Buatsi vs Azeez Feb.3rd BOXXER on Peacock/Sky Sports

Im not talking about hype from the bookmaker's side. In Britain there is a lot of hype about Azeez, without any summary except the victory over Fielding, which is not a wow thing.

There just isn’t! A couple of former pros/pundits have given him credit because he is over achieving based on early prospects, and that’s well earned tbh. He’s certainly not being overhyped and he is doing better than most British fight fans thought he would.

The fact that he’s a big under dog with the bookies also doesn’t suggest he’s hyped. Those 2 things will generally correlate.

I think this fight is being hyped up. Partially due to how long this has all been going on for (with it being rescheduled) and probably because it has the makings of a really good fight! A lot closer than the bookies think but I’ll still think buatsi wins unfortunately.

As @Nova44 posted, all the hype over here is around azim, Whittaker and Moses itauma at the moment

Azeez is still very much in the prospect stages of his career despite being a rated contender by The Ring & TBRB. The other contenders at LHW don't stand a chance against Beterbiev or Bivol, either. I also think Beterbiev will probably be retired before Azeez ever has to step into the ring with him.

The only people they lose to at smw or lhw is each other. Opetaia is the only guy at CW who could beat them imo and I’m still not sure I’d favour him against either at this point in their respective careers

The only people they lose to at smw or lhw is each other. Opetaia is the only guy at CW who could beat them imo and I’m still not sure I’d favour him against either at this point in their respective careers
I'd pick Opetaia to beat Bivol at cruiser on size alone. Bivol's not even a big LHW. Beterbiev though used to fight at 200 lbs in the amateurs and he was still knocking guys stupid. Opetaia vs Beterbiev would be a good fight but the latter has business to finish at LHW.

I'd pick Opetaia to beat Bivol at cruiser on size alone. Bivol's not even a big LHW. Beterbiev though used to fight at 200 lbs in the amateurs and he was still knocking guys stupid. Opetaia vs Beterbiev would be a good fight but the latter has business to finish at LHW.

Opetaia isn’t a big CW either but I appreciates there’s a big jump between the 2 weight classes. I don’t think he’d have much size over beterbiev. What a fight that would be though. Unfortunately beterbievs probably too close to the end of his career for this fight to happen

Opetaia isn’t a big CW either but I appreciates there’s a big jump between the 2 weight classes. I don’t think he’d have much size over beterbiev. What a fight that would be though. Unfortunately beterbievs probably too close to the end of his career for this fight to happen
True. I should've said it the other way around. Bivol is a small LHW. Really, he could make 168 or at least he says he could. I don't think Opetaia could make 175 though. Then again guys like Callum Smith and Zurdo Ramirez can so who really knows. Yeah Beterbiev might be too old now to try his luck at cruiser. He's 39 so he may only have another year or two left in the sport. Doesn't look his age yet but at some point he'll fall off. You know the old adage, father time is undefeated.

Last edited:
I generally fuckin hate Ben Whittaker’s show boating but he did have me laughing on a couple of occasions tonight. He is talented though and is fun to watch. Looking forward to him stepping up and there’s loads of decent domestic fights out there for him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back