Cain's performance was GSPesque

Cain's performance was very GSP like in that fight he dominated and controlled every aspect of the fight for 5 rounds but did not get the finish.

If it were a GSP fight he would be getting thrashed on this board for not finishing the fight.

I agree that the fight was very similar to recent GSP fights. GSP is my favorite fighter and I really don't like the wrap he gets. I do understand it though. If Cain had 5 or 6 fights in a row that went down just like this one, people would start to bitch about it being boring. The fact is that the vast majority of people who buy PPV's and ultimately keep this thing going, don't know shit about MMA.

fitch_after_gsp.jpg

11_St-Pierre_Koscheck15-800x533.jpg

Cain's teammates beg to differ

Lol... ol ol ol...

Ummmmm.......the performance may have been GSP esque like, but the finishes on his record tell a whole other story.

Nah.

Cain was much more exciting and he dropped JDS/hurt him.

Nah.

Cain was much more exciting and he dropped JDS/hurt him.

Begins to post pictures from every single GSP fight.... stops... realizes that it will make no difference because some fans prefer myths over facts and will refuse to accept reality.

Good point. Gsp's wrestling is much better and more dominating.

I disagree. I think gsp spends little time wrestling for the takedown as he hits it before the guy even knows he's wrestling, something Cain doesn't have as well but rather he ends up wrestling a bit more to get his opponent down, and does so very well for a heavyweight using a variety of techniques trips, throws and tackles. So id say gsp is more effective and efficient with his takedowns, where maybe you could say Cain is effectively rag-dolling the opposition, which maybe is his purpose to drag them into grueling wrestling matches with face smashing added to it. That's how I see his technique. But yeah, I really like gsp's signature playing his opponent like a yoyo and pulling him into his arms to basically do the double leg for him, along with other equally impressive takedowns, is as unbelievable as AS's striking.

I agree to a point...cain was really trying to finish and never stopped.I love both guys and their domination is similar but cain is waaaaaay more entertaining taking chances thrashing great fighters etc.

I disagree. I think gsp spends little time wrestling for the takedown as he hits it before the guy even knows he's wrestling, something Cain doesn't have as well but rather he ends up wrestling a bit more to get his opponent down, and does so very well for a heavyweight using a variety of techniques trips, throws and tackles. So id say gsp is more effective and efficient with his takedowns, where maybe you could say Cain is effectively rag-dolling the opposition, which maybe is his purpose to drag them into grueling wrestling matches with face smashing added to it. That's how I see his technique. But yeah, I really like gsp's signature playing his opponent like a yoyo and pulling him into his arms to basically do the double leg for him, along with other equally impressive takedowns, is as unbelievable as AS's striking.

Thank you for explaining your point.

Its happened to GSP more times in a row I think.

Gtfo of here Cain did big damage to JDS GSP usually does the wet blanket thing where Cain tries to gnp a tko out

Cain's performance was very GSP like in that fight he dominated and controlled every aspect of the fight for 5 rounds but did not get the finish.

If it were a GSP fight he would be getting thrashed on this board for not finishing the fight.

If he repeats that performance 6 more times, he probably will get trashed like GSP.

Most people thought he was going to get knocked out. He outperformed expectations so thats why there is no outrage (from anyone who is not a JDS nuthugger..they are plenty outraged)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back