cain is not a long-lasting champion

Cain has already been champ longer than U ever will be....so I don't consider your in- depth analysis as a matter to ponder or discuss. /end thread!

Since we're not elite prize fighters, we might as well not even discuss MMA, right?

Cain's chin is fine. And his style is fine too. He's been knocked out once by the biggest puncher in the UFC. The only other time he's been in anything like trouble was against Kongo, and that was like 5 years ago. Not to mention he recovered from those punches really well and showed tons of heart.

People are always just fumbling for reasons to hate the champions. Waah Cain has no Chin, Jones only wins cause he's big, Anderson can't stop a takedown, Weidman's win was a fluke, GSP is boring and has no chin, Benson is boring, Pettis lost to Guida and can be lay and prayed, Aldo has lost his killer instinct, Cruz is boring, Mighty Mouse is too small. Yada yada... Bunch of fucking fatties on here acting like they've got these professional cage fighters all figured out haha.

Good read - U broke it down to what it is.....a bunch of wannabees' trying to sound knowledgeable about shit they will never understand....or experience!

HW is the hardest division to hold the title in. If Cain just spams takedowns and GNP he won't lose for a long time. If he mixes it up in the pocket, anybody in the top 10 could KO him if they land flush. He just has such an advantage in the wrestling/grappling that he could hold the belt for a long time if he fights smart. I'd love to see him vs Werdum just to see how he'd approach that fight. He would probably box him up and wear him out in the clinch.

Since we're not elite prize fighters, we might as well not even discuss MMA, right?

This is not an MMA discussion....it is a Sherdogger trying to judge a championship fighter by his own standards & beliefs of what he personally feels a fighter should be...No Sherdogger is qualified to do this as they do NOT (and this includes you & I) possess the knowledge or skillset to do this! So backoff fanboy....Don't pretend that you know how long any MMA fighter is capable of holding the championship...because you have no fukin' idea!

This is not an MMA discussion....it is a Sherdogger trying to judge a championship fighter by his own standards & beliefs of what he personally feels a fighter should be...No Sherdogger is qualified to do this as they do NOT (and this includes you & I) possess the knowledge or skillset to do this! So backoff fanboy....Don't pretend that you know how long any MMA fighter is capable of holding the championship...because you have no fukin' idea!

He was making a similar stylistic comparison between Joe Frazier and other pressure fighters in boxing to Cain Velasquez. From this, TS hypothesized that maybe Cain won't have great longevity because of the nature of his style. I don't agree, but it is an interesting comparison. I'm assuming we're all on here to discuss MMA and that's what he's doing. You're incredibly sensitive.

No UFC HW champion rules for that long.

He has one more title defense before he looses the belt.

no one in the HW divison can beeat JDS or cain except each other, so they will beat the fuck out of everyone else, whoever wins the third fight will be champion for a longtime

Cains chin is not really weak. The real factor of danger is that the heavyweights all have tremendous power and knockouts are very common.

Theoretically someone with the best wrestling game, like Cain, could avoid being knocked out standing by taking every fight to the mat. Not many heavyweight fighters will even be able to exploit his "weak chin".

Jds is his biggest threat. If he gets past him again and in dominant fashion, he will be champ for a long time.

Cain's chin is fine. And his style is fine too. He's been knocked out once by the biggest puncher in the UFC. The only other time he's been in anything like trouble was against Kongo, and that was like 5 years ago. Not to mention he recovered from those punches really well and showed tons of heart.

People are always just fumbling for reasons to hate the champions. Waah Cain has no Chin, Jones only wins cause he's big, Anderson can't stop a takedown, Weidman's win was a fluke, GSP is boring and has no chin, Benson is boring, Pettis lost to Guida and can be lay and prayed, Aldo has lost his killer instinct, Cruz is boring, Mighty Mouse is too small. Yada yada... Bunch of fucking fatties on here acting like they've got these professional cage fighters all figured out haha.

I don't even know why these guys post on here. They should be coaching the best in the world since they have it all figured out.

wtf?

Discussing a topic is not pretending you have all the answers.

For instance we can all discuss how long we think a champ will keep their belt despite the fact no one has any fuckin idea.

Joe Frazier was a pro for 11 years and was also blind in one eye. He was also very small heavyweight. Your comparison is silly TS.

Damn man relax , take some deep breaths , thit shit aint worthy of that kind of emotions ...... LOLZ

HW is very thing, outside of JDS,maybe Barnett and Werdum there's no real challenger

Not true at all, JDS landed the exact same punch on Mark Hunt and sent him flying across the ring and he was still in the fight. Nelson and Carwin also took horrifying beatings from him and still never quit. Cain takes 1 shot and he's completely done.

You obviously know not what you're talking about. Cain has taken huge shots from other fighters most notably in the Kongo fight and hasn't wilted. And comparing Hunt to anyone human isn't the smartest thing I've seen written here on these boards either. Hunt is not of this planet.

It just depends on who he fights. He should stick to pillow fist guys and he'll be okay.

People overanalyze Cain vs JDS way too much.

They can gameplan, train, and strategize all they want.
The first guy to take a solid punch will most likely lose the fight.

And if Cain punched any of you guys in the chin, then followed up with 5 hard GNP shots, even my grandma would be able to dominate you for the next 25 minutes.

Back