lot to do with a weight cut he needed to stop doing, and that he would do better once he moved back up to 45.

All of that said, I'm pretty confident AJ beats him. AJ is too good to get tapped or pounded out, too well-rounded to get outwrestled over the full five. If Caldwell wins, I think it's by decision, but I see him having a hard time over five rounds against somebody he can't totally neutralize.

How does this fight play out? I'm sure after the Horiguchi losses that Caldwell wasn't expected to get too far in this tournament but he's in the semi finals now. McKee may very well be one of if not the most underrated talents in the sport. He's young, undefeated and has a spectacular highlight reel. I'm quite torn on this fight. Caldwell can make it a boring grind to a 29-28 or 30-27 UD but I'm slightly favouring McKee to get a late finish. What's your prediction? I got McKee by sub in the 3rd.
The fight will be 5 rounds

Did he actually get taken down once against Campos?

I have a high opinion of the talent and abilities of Darrion Caldwell. Despite a ridiculously low fight-IQ at times, and the fact that no matter how experienced he looks like a guy fresh off of his NCAA run, the man is an enormously gifted athlete and grappler. I also figured his losses to Guchi had a lot to do with a weight cut he needed to stop doing, and that he would do better once he moved back up to 45.

All of that said, I'm pretty confident AJ beats him. AJ is too good to get tapped or pounded out, too well-rounded to get outwrestled over the full five. If Caldwell wins, I think it's by decision, but I see him having a hard time over five rounds against somebody he can't totally neutralize.

He was on the bottom for a while, but without re-watching the fight I can't remember whether it was a takedown or a sweep.

He was on the bottom for a while, but without re-watching the fight I can't remember whether it was a takedown or a sweep.
I don't think he actually got taken down. The round he spent on the bottom was when he shot in for a takedown, and pulled guard when Campos sprawled. I think it's worth noting he was winning from the bottom against Campos and Curran.

I don't think he actually got taken down. The round he spent on the bottom was when he shot in for a takedown, and pulled guard when Campos sprawled. I think it's worth noting he was winning from the bottom against Campos and Curran.

He won from the bottom against Campos, but up until that point I don't think he was and I don't see him catching Caldwell in that either.

I dunno, it's an interesting fight. I'd like AJ to win as I think he's a superb prospect but I think Darrion poses a lot of tough questions for him.

Really good fight between 2 guys that Bellator built.

Rooting for AJ.

That’s a great fight. One of the best FW in all of MMA right now. I got McKee

Well everyone should probably be hoping for a McKee vs pitbull final for the sake of depth

Bellator is going to fold any time now, and both those guys have the skills to get signed by the ufc, or they will get exposed in the coming months

Well everyone should probably be hoping for a McKee vs pitbull final for the sake of depth

Bellator is going to fold any time now, and both those guys have the skills to get signed by the ufc, or they will get exposed in the coming months
Lol Wtf you talking about? Bellator isn’t gonna fold anytime soon. Stop smoking crack

Back