Broke My Toe, Miss First Tournament

JarBear

White Belt
Reaction score
So on my birthday , Wednesday, I broke my big toe. I was in a really bad mood and I decided it would be smart to give my recycle bin a nice soccer kick after it decided to hit a chair while I was holding it, emptying its contents into my dishwasher.

This friday I went to the emergency room after having it turn a bit blue and was only able to walk on it with alot of discomfort. I walked in with a sore toe, walked out with a cast and in a wheel chair, with my dad pushing me who broke his thumb in the same week( he got