Buffalo Bills head coach Rex Ryan compares Ronda Rousey to Mike Tyson

Your post was generally good, but you may not understand why resorting to this kind of vernacular lowers it in the eyes of adults.

Just stick to the point and rely on the strength of your argument to drive the message home. It'll have the desired effect.

Woa, so u want me to be nice?? to these hating sherbros thats speak like if Ronda just took their lollipop.

Im usually nice and try to be respectful, but i am very competitive and i aim to win.

The way i see it, respect needs to be mutual. I am a ruthless MOFO, when necessary, if Mr. Hyde comes out and play and i will spare no sherbro.

Have u seen the UFC post fight press conference comments on YouTube? I wouldnt be surprised if all of them where from sherdog :)

When there is peace and respect in sherbro land i will do the same.

Woa, so u want me to be nice?? to these hating sherbros thats speak like if Ronda just took their lollipop.

Im usually nice and try to be respectful, but i am very competitive and i aim to win.

The way i see it, respect needs to be mutual. I am a ruthless MOFO, when necessary, if Mr. Hyde comes out and play and i will spare no sherbro.

Have u seen the UFC post fight press conference comments on YouTube? I wouldnt be surprised if all of them where from sherdog :)

When there is peace and respect in sherbro land i will do the same.

No, it's more that I suggested you respect yourself ;)

There's a lot of ridiculous things being said, I prefer to let others be the ones saying them.

Truthfully, as a boxing guy, Ronda's level of competition is higher than young Tyson's was

(and no her's is not good)

Comparing Ronda to Tyson indirectly implies things about Ronda that simply are not true. Such as the idea that she's facing opposition that matters.

It's only fair to predominantly judge Ronda in the context of her peers.

It's a good thing that the level of competition will improve over time, and we should welcome this. We should also welcome the exposure she's brought to the sport - she's helping the sport become mainstream and not produce a knee-jerk response.

Did I say there was?

"Such as the idea that she's facing opposition that matters"

So where is this opposition that matters?

Last time i checked all the best BW in the world fight in the UFC. Unless theres another country that has a BW division that ive never heard of?

Or maybe u can elaborate on this "opposition that matters".

Ha ha ha.

Bowerman is the same dude who -- in another thread -- said there were "hundreds" of other women worldwide who compete in deeper talent pools than Ronda and who are therefore better than Ronda and more deserving of Ronda's success.

WHO are these women again, Bowerman?

What sports? How are they not getting attention if they are as great as you say?

When will you be banned? Are you the new 99Silva??

Any track event at the olympics, any swimming event in the olympics

Last edited:
No, it's more that I suggested you respect yourself ;)

There's a lot of ridiculous things being said, I prefer to let others be the ones saying them.

I respect my self and im super confident.

I would do the same as u, but i kinda enjoy shutting down all these salty haters. I get a kick out of it, so far im like 34-0 against the Ronda haters.

U gota bring common sense with facts and they usually dont reply and leave, cause they know they lost. It feel its like a game and i always aim to win, maybe one day a smart sherbro will step up, u never know ;)

Truthfully, as a boxing guy, Ronda's level of competition is higher than young Tyson's was

(and no her's is not good)

Oh, but please do tell where i can find better competition for Ronda right now? so she can face far better accomplished athletes/fighters

It's a good thing that the level of competition will improve over time, and we should welcome this. We should also welcome the exposure she's brought to the sport - she's helping the sport become mainstream and not produce a knee-jerk response.

"It's only fair to predominantly judge Ronda in the context of her peers"

Exactly, u is a clever dude...👍👍👍

Predominantly, in this context, = a bit of a weasel word.
Do we judge her in the context of her opposition, or by their quality?

You're taking it as a given that the competition will increase over time.
WMMA didn't just spring into existence with the arrival of Ronda, and unlike early MMA, woman's MMA had a history (albeit a brief one) of training practices to draw upon. Even with this being the case, we're still seeing fighters who look like amateurs in the cage.
What if the current WBW is as good as it's ever going to get?

And that's a part of the problem with the comparison too.
Tyson stepped up from fighting amateurs to fighting pros, as do most professionals.
Competition-wise, Ronda took a step backwards when she dropped out of judo to pursue MMA. Whatever her reasons, Ronda pursued weaker competition by changing sports, something I don't think Tyson ever did.

