Buffalo Bills head coach Rex Ryan compares Ronda Rousey to Mike Tyson

https://goo.gl/ugC8bR

Nuff said. Welcome to the Rousey can crushing era.

It's a travesty that people think Mike Tyson was just fighting cans. He denied anyone a chance to get great in his division during the late 80's which definitely was a weak era.

He absolutely destroyed Michael Spinks, a guy who was considered one of the greatest lhw's gone hw. He absolutely annhilated Larry Holmes, I don't care if Holmes took time off, so did GSP, so did Floyd Mayweather. A lot of great fighters take time off, that same Larry Holmes took a PRIME Holyfield to 12 rounds AFTER his loss to Tyson.

Mike absolutely eviscerated Larry Holmes, he put his fist through his head that night. Comparing Rousey to Tyson should begin and end with the fact she can beat cans in 1 round. Tyson fought legit guys, Rousey has no real competition. It's not her fault though imo.

hahahah, expect more Sherbros to Cry like beta males about Ronda in the comments below.... i enjoy the waterfalls from sherbros

It's a travesty that people think Mike Tyson was just fighting cans. He denied anyone a chance to get great in his division during the late 80's which definitely was a weak era.

He absolutely destroyed Michael Spinks, a guy who was considered one of the greatest lhw's gone hw. He absolutely annhilated Larry Holmes, I don't care if Holmes took time off, so did GSP, so did Floyd Mayweather. A lot of great fighters take time off, that same Larry Holmes took a PRIME Holyfield to 12 rounds AFTER his loss to Tyson.

Mike absolutely eviscerated Larry Holmes, he put his fist through his head that night. Comparing Rousey to Tyson should begin and end with the fact she can beat cans in 1 round. Tyson fought legit guys, Rousey has no real competition. It's not her fault though imo.

so your comparing boxing which has been around waaaay longer to MMA?? Tyson was badass but Ronda is wrecking chicks like he did, nobody is comparing her skills and the strenght of schedule to Tyson....they comparing them in the case that Ronda and Tyson destroyed opponents left and right very fast...dont be like Omni

Rex, stick to coaching mediocre football.

NO body cares what that fat fuck has to say about anything.

so your comparing boxing which has been around waaaay longer to MMA?? Tyson was badass but Ronda is wrecking chicks like he did, nobody is comparing her skills and the strenght of schedule to Tyson....they comparing them in the case that Ronda and Tyson destroyed opponents left and right very fast...dont be like Omni

He's comparing trained, professional athletes to elementary school cooks & domestic household workers, thus highlighting how absurd and ridiculous the comparison of Tyson and Rousey really is.

He's comparing trained, professional athletes to elementary school cooks & domestic household workers, thus highlighting how absurd and ridiculous the comparison of Tyson and Rousey really is.

Why are u comparing again boxing which has been around for waaay longer than MMA. There are fighters on the lower mens weight class that run their own business and some even work for AAA. Why are ignoring those facts, not all fighter have the ability to train full time regardless whether its males or females.

Your comment sounds like your spewing at the mouth full of hate without really looking at the complete MMA picture.

Also its not wrong to compare Ronda and Tyson, in the way that they dominate and wrecked their opponents. Rondas and Tysons first 12 fights were all "finishes", but Ronda finished 11of those fights in the first round, where as Tyson finished 9 of those fights in ther first round.

Also i couldve said Ronda has made way more money in those first 12 fights, than Tyson in his first 12 fights, but i wont say cause different times and different sports.

U beta males are pathetic that speak with only hate, rather than calmly looking at the entire picture.

Ronda will finish Tate and Cyborg, i will then enjoy how much more salty u guys become...i smile all the time a beta sherbros get butthurt, its really quite entertaining, keep it up homie

Last edited:
Why are u comparing again boxing which has been around for waaay longer than MMA. There are fighters on the lower mens weight class that run their own business and some even work for AAA. Why are ignoring those facts, not all fighter have the ability to train full time regardless whether its males or females.

