Brown vs. Gastellum

I'll take Brown here, and by TKO. Pretty bold but I think he will get him late

If this was a three round fight I'd say Kelvin with 100 percent confidence. Since it's a five round fight, I'm not sure.

Should be a great fight. Brown will rarely take a step back, but I think his best years are behind him and Gastelum is a strong, hungry kid. Gastelum wins by TKO in 3rd and Mike Brown, GOD bless him, officially becomes a gatekeeper.

He's fighting Matt Brown, not Mike lol.

The outcome entirely depends on Gastelum's mental. We know what we're going to get from Brown.

This all depends on how Kelvin does with his weight cut. IF, and we all know this is a huge IF, he cuts weight properly and comes in ready to go, he will grapplefuck Brown into a living death, and may even get the submission. This kid has the potential to be the champ at WW, assuming his body is capable of consistently making 170. His wrestling, standup, toughness, and even his conditioning (when he doesn't come in half dead from dehydration) are all first rate and he might have the most underrated submission game in the division right now. He's an awesome fighter.

I'm even a believer in Gastelum at MW, and I definitely believe he will be a force at 170 if he can actually make the weight, although I am really not sure he's capable of that. Matt Brown is a first rate striker who still struggles mightily against excellent wrestlers. He's tough as nails and will show up to throw down and if Kelvin is in the kind of condition we saw him in against Woodley, he'll finish Kelvin for sure.

This is a very interesting fight but I see it as being Kelvin's to lose (which he very well may).

I love me some Immortal but I think this is Gastelum's fight if he comes in good shape with a good cut. It's a five rounder and I could definitely see Brown taking the lead in the later rounds and possibly getting a finish, but I think Gastelum either wins the first three and takes a decision or gets the submission. This is a bet to hedge though, for sure.

Good fight. Gastellum's great but I don't think he has the cardio to go 5. He needs to go for a finish and Brown's tough so I'll pick Brown by late finish.

My prediction. Brown comes out tough and makes round 1 a to close to call round. Round 2 goes handily to Kelvin, Rd 3 Kelvin gasses but still wins the round. Round 4 and 5 goes to Brown so easily that people will be shocked it wasn't a 10-8 round. It goes to decision and Kelvin gets it making sherdog explode over a robbery.

Back