Caldwell VS McKee

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by GangGangGang, Jan 26, 2020.

1. GangGangGang Purple Belt

How does this fight play out? I'm sure after the Horiguchi losses that Caldwell wasn't expected to get too far in this tournament but he's in the semi finals now. McKee may very well be one of if not the most underrated talents in the sport. He's young, undefeated and has a spectacular highlight reel. I'm quite torn on this fight. Caldwell can make it a boring grind to a 29-28 or 30-27 UD but I'm slightly favouring McKee to get a late finish. What's your prediction? I got McKee by sub in the 3rd.

2. RODNEY83 Purple Belt

When has Darrion Caldwell ever shown lack of confidence and believe in himself? The man is a former NCAA Wrestling National Champion and a former Bellator Bantamweight Champion, but somehow you believe he believed he wasn't expecting to make it far in the Bellator Featherweight Tournament.

3. SBC Purple Belt

I'm rooting for AJ, vut time and time again Caldwell has proved me wrong. I don't think Caldwell gets the sub on someone as experienced in the grappling realm as AJ. Either makes for a good fight with Pitbull, but I believe Pitbull takes either.

4. TheBrownRanger Brown Belt

I thought this was the most interesting possible fight when the tournament was made.

I could honestly see either guy winning that fight.

5. Zach The Maniac Professional Russian

I’m pulling for AJ but both are super talented and I could see either of them winning.

6. asdf122345 Red Belt

Caldwell is back!

7. GangGangGang Purple Belt

Not him. Us. He's a BW and had back to back losses to a flyweight. I'm a huge Caldwell fan but I didn't think he would make it this far.

8. Hellowhosthat Silver Belt

I think Caldwell grinds him out. This is a massive step up in competition for AJ, the way he was on the bottom for decent periods of time against Campos worries me with Caldwell.

9. lukeuidswords Black Belt

McKee has fought mostly older smaller guys who couldn’t compete with him athletically

10. Gmork Purple Belt

Did he actually get taken down once against Campos?

I have a high opinion of the talent and abilities of Darrion Caldwell. Despite a ridiculously low fight-IQ at times, and the fact that no matter how experienced he looks like a guy fresh off of his NCAA run, the man is an enormously gifted athlete and grappler. I also figured his losses to Guchi had a lot to do with a weight cut he needed to stop doing, and that he would do better once he moved back up to 45.

All of that said, I'm pretty confident AJ beats him. AJ is too good to get tapped or pounded out, too well-rounded to get outwrestled over the full five. If Caldwell wins, I think it's by decision, but I see him having a hard time over five rounds against somebody he can't totally neutralize.

11. Danespina Gold Belt

Horiguchi's one of the best flyweights/bantamweights I've ever seen. Wouldn't put too much weight on those losses.

12. lukeuidswords Black Belt

The fight will be 5 rounds

13. Hellowhosthat Silver Belt

He was on the bottom for a while, but without re-watching the fight I can't remember whether it was a takedown or a sweep.

14. Gmork Purple Belt

I don't think he actually got taken down. The round he spent on the bottom was when he shot in for a takedown, and pulled guard when Campos sprawled. I think it's worth noting he was winning from the bottom against Campos and Curran.

15. Hellowhosthat Silver Belt

He won from the bottom against Campos, but up until that point I don't think he was and I don't see him catching Caldwell in that either.

I dunno, it's an interesting fight. I'd like AJ to win as I think he's a superb prospect but I think Darrion poses a lot of tough questions for him.

16. SalvadorAllende Yellow Card Yellow Card

Really good fight between 2 guys that Bellator built.

Rooting for AJ.

17. TheSpider Brown Belt

That’s a great fight. One of the best FW in all of MMA right now. I got McKee

18. Well everyone should probably be hoping for a McKee vs pitbull final for the sake of depth

Bellator is going to fold any time now, and both those guys have the skills to get signed by the ufc, or they will get exposed in the coming months

19. GueseGuy Brown Belt

This will be 5 rounds

20. GueseGuy Brown Belt

Lol Wtf you talking about? Bellator isn’t gonna fold anytime soon. Stop smoking crack