News Cain Velasquez: "Jon Jones is the greatest ever, the greatest ever that you’re ever gonna see"

Everyone who knows anything knows Jones is the best we’ve ever seen.

Only nerds who never competed have some kind of differing opinion.

The only argument is “but steroids” and all the pros know what’s up with that.
the steroids thing is an argument, i guess, because there are at least some clean fighters. but i doubt there are very many. as a doper, jones is in good company.

How is he betraying DC when he beat DC twice pretty handily?

Nobody has ever beaten the quality of competition Jon has at the finish rate and dominating manner in which he did it. The closest thing to Rua-Jackson-Machida-Evans-Belfort-Sonnen-Gus-Glover-DC-OSP-DC-Gus with 7 finishes is Weidman's Maia-Munoz-Silva-Silva-Machida-Belfort with 4 finishes, imo.

steroids

I'm sure DC is crying right now. Because he is always says unrealistic things about his friends but Cain didn't do the same about him lol

It's just common sense. The only other answer I will even other hear is GSP.

Saying someone is the best we'll ever see puts the comments in quite a dumb light. Unless the sport goes away it will keep progressing.

Jones biggest hold on greatness is that he's the record holder in cheating in the UFC. Those that cry about such statements only have hypotheticals to come back with, which are as useless as MMAth.

Prime Fedor, Crocop, Verdum or Dos Santos absolutely murders any version of John Jones and it's not even close.

GOATS don't cheat. Don't run from the heaviest hitters. Don't fight smaller opponents their whole career, like cheater Jones.

Saying someone is the best we'll ever see puts the comments in quite a dumb light. Unless the sport goes away it will keep progressing.
i think cain is accounting for that. he’s saying the best we’ll see in our lifetime, not best ever. i tend to agree.

Wonder if Khabib feels betrayed by his AKA brethren
How many title defenses does khabib have ? I think it’s one more then Tim Sylvia and stipe? Huge accomplishment

Prime Fedor, Crocop, Verdum or Dos Santos absolutely murders any version of John Jones and it's not even close.

GOATS don't cheat. Don't run from the heaviest hitters. Don't fight smaller opponents their whole career, like cheater Jones.
I hope this is a troll post

jds https://www.fightful.com/mma/junior-dos-santos-claims-be-victim-usada-drug-testing?amp

cro cop https://www.sportsjoe.ie/amp/mma/us...suspended-despite-not-failing-drug-test-58700
Also fought in pride where they wore ear pieces and encouraged steroids

werdum https://syndication.bleacherreport....r-positive-test-for-banned-substance.amp.html

Huge fedor fan but he also fought in pride with ear pieces and encouraged steroids .
He is also Russian and friends with Putin so I can’t doubt that they had state sponsored doping.

Cain is just trying to make as many friends as possible so they will visit him, put money on his books, and send him care packages when he is doing time. Jon will put a lot of money on his books and bring in barbeque ribs when he visits.

umm. Werdum and CroCop were busted for roids after they entered sanctioned fights with drug testing.

and Fedor, come, the, f*ck, on.

Smaller opponents? Like 2 weight classes down and 41 years old?

upload_2023-10-12_9-50-59.png

yeeeeah.

I think Chael Sonnen, Vitor etc. falls into the maximum steroid abuse category, literally.

I think if Jones is doing coke off strippers tits and drinking Henny the night of a fight, hes not going to be as diligent, smart and clearly not as disciplined as world class fighters who were competing in the Olympics or at an elite level in D1
Vitor had the TRT exemption and didn't look the same after it, so that's a different category.

Sonnen seems to have publicly admitted he was "full of tropicana" for some fights, as he put it. I still think Chael's words can't always be trusted. The same as Tito Ortiz claiming to have rehydrated to 245 pounds before a fight, only to be holding weights while on the scale. I'm sure Sonnen used steroids, but as much as Jon Jones? I doubt it.

Sounds like DC not visiting enough when he was in jail.

Jon is pretty clearly the best ever. The fights he struggled with are to guys he wasn't taking seriously. When he faced a real threat like DC or Gane, he showed up big time. Even against guys he took lightly, he'd always close strong and steal victory from the jaws of defeat. I'm not even particularly a fan of his but he's the best to ever do it. And the gap between him and number 2 is greater than the gap between the number 2 guy and the number 10 guy
Nah

Vitor had the TRT exemption and didn't look the same after it, so that's a different category.

Sonnen seems to have publicly admitted he was "full of tropicana" for some fights, as he put it. I still think Chael's words can't always be trusted. The same as Tito Ortiz claiming to have rehydrated to 245 pounds before a fight, only to be holding weights while on the scale. I'm sure Sonnen used steroids, but as much as Jon Jones? I doubt it.
Chael is very open and candid about his steroid usage in MMA now on his many podcasts, not to mentioned he was suspended at least twice.

And Vitor has been on the gear since his teens.
Since the days of having no known weaknesses

upload_2023-10-12_17-22-12.png

F*ck TRT

Back