cain boxing dvd

Nope,
But I have my eye on the Skarbowsky instructional. I already purchased the Cuban Boxing Fundamentals instructional.

Like you said - it should be something along the lines of using strikes to set up takedowns and G-n-P. Cain is the last guy I'd want to learn stand up from - well maybe him and spacetime.

Nope,
But I have my eye on the Skarbowsky instructional. I already purchased the Cuban Boxing Fundamentals instructional.

Like you said - it should be something along the lines of using strikes to set up takedowns and G-n-P. Cain is the last guy I'd want to learn stand up from - well maybe him and spacetime.

Spacetime DVD would be 1 hour of 3 second clips

In jeans and sneakers

Spacetime DVD would be 1 hour of 3 second clips

In jeans and sneakers
And him staring down the camera while he does his 3 second clips.

*and longwinded rants about how so and so professional fighter is doing it wrong.

So, to give a proper answer. Cain is more than qualified to teach you power punching and jab principles. The guy is a UFC calibre fighter and he had KO power, and even if his boxing is messy, that doesn't mean he can't demonstrate clean technique outside of a fight. Duane Ludwig didn't fight remotely similar to what he coaches people in.

Lol @ the prices of those videos

I see a bunch of dudes stuck in the 90's

They'd be better served getting a (properly ran) YouTube channel going
There's obviously a market for it, because otherwise they wouldn't still be selling them. Especially when it comes to BJJ where you want your content behind a paywall if you're a Danaher type.

They have a Teddy Atlas instructional.

Might pull the trigger on it.

Skarbowsky has a 2nd video up as well - intermediate.

I liked the clip I saw of striking for mma by Diabate.

They have a Teddy Atlas instructional.

Might pull the trigger on it.

Don't you think Atlas is a bit... over-rated? Watched some of his live instructionals on russian boxing team from 90s, he's a legend OK, but as a coach... well, I've seen better guys for free on YT.

Last edited:
Don't you think Atlas is a bit... over-rated? Watched some of his live instructionals on russian boxing team from 90s, he's a legend OK, but as a coach... well, I've seen better guys for free on YT.

He teachers good fundamentals and the why's of each technique. What exactly is better? Flashy combinations on pads?

Flashy combinations on pads?

Leave that to Mayweathers family, bruh. Never understood all that fancy shit.

And solid basics are like:

Not that half-baked shit Atlas got, sneaking on Constantino d'Amato before being kicked off.

I feel that BJJ Fanatics are jumping the shark with all the content they are putting up, specially with the price they are charging.

When they first started the instructionals were jam packed with content, it was a worthy purchase...nowadays they are releasing nearly ten instructionals per week and they are getting poorer in quality. I've got the one of Henri Hooft and Thiago Alves and for the price they charge for them, it is a little bit of two hours (both instructionals COMBINED) and pretty basic between them.

I imagine that the Cain one will be 45 minutes of him standing near a Heavy Bag, explaining how to do the technique and punching it, and that's it…and I won't be surprised if it is like that TBH

Hey so half way through the video does he switch to pro wrestling striking and do that thing where they stomp the floor when they slap?

That's fcuking hilarious. LMAO.

i find it criminal that guys can release a fucking dvd just showing a jab cross hook uppercut lmao most people alreayd know the fundamentals we wana see how you like to defend and counters certain principles you like to apply when fighting

teddy atlas just did a dvd too but looks like its gonna be pretty much the same

next well get a ben askren dvd on boxing for mma

p
He teachers good fundamentals and the why's of each technique. What exactly is better? Flashy combinations on pads?
people think good boxing is to look away from the pads and throwing behind the back arm punches ect

Leave that to Mayweathers family, bruh. Never understood all that fancy shit.

And solid basics are like:

Not that half-baked shit Atlas got, sneaking on Constantino d'Amato before being kicked off.

i thought weldon looked a bit goofy with his movement not big fan on the way he throw his punches form but his theory and defense is spot on

i find it criminal that guys can release a fucking dvd just showing a jab cross hook uppercut lmao most people alreayd know the fundamentals we wana see how you like to defend and counters certain principles you like to apply when fighting

teddy atlas just did a dvd too but looks like its gonna be pretty much the same

next well get a ben askren dvd on boxing for mma
the jits and wrestling guys all show their bread and butter techniques. Traps, set ups, details, and options. I’d love for the strikers to do the same

p

people think good boxing is to look away from the pads and throwing behind the back arm punches ect
Yeah - it's like Floyd would never have been able to do any of that if he did not have strong fundamentals - problems is most people don't want to invest time in learning them - why, when, where, etc. They want to do flashy combinations on the pads while having no sense of timing, distance, footwork etc.

Funny how good foot work, especially in mma, is cruz, dillashaw and that stuff is pretty much garbage. Lomachemko would not have his style if he did not have Strong Fundamentals.

Back