Cain Velasquez JuJitsu Brownbelt in Guerilla

I don't think pulling guard would be smart for Cain, he's gotta get on top and throw a lot of leg kicks when they are on their feet, if Cain pulls guard I think JDS could tko him or just get up

I agree. Cain would never pull guard because he is good from the top. Its like fitch pulling guard. My thinking is Cain's gas tank > JDS gas tank. Unlike Mir who got tired after the first attempt ,if Cain keeps going for them at his insane pace hell start getting them.

I agree. Cain would never pull guard because he is good from the top. Its like fitch pulling guard. My thinking is Cain's gas tank > JDS gas tank. Unlike Mir who got tired after the first attempt ,if Cain keeps going for them at his insane pace hell start getting them.

Cains gas tank won't help him when he's unconscious

Cain has said in several interviews that he doesnt like to use jiujitsu he prefers ground and pound and it will always be that way.

Na, I think JDS is in Cains head, esp. with the media constantly pounding in reminders of the first bout.

He won't take JDS down. I'd like to see JDS stuff it and reverse it, and get a glimpse of some JDS ground and pound. I imagine it being deadly.

JDS Bb is still unproven. I haven't seen much bjj from Velasquez other than top control, sub defense, and relentless GNP. I see that he likes those in between positions more than establishing side mount and going for subs while holding them down. JDS seems impossible to keep down as well so I'm expecting a rothwell type GNP whenever Cain does manage to get him off his feet.

Cain, like Couture, feels really comfortable in top half-guard.

Back