cain boxing dvd

the jits and wrestling guys all show their bread and butter techniques. Traps, set ups, details, and options. I’d love for the strikers to do the same
i guess they feel guys suck and arnt good enough to really get certain things it is true average person who trains is better with grappling than striking n a technical level who practice mma

Yeah - it's like Floyd would never have been able to do any of that if he did not have strong fundamentals - problems is most people don't want to invest time in learning them - why, when, where, etc. They want to do flashy combinations on the pads while having no sense of timing, distance, footwork etc.

Funny how good foot work, especially in mma, is cruz, dillashaw and that stuff is pretty much garbage. Lomachemko would not have his style if he did not have Strong Fundamentals.

i dont consider cruz to have good footwork i consider him to be a great athlete with great reflexes cody beat him with basics in their fight cruzes random herky jerky movements didnt help him a lot of people dont really understand footwork they see someone moving around as footwork

its quite boring i admit doing rounds and rounds of drills to become more fluid but its necessary if you wana be light and well balanced

Yeah - it's like Floyd would never have been able to do any of that if he did not have strong fundamentals - problems is most people don't want to invest time in learning them - why, when, where, etc. They want to do flashy combinations on the pads while having no sense of timing, distance, footwork etc.

Funny how good foot work, especially in mma, is cruz, dillashaw and that stuff is pretty much garbage. Lomachemko would not have his style if he did not have Strong Fundamentals.

Boxing gyms in the West no longer teach the basics?
Like that:

Bag, mitts and sparring for newbi from the day one? A pity, to say the least.

i guess they feel guys suck and arnt good enough to really get certain things it is true average person who trains is better with grappling than striking n a technical level who practice mma
i think competitive grapplers aren’t as worried about people knowing their tricks as strikers are

I think Cain improved his striking a lot in a short space of time.

He went from looking like a novice wrestler against Cheick Kongo to knocking out big nog with a lightning fast combo, I can’t remember how long the gap between those performances was but it didn’t seem long.

I think Cain improved his striking a lot in a short space of time.

He went from looking like a novice wrestler against Cheick Kongo to knocking out big nog with a lightning fast combo, I can’t remember how long the gap between those performances was but it didn’t seem long.

improving your striking as a mma hw fighter isnt good enough to putout a dvd on punching tbh theirs over a thousand amateur hws in the country now who have better hands than cain

Boxing gyms in the West no longer teach the basics?
Like that:

Bag, mitts and sparring for newbi from the day one? A pity, to say the least.

depend son the gym tbh theirs much more gyms today due to mma and kick boxing so youll let trainers who arnt that great coming in who dont really have business coaching

depend son the gym tbh theirs much more gyms today due to mma and kick boxing so youll let trainers who arnt that great coming in who dont really have business coaching

The main thing I'm interested in with Cain is what he did to develop his athleticism, because in that regard I think he was very successful even if he looked like a tub of lard.

That said, I think competitive experience can get over rated. In terms of Cain though I think in general he's probably more likely to get over rated than under rated because of his status as former UFC heavyweight champion and pound for pound top 10.

This guy asked the top 10 tennis player's to describe what they did when they hit a top spin forehand. Not only did they not say the text book technique. They didn't describe what they actually did themselves.

From the article - "Just because a player excels at striking the ball does not mean they know how that strike took place"

Adrenaline is a big thing, so is the subconscious.

https://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/29/sports/playmagazine/vic-bradens-mental-mojo-experience.html

http://www.tennisviewmag.com/tennis-view-magazine/article/myths-tennis-forehand-contact-point

The main thing I'm interested in with Cain is what he did to develop his athleticism, because in that regard I think he was very successful even if he looked like a tub of lard.

That said, I think competitive experience can get over rated. In terms of Cain though I think in general he's probably more likely to get over rated than under rated because of his status as former UFC heavyweight champion and pound for pound top 10.

This guy asked the top 10 tennis player's to describe what they did when they hit a top spin forehand. Not only did they not say the text book technique. They didn't describe what they actually did themselves.

From the article - "Just because a player excels at striking the ball does not mean they know how that strike took place"

Adrenaline is a big thing, so is the subconscious.

https://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/29/sports/playmagazine/vic-bradens-mental-mojo-experience.html

http://www.tennisviewmag.com/tennis-view-magazine/article/myths-tennis-forehand-contact-point

being able to not have a normal job and having some of best coaches on the planet workign with him personally t get him ready has a lot t do with it thats something average person doesnt have

So, to give a proper answer. Cain is more than qualified to teach you power punching and jab principles. The guy is a UFC calibre fighter and he had KO power, and even if his boxing is messy, that doesn't mean he can't demonstrate clean technique outside of a fight. Duane Ludwig didn't fight remotely similar to what he coaches people in.

Uh, no. Not in a world where there are literally thousands upon thousands of dudes who have been in the boxing game as high level domestic and international amateurs, journeyman pros, and trainers, all of whom are more credentialed and qualified to teach boxing than Cain.

And Cain teaching someone to jab? He had a jab? When?

Uh, no. Not in a world where there are literally thousands upon thousands of dudes who have been in the boxing game as high level domestic and international amateurs, journeyman pros, and trainers, all of whom are more credentialed and qualified to teach boxing than Cain.

And Cain teaching someone to jab? He had a jab? When?

Yes he is qualified. Just because there are more qualified people doesn't me he is not qualified.

Cain whether Cain jabs frequently or not in a fight is irrelevant to whether he can teach YOU how to do it. I never saw Cro Cop perform an americana, does that mean he doesn't know how to do it after decades of fighting? Don't be ridiculous.

Back