Cain Velasquez Admits He Purposely 'Slowed Down' vs. JDS

JohnMang

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
It was hard, you know? I know I hit him with a good shot. When we were down, it was hard. I really wanted to keep a lot of weight on him and keep him down, but also throw a lot of power in my punches. I couldn't get the amount of power I wanted to knock him out on the ground, it's very hard to do that. So, I tried to be smart, so once he recovered, I kind of slowed it down a bit and tried to take it back down.

A lot of people were like, "Take him down, take him down." It's not like that. If your opponent knows you're going to take him down right off the bat, then of course he's going to defend it. But if you throw stuff up top, throw punches and then got to the takedown, it's a set-up. It makes it so much easier for you.

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jVvtsutoys

Jesus admits he is son of god

I'm interested to see how the third fight goes

That makes more sense. Very stupid not to go for the RNC or other subs when JDS has proven to have one punch KO power. Why give him the chance?

That makes more sense. Very stupid not to go for the RNC or other subs when JDS has proven to have one punch KO power. Why give him the chance?

Why give JDS the chance to reverse him during the sub attempt and risk losing his dominant position when he was doing just fine beating him up from the top?

Yes, it seemed like there were times when Cain could have got a sub but opted to beat on JDS a little more. Either way, it was an impressive win for Cain.

Crock of bs saying he slowed it down... It was clear he gassed, and has a limited ground game.

Everyone at once was thinking RNC multiple times when JDS was on all fours.

Crock of bs saying he slowed it down... It was clear he gassed, and has a limited ground game.

Honestly the only time I could tell Cain was gassed was when he fell on his back at the very end of the fifth round
Also I dont think hes saying he slowed down for the fuck of it but because he knew he was gassing so he played it smart

Last edited:

Everyone was also thinking "Damn Cain is whooping that ass".

m

think b4 you speak. make it your new years resolution.

It was hard, you know? I know I hit him with a good shot. When we were down, it was hard. I really wanted to keep a lot of weight on him and keep him down, but also throw a lot of power in my punches. I couldn't get the amount of power I wanted to knock him out on the ground, it's very hard to do that. So, I tried to be smart, so once he recovered, I kind of slowed it down a bit and tried to take it back down.

A lot of people were like, "Take him down, take him down." It's not like that. If your opponent knows you're going to take him down right off the bat, then of course he's going to defend it. But if you throw stuff up top, throw punches and then got to the takedown, it's a set-up. It makes it so much easier for you.

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jVvtsutoys

That's a load of heaping BS larger than cain's fat content.

He seems to be saying that he stuck to his plan knowing what'd occur.

I don't think any fighter EVER wants to "prolong" it to "punish" what is this some kind of low budget downgraded Kung Fu movie?

Is this Enter The Dragon where they gave thumbs up for Bolo to protract the mayhem?

cain did what he wanted and if says what he says then its true

Unlike many people, I don't think he really gassed.

He still had his hands high, was pacing good, and seemed to still be breathing through his nose.

Definitely tired some but didn't gas.

I just said this because I remember many people saying they both looked gassed in the pbp thread.

For everyone talking shit about cain cardio lets see you land that many punches and takedowns and not be tired.

I must say, there are some pretty stupid comments in this thread. Let me guess, none of you have ever been in a fight or trained a day in your lives for that matter? Trying to discredit a HW for being tired after a 25 minute fight is laughable, and just because he had a good position for a sub in a fight doesn't automatically mean he's definitely going to get it if he goes for it. Cain most probably knew JDS had the superior BJJ game and didn't want to get reversed or swept going for a sub and end up losing the fight due to that when he's already completely dominating.

Jesus admits he is son of god

Thanks for your input! :rolleyes:

Why give JDS the chance to reverse him during the sub attempt and risk losing his dominant position when he was doing just fine beating him up from the top?

This.

Honestly the only time I could tell Cain was gassed was when he fell on his back at the very end of the fifth round
Also I dont think hes saying he slowed down for the fuck of it but because he knew he was gassing so he played it smart

I agree.

That's a load of heaping BS larger than cain's fat content.

He seems to be saying that he stuck to his plan knowing what'd occur.

I don't think any fighter EVER wants to "prolong" it to "punish" what is this some kind of low budget downgraded Kung Fu movie?

Is this Enter The Dragon where they gave thumbs up for Bolo to protract the mayhem?

Fat content? Don't be mad Junior lost brooooooooooo. :redface:
Yes we Cain, Yes we Cain!
But anyways, let him be. He won anyways and in a dominant fashion. :D

Cain doesn't need to make excuses. They were both in zombie mode for 20+ minutes. Cain never once let JDS recover after putting him on queer street. It was amazing Cain was able to fight through nearly complete exhaustion so well. Same goes for the heart of JDS.

I must say, there are some pretty stupid comments in this thread. Let me guess, none of you have ever been in a fight or trained a day in your lives for that matter? Trying to discredit a HW for being tired after a 25 minute fight is laughable, and just because he had a good position for a sub in a fight doesn't automatically mean he's definitely going to get it if he goes for it. Cain most probably knew JDS had the superior BJJ game and didn't want to get reversed or swept going for a sub and end up losing the fight due to that when he's already completely dominating.

This

Back