Cain vs Kongo

luispavao

White Belt
Reaction score
Cain vs Kongo just passed on Combate (brazilian television). His wrestling is just beautiful. Here in Brasil we dot have no tradition in wrestling, in the gym that I training boxing they have westreling class, but the schedule is terrible . As a Brazilian I am fascinate by wrestling seeing guys like he and Chael Sonnen fighting. Too bad that the gym

Just get some crazy awesome BJJ and you will be fine.

Does height matter?? (total noob)

I wrestled in junior high and high school, but always defensively because of my height. I didn't feel comfortable shooting below someones guard, as I was always above it. I fell in love with Judo and greco-roman style wrestling though later in life training in MMA gyms, as it involved body-locks and foot sweeps. You see a lot more of the takedowns I like in Pride.

I wrestled in junior high and high school, but always defensively because of my height. I didn't feel comfortable shooting below someones guard, as I was always above it. I fell in love with Judo and greco-roman style wrestling though later in life training in MMA gyms, as it involved body-locks and foot sweeps. You see a lot more of the takedowns I like in Pride.

You tried to translated your wrestling to MMA?

I feel really uncomfortable shooting on someone. I just have to get way to low for my liking. I feel like im asking to get kneed.

You may get more in depth answers in the ask the fighters forum, as many actual fighters discuss on that forum and are happy to help.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f8/

I remember doing BJJ it always frustrated me how they never taught any types of take downs so I guess I'm on the reverse end. Have you tried Judo?

*so I guess I know that feeling.

dang double yellows wont let me edit.

You tried to translated your wrestling to MMA?

I did translate my wrestling to MMA, just in a different way than I thought. Instead of double and single-leg takedowns I like trips, body-locks, and throws. But it just depends on your body and personality...some people do great with college style wrestling. Just have to find what works for you (be water, my friend).

Back