Cain Velasquez says he was unprepared in first fight but prepared now

joeaust

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If you lose you just lose. I'm tired of the excuses. He hurt his knee, he didn't hurt his knee, he didn't train hard enough, he was coming off of a long layoff. How about he just got knocked out by a guy with big power. It happens.

link - http://sportv.globo.com/site/eventos/combate/noticia/2012/12/velasquez-nao-lutei-contra-cigano-na-primeira-vez-agora-sera-diferente.html[/URL]

Last edited:
excuses, excuses.
cain is going full brazilian now

really tho. im not buying his bullshit. he stood in front of a very powerful striker for too long and paid for it.....no amount of training will change that silly gameplan

Well, he did hurt his shoulder pretty bad in the Lesnar fight, that was a long rehab. Then hurt his knee right before. Seeing how he got tagged repeatedly in the Kongo fight for being aggressive, I don't know if this will be a good strategy for him.

Cain did the exact same thing he does in most of his fights. Goes forward striking until he starts getting hit then looks for takedowns. JDS just cracked him and didn't give him a chance to recover from it like Kongo did.

Is there anything else he hasn't claimed was the reason for his performance?

JDS had such a bad knee injury. He jumped down and did this with a big smile on his face like his knee never hurt at all.

junior_dos_santos_fox.jpg

JDS had such a bad knee injury. He jumped down and did this with a big smile on his face like his knee never hurt at all.

Pretty sure people with bad knees wouldn't get up after that. Maybe he hurt it during celebration? lol

You think he cared about his knee at the time?

So, let me get this straight, Cain and the boyz @ AKA didn't train on how to stop punches to the side of the head? C'MON mane! He needs to bring in Vitor to help him out.

If you lose you just lose. I'm tired of the excuses. He hurt his knee, he didn't hurt his knee, he didn't train hard enough, he was coming off of a long layoff. How about he just got knocked out by a guy with big power. It happens.

link - Cain Velasquez claims he was unprepared in first fight against Junior dos Santos

sounds like Cain is going the way of the Diaz Brothers, Bisping, Page, Penn, & a long list of whiners who can't lose with grace....nothing new here!:rolleyes:

419462039e6c0e52c639a94a4db17847_XL_large_medium.jpg

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/12/7/2617784/cigano-camp-junior-dos-santos-knee-surgery-a-success

And Cain's ACL was so torn he was only able to throw 5 leg kicks and shoot for a takedown in under a minute.

I only posted it and said it like that because people completely ignore the fact Cain had an injury and act like Junior's injury was the craziest shit that ever happened in the world. Junior had a injured knee, Cain did as well, his shoulder just had surgery, Cain had to take a cortisone shot to even compete and he had to get his left elbow scraped down after the fight.

Cain was in terrible shape in that fight, much worse shape than Junior due to injuries. But hey, I ain't mad with whoever wins. Just wanna see both at 100%, and I hope that Overeem never gets that belt.

EDIT: Junior looks so sad there lol.

really tho. im not buying his bullshit. he stood in front of a very powerful striker for too long and paid for it.....no amount of training will change that silly gameplan

This............. He's prepared to get K.T.F.O. again. Just my .02

Back