Rumored BSJ vs Canelo. Will Alvarez struggle to cut the weight??

Called this from a mile away.

This is Canelo's version of "taking risks" - fighting the weakest champions at each division.

BJS hasn't looked good since he beat Lemieux 2 years ago. Since then, he hasn't even looked like a decent domestic fighter.
Canelo has fought and beat everyone besides Floyd. Get a fucking grip. Your agenda on Canelo since Lara lost his track meet is absolutely embarrassing.
Cuban is the GOAT Canelo hater.
I enjoy it.
I also enjoy knowing i get to hear it for another 10 years.

Seen some rumors flying around about this fight potentially in the works. I like it alot. I think Billy Joe will surprise some people honestly.

Especially if Alvarez struggles to get back down in weight. Any thoughts on his cut back down with the amount of muscle he's added?
What do you mean getting back down? Canelo has never competed or signed a fight to compete in SMW. And if he is going to it'll be much easier than making MW.
Secondly, and most importantly... Caneloweight is what canelo wants, nobody can force him to fight anywhere anyway. He made more money in his last contract than all the HW champs combined.

This is Canelo's version of "taking risks" - fighting the weakest champions at each division.

BJS hasn't looked good since he beat Lemieux 2 years ago. Since then, he hasn't even looked like a decent domestic fighter.
I'm tempted to reply in gifs with out context like they do in teh heavies. seems fun.
IncredibleSentimentalArgentineruddyduck-size_restricted.gif

mqdefault.jpg
DQqH6o5WAAAc7Sm.0.jpg

DeadHelpfulIchthyosaurs-size_restricted.gif

oKJbxB4.gifv
BoringCoordinatedCockerspaniel-mobile.mp4

Last edited:
He was rumored to be fighting Canelo next before either of them even fought their last respective opponents. BJS himself admitted his last performance was shithouse and didn't feel it was good enough to warrant a Canelo fight so I hope this fight falls apart. Billy only needs to do what he normally does to come through for us.
DpGz9NGW4AM2Kg5.jpg

It looks really bad when you put them altogether like that. The only saving element is that BJS will be offered his biggest purse ever to fight Canelo. If that can't motivate him I don't think anything can.

This is actually a decent fight and I hope it gets made. And considering Eddie Hearn owes Smith a big fight if he wants to carry on promoting Smith, I see a Smith/Canelo fight occurring after.

I'm all for it, but as mentioned above, I'll believe BJS takes this fight when it's signed.

You'd be saying he was ducking Saunders if he fought someone else.

But could outbox him for 12 rounds.
Very, very much doubt that. Saunders has had his hands more than full with far lesser fighters than Canelo.

Canelo would definitely struggle to make 168 when he came in at 159 a couple of months ago.

Very, very much doubt that. Saunders has had his hands more than full with far lesser fighters than Canelo.
Dude was getting hit far too much in his last outing.

That BJS would have been swallowed whole by canelo.

Awful fight, decent win for Canelo.

What do you mean getting back down? Canelo has never competed or signed a fight to compete in SMW. And if he is going to it'll be much easier than making MW.
Secondly, and most importantly... Caneloweight is what canelo wants, nobody can force him to fight anywhere anyway. He made more money in his last contract than all the HW champs combined.

I'm tempted to reply in gifs with out context like they do in teh heavies. seems fun.
IncredibleSentimentalArgentineruddyduck-size_restricted.gif

mqdefault.jpg
DQqH6o5WAAAc7Sm.0.jpg

DeadHelpfulIchthyosaurs-size_restricted.gif

oKJbxB4.gifv
BoringCoordinatedCockerspaniel-mobile.mp4

Trying to sound smart while completely unaware of Canelo's recent SMW worthless belt fight.

Trying to sound smart while completely unaware of Canelo's recent SMW worthless belt fight.
In all honesty... I admit I forgot that even existed... Before Canelo movedup to fight Rocky I had no idea who he is.
Shows how insignificant of a fight that was.

But, I guess it adds to canelo's introduction by commentators (a 3 weight class world champ).

Anyway, I have no idea why people are crying.. this is a great fight, and BJS is a very skilled boxer who is undefeated with a world championship, and most importantly is not a dying corpse.

Back