Broner may fight on May 4th "supercard"

Who cares how he spelled it. The important part was that Pac lost.

Since when is Tim Bradley "fast as shit"? Last I heard his relative lack of speed compared to other...um...explosive fighters was one of the criticisms he faced.

Another super card coming April 20th. Manny and Marquez will fight separate opponents on the same card.

Since when is Tim Bradley "fast as shit"? Last I heard his relative lack of speed compared to other...um...explosive fighters was one of the criticisms he faced.

When you're in with a guy 3 times as fast as you, it makes you slower than you actually are. Kinda common knowledge. Tim is pretty fast compared to most though.

Bradley aint an easy fight for anyone.. He would give Broner hell if they fought.. but it wont happen.

High risk, low reward fight for Golden Boy.

So when did golden boy and top rank start doing business again or are people suggesting fights that will never happen til they sort their shit out for some other reason?

Pffff yeah right. Broner is all that. He may be a clown but he is the real deal. Bradley is an averagely talented try-hard. He wouldn't be able to hang

Timothy Bradley ain't no Eloy Perez. And he ain't Vicente Escobedo. And he ain't Antonio DeMarco. Broner would have a fight on his hands. Really anybody fighting Bradley has a fight on their hands.

See his fight with Ponce De Leon..

Bradley would be the first guy he has faced that can match his speed.. the first guy with real defensive awareness..and if that wasn't enough, he uses his head as an extra weapon in the ring.. I have no doubt that if Bradley and Broner fought tomorrow, Broner would lose clearly.

That's not to say that Broner wont eventually be superior, but right now he is not there..not even close imo

I agree with your overall opinion, but disagree with anyone cherry picking that Ponce De Leon fight. Broner sat back and fought a passive fight for whatever reason. If he'd turned aggressive on Ponce De Leon, it would have been another easy fight like the ones with DeMarco and Escobedo. Nothing about that fight indicated to me that Ponce De Leon was actually the better boxer. Broner just fought with a strange, ineffective game plan.

You make it sound like you don't watch Bradley fights. Don't defer to what you heard now.

"Fast as shit" is definitely an exaggeration, though.

Timothy Bradley ain't no Eloy Perez. And he ain't Vicente Escobedo. And he ain't Antonio DeMarco. Broner would have a fight on his hands. Really anybody fighting Bradley has a fight on their hands.

I agree with your overall opinion, but disagree with anyone cherry picking that Ponce De Leon fight. Broner sat back and fought a passive fight for whatever reason. If he'd turned aggressive on Ponce De Leon, it would have been another easy fight like the ones with DeMarco and Escobedo. Nothing about that fight indicated to me that Ponce De Leon was actually the better boxer. Broner just fought with a strange, ineffective game plan.

the consensus thought on why Broner was passive is because he didn't like what was coming in return. Few who fight DPDL do, the guy can fight.

could've been an off night or there could be something to the DPDL fight.

Last edited:
the consensus thought on why Broner was passive is because he didn't like what was coming in return. Few who fight DPDL do, the guy can fight.

could've been an off night or there could be something to the DPDL fight.

It's impossible to tell what Broner did or didn't like. I saw Broner being almost too calm. Calm to the point of letting Ponce De Leon throw more punches. Don't get me wrong; I had it six rounds to four for Ponce De Leon, but I thought Broner could've fought that fight differently and easily dominated. Broner held back too much for whatever reason.

For one, Ponce De Leon is slow for somebody in his weight division. I thought Broner could have easily out-landed PDL if Broner actually threw punches like Gamboa did.

don't remember what i had for a scorecard but i do remember it being really close and something similar to yours.

I think the point of the criticism is "Why was Broner like that during the DPDL fight but not any of the others?"

Since it's probably the strongest name on his resume the perception is Broner's passiveness was caused because of the opponent he was fighting. DPDL does pack a serious punch so the theory isn't that far fetched but I'm not convinced either way. It could have just been an off night for Broner, only time will tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back