Your comment sounds like your spewing at the mouth full of hate without really looking at the complete MMA picture.

Also its not wrong to compare Ronda and Tyson, in the way that they dominate and wrecked their opponents. Rondas and Tysons first 12 fights were all "finishes", but Ronda finished 11of those fights in the first round, where as Tyson finished 9 of those fights in ther first round.

Also i couldve said Ronda has made way more money in those first 12 fights, than Tyson in his first 12 fights, but i wont say cause different times and different sports.

U beta males are pathetic that speak with only hate, rather than calmly looking at the entire picture.

Ronda will finish Tate and Cyborg, i will then enjoy how much more salty u guys become...i smile all the time a beta sherbro gets butthurt, its really quite entertaining, keep it up homie

Comparing Ronda to Tyson indirectly implies things about Ronda that simply are not true. Such as the idea that she's facing opposition that matters.

U beta males are pathetic that speak with only hate, rather than calmly looking at the entire picture. <...> i smile all the time a beta sherbro gets butthurt, its really quite entertaining, keep it up homie

Your post was generally good, but you may not understand why resorting to this kind of vernacular lowers it in the eyes of adults.

Just stick to the point and rely on the strength of your argument to drive the message home. It'll have the desired effect.

Comparing Ronda to Tyson indirectly implies things about Ronda that simply are not true. Such as the idea that she's facing opposition that matters.
Yeah well finishing an Olympic athlete in Sara Mcmann in about a minute implies that Ronda is a beast.

Exactly. Gomi went 14-0, Maia 11-0 [8 First Round Finishes], Jeremy Horn [Had a run of 23 first round finishes in a row], Micheal Page Currently 8-0 [7 Finishes], Chris Weidman Currently 13-0 [9 Finishes], Jimi Manuwa [Was 13-0 with 9 first round stoppages] etc etc etc.

You could write up a shit tonne of examples like this. The reason people say Ronda is just a hype job is because countless guys went undefeated with majority finishes [Or big runs filled with finishes] and nobody has claimed them 'The greatest athlete ever!!!!!!" or "The new Mike Tyson!!!!!!!"

What's worse is that every one of the guys mentioned above [And countless more] have faced far more well rounded, superior fighters to the tomato cans hurled at Ronda.

Oh right!! Cause there is another BW division in another country that has women that are Olympic level athletes and are 4th degree black belts in taekwando and are all BJJ black belts, as well as have great wrestling. Daaaam, forget about them, where are they at???

Oh right!! Cause there is another BW division in another country that has women that are Olympic level athletes and are 4th degree black belts in taekwando and are all BJJ black belts, as well as have great wrestling. Daaaam, forget about them, where are they at???

Did I say there was?

Exactly. Gomi went 14-0, Maia 11-0 [8 First Round Finishes], Jeremy Horn [Had a run of 23 first round finishes in a row], Micheal Page Currently 8-0 [7 Finishes], Chris Weidman Currently 13-0 [9 Finishes], Jimi Manuwa [Was 13-0 with 9 first round stoppages] etc etc etc.

You could write up a shit tonne of examples like this. The reason people say Ronda is just a hype job is because countless guys went undefeated with majority finishes [Or big runs filled with finishes] and nobody has claimed them 'The greatest athlete ever!!!!!!" or "The new Mike Tyson!!!!!!!"

What's worse is that every one of the guys mentioned above [And countless more] have faced far more well rounded, superior fighters to the tomato cans hurled at Ronda.

Ha ha ha.

Bowerman is the same dude who -- in another thread -- said there were "hundreds" of other women worldwide who compete in deeper talent pools than Ronda and who are therefore better than Ronda and more deserving of Ronda's success.

WHO are these women again, Bowerman?

What sports? How are they not getting attention if they are as great as you say?

Last edited:
Back