As for gaining MMA exposure. Fans that tune in for Ronda, tune in for 1 minute thrashings in which a world-class competitor stomps on girls that have no business competing on a professional level. It's gimmicky, and while I am a fan of freak-show fights, I don't exactly want to see them becoming representative of MMA as a whole.

"Such as the idea that she's facing opposition that matters"

So where is this opposition that matters?

Last time i checked all the best BW in the world fight in the UFC. Unless theres another country that has a BW division that ive never heard of?

Or maybe u can elaborate on this "opposition that matters".

"all the best BW in the world fight in the UFC"
You mean WBW. If Ronda's competition were all of the best BWs in the world, this would be a very different conversation.

Outside of Ronda Rousey, the WBW division does not matter.
The division is so weak that the only way to find her an opponent that's interesting is to go to the division above and court the roided-up ape that's dominating the only field of competition in all(?) of professional sports that is weaker than the one Rousey is ruling over.

Predominantly, in this context, = a bit of a weasel word.
Do we judge her in the context of her opposition, or by their quality?

You're taking it as a given that the competition will increase over time.
WMMA didn't just spring into existence with the arrival of Ronda, and unlike early MMA, woman's MMA had a history (albeit a brief one) of training practices to draw upon. Even with this being the case, we're still seeing fighters who look like amateurs in the cage.
What if the current WBW is as good as it's ever going to get?

And that's a part of the problem with the comparison too.
Tyson stepped up from fighting amateurs to fighting pros, as do most professionals.
Competition-wise, Ronda took a step backwards when she dropped out of judo to pursue MMA. Whatever her reasons, Ronda pursued weaker competition by changing sports, something I don't think Tyson ever did.

As for gaining MMA exposure. Fans that tune in for Ronda, tune in for 1 minute thrashings in which a world-class competitor stomps on girls that have no business competing on a professional level. It's gimmicky, and while I am a fan of freak-show fights, I don't exactly want to see them becoming representative of MMA as a whole.

"all the best BW in the world fight in the UFC"
You mean WBW. If Ronda's competition were all of the best BWs in the world, this would be a very different conversation.

Outside of Ronda Rousey, the WBW division does not matter.
The division is so weak that the only way to find her an opponent that's interesting is to go to the division above and court the roided-up ape that's dominating the only field of competition in all(?) of professional sports that is weaker than the one Rousey is ruling over.

Well said Sir!!
please stop the RR - Tyson talk PLEASE!!!!!!

Oh great more A level athlete propaganda...
She's a female cage fighter who's absolutely obliterating her opponents on the biggest stage available to her. None of these other women would pose a threat to Ronda if locked in the octagon with her, so it's kind of weird and perverted to suggest that somebody else 'deserves' her success.

Another moron who can't read. Nobody said they deserve her success. Nobody said they were fighters. I said they would cringe at the notion of her being claimed as "The greatest female athlete". She isn't. She's not even in the top 100.

Ronda deserves all her money. It's a free market and she's the beneficiary of great marketing. Learn to read FFS.

Later, Rex - good riddance to you, your horrible grandstanding full of false promises and "look at me" attitude.

J! E! T! S!
JETS!!! JETS!!! JETS!!!

Yeah well finishing an Olympic athlete in Sara Mcmann in about a minute implies that Ronda is a beast.

The highly inactive olympic wrestler who can't take a strike, as exhibited in her loss to Miesha Tate. So Miesha is beast too? She actually out-wrestled the olympic wrestler.

The highly inactive olympic wrestler who can't take a strike, as exhibited in her loss to Miesha Tate. So Miesha is beast too? She actually out-wrestled the olympic wrestler.

Miesha Tate is a beast, she'd most likely be the champ if Ronda wasn't around.
Why try to discredit so many fighters? These ladies are beating the sh*t out of each other in a cage while we sit back and watch while getting drunk, it's extremely silly to call them weak fighters.

Ronda is light years ahead of her competition, but she puts the hours in at the gym, so she deserves all of the credit for that.

Rex, stop paying attention to MMA and find us a quarterback.

Back