"Brute Strength Gym" in Norfolk, VA

nopardaid

bammed
@Green
Reaction score
If you live anywhere near this area, you would be a dastardly fool not to go here. This gym is nothing short of anything and everything you could want:
2 Power Racks, 2 Fully Adjustable squat racks, Monolith gimmick, 4 lifting platforms, bumber weights, Troy weights, Atlas stones, log press setups, 5 or so types of sleds, a 125 foot (give or take) dragging area, shotputs, slugs, a car with deadlift handles, 5 different sizes of tires, grip machine, kettlebells to 200lbs, kegs, power stairs, ghr setup, chalk stations, free lockers and a chick that works there who has an ass like Jessica Biel. It also has all your typical gym shit like: 5 or so benches a couple legpress machines, warm up bikes dumbbells etc...
You can do per visit payments, or month to month or yearly. They definitly don't do it for the money. If you live within 2-3 hours of this place, you owe it to yourself to come at least once and check it out. They also hold strongman/lifting comps. The only negative aspect of this gym, would be the sound system. I expected club like levels of volume pumping Slayer, they do play metal and anything brutal, but it's just not loud enough, the speakers are kind of shitty me thinks.
http://www.brutestrengthgym.com/ Here is there myspace page, the 2 vids on the lower left side are inside the gym, with some guys doing the wheel. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=207968988

The Linkin Park music on their page was kind of irritating.

Really nice looking place loads of kit, if you saw my current gym you would curl into a ball of laughter. But its fairly quiet so i mostly get it to my self.

I'm in Richmond, bit too far for me. On a website point of view, they need to redo quite a bit. They don't even need flash.

I'm in Richmond, bit too far for me. On a website point of view, they need to redo quite a bit. They don't even need flash.

Im in Richmond myself. Where do you train at?

I agree. The Flash page is pretty boring and you cant skip it.

Well thanks for making us who work out at normal gyms feel like shit. Cool place though!

I wonder what happens to a curlmonkey when it appears there...

Damn...sounds incredible. I live in Fredericksburg, VA and would die to have a gym like that in my area.

BTW...what are "Troy Weights"?

Damn...sounds incredible. I live in Fredericksburg, VA and would die to have a gym like that in my area.

BTW...what are "Troy Weights"?

I think that "Troy" is just the name brand but the ones they have are precisely calibrated with holes drilled in them and shit to be of very exact tolerances and weight. They also have signs on them "Platform use only!!"
They also have a nice little tool I call the "deadlift dolly". You basically slide this handled contraption under your weight bar and with ease, it lifts your whole setup about 3 inches off the ground so you can remove/replace weights with little effort.

I wonder what happens to a curlmonkey when it appears there...

Everyone respects everyone from what I have seen. If a guy wants to come in, with all that strength equipment and spend 6 hours a week on bi's, no one really notices or cares.

Im in Richmond myself. Where do you train at?

Technically in Chesterfield/Midlothian. I train at two different gyms (Yes, I have two free memberships). Some Woodlake Community Gym and American Family Fitness.

im about 1.5 hours away (williamsburg). ive been trying to get my one buddy from richmond to come out for a day out there with me. place is pretty incredible from what ive seen. i hope they survive, seeing as how not many people train seriously enough to appreciate someplace like that. id love to get under a monolift and see what i could squat without having to walk it out.

does anyone know of any comprehensive list of these types of "true strength" gyms in the U.S.? there has to be more of them about. i've tried googling, but haven't had any luck.

Back