ZroC

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Mayweather vs Ghost
Canelo vs Trout
Broner vs ????

Tell me this would not be PPV worthy.

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=61268#ixzz2HcJIOpvZ
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Jake Donovan

Adrien Broner helped lend credence to the rumors of a potentially stacked May 4 pay-per-view telecast.

The unbeaten lightweight titlist is good friends with pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr., who is confirmed to return to the ring on May 4 against an opponent to be determined. The very short list of candidates includes Robert Guerrero and Saul

Shit I just remembered Burns was on the short list for Broner.

no surprise that broner will be on the mayweather undercard. they're like a couple of gays now

We need Kimbo on this card...this would break all PPV records.

and after PBF wins...during his post fight interview, BRoner should come in and get in his face...WWE style.

Bradley would beat the shit out of Broner

Pffff yeah right. Broner is all that. He may be a clown but he is the real deal. Bradley is an averagely talented try-hard. He wouldn't be able to hang

Pffff yeah right. Broner is all that. He may be a clown but he is the real deal. Bradley is an averagely talented try-hard. He wouldn't be able to hang

See his fight with Ponce De Leon..

Bradley would be the first guy he has faced that can match his speed.. the first guy with real defensive awareness..and if that wasn't enough, he uses his head as an extra weapon in the ring.. I have no doubt that if Bradley and Broner fought tomorrow, Broner would lose clearly.

That's not to say that Broner wont eventually be superior, but right now he is not there..not even close imo

Bradley would be the first guy he has faced that can match his speed.. the first guy with real defensive awareness..and if that wasn't enough, he uses his head as an extra weapon in the ring.. I have no doubt that if Bradley and Broner fought tomorrow, Broner would lose clearly.

That's not to say that Broner wont eventually be superior, but right now he is not there..not even close imo

I like Broner but I tend to agree. Bradley would out tough Broner and out work him.

His struggles in the Ponce due Leon fight are greatly overstated IMO. Also Bradley cannot come close to matching his speed.

His struggles in the Ponce due Leon fight are greatly overstated IMO. Also Bradley cannot come close to matching his speed.

You're kidding me right? Broner's speed couldn't get him out of Ponce's wheelhouse, but Bradley can't match it? You are a Broner fan.. not a logical observer if you can't see that Bradley is as fast or faster than Broner...

Bradley has a track record of fighting fast opponents and almost always completely outclassing them with his speed.. Lamont Peterson, Devon Alexander

He exchanged well with Manny as well. Who has Broner faced that would showcase how his speed will fair against a world class speed based fighter?
The answer is nobody.. he is benefitting from the same early career boost that Andre Berto had.. he looks blindingly fast because he is fighting slow-flatfooted opponents.. things will get tougher for him when he expands his potential opponents list to people with speed and defensive capabilities.. like Bradley

I think that Bradley can give Broner plenty of problems but then again, he gives anyone 147 pounds and under at least some degree of trouble. Having said that, Broner's ability on the inside and his heavy hands would give Bradley something to think about, as well. It would probably be a damn good fight but Golden Boy would likely look at it as a bridge too far right now (and the promotional rivalry with TR probably doesn't let it happen, anyway).

The Ponce de Leon fight is something that people make too big a deal out of. By no means was that fight a robbery. He was Broner's first real high level opponent and it happened almost 2 years ago. What gave Ponce a chance was his awkward style and activity. He landed very little of consequence in that fight and as far as I see it, it didn't really expose any particular weaknesses in Broner's game (only the fact that he was a 21 year old fighting on the big stage for the first time).

I'm all for Broner fighting anyone as this card is already stacked, but a fight with Bradley would make it that much better.

Remember everyone, TR vs GB.

I think that Bradley can give Broner plenty of problems but then again, he gives anyone 147 pounds and under at least some degree of trouble. Having said that, Broner's ability on the inside and his heavy hands would give Bradley something to think about, as well. It would probably be a damn good fight but Golden Boy would likely look at it as a bridge too far right now (and the promotional rivalry with TR probably doesn't let it happen, anyway).

The Ponce de Leon fight is something that people make too big a deal out of. By no means was that fight a robbery. He was Broner's first real high level opponent and it happened almost 2 years ago. What gave Ponce a chance was his awkward style and activity. He landed very little of consequence in that fight and as far as I see it, it didn't really expose any particular weaknesses in Broner's game (only the fact that he was a 21 year old fighting on the big stage for the first time).

Hey.. Broner is still a young kid with little experience against people with awkward styles.. and I don't think it had anything to do with nerves.. he didn't know how to solve Ponce.. it's that simple.. and if he couldn't do what Juan Manuel Lopez did in a matter seconds over the course of a whole fight, then I personally question a few things... He's now moving up to jwelter or welter where he wont have a size and strength advantage in every fight.. and he is also going to be facing more diverse competition.. since the Ponce fight, he has faced a particular style with one exception.. Jason Liatzau.. who boxes but brings back memories of Gatti when he tried to make the transition to boxing..lol.. Broner has taken safe stylistic matchups.. Bradley would not be that.. Bradley brings all the awkwardness of Ponce.. he throws a lot of punches.. he's fast as shit.. he has a good chin.. and he fights like the devil on the inside.. if you clinch with him, you are getting roughed up.. and that is one of broner's tactics.. to clinch to get a break so he can get space again.. so that element of his game is gone before the first bell..

Broner has improved A LOT since the Ponce fight. I'd give him a good chance against Timmy but I still couldn't back him to win, as we haven't seen him fight someone of that class and style. Everyone is unproven at one point though, just because someone doesn't hold a win over a certain type of fighter, doesn't mean they can't go and do it. We don't know how good Broner is, he could be an ATG fighter in the making. He demolished DeMarco as if he was nothing.

Timmy is one of the best fighters in the sport though, he had a great run in the light welter division and came up in weight to outbox Manny Pacquiao, changing his style and showing how versatile he is.

agreed with the exception of the "OUTBOX PAQ" thing

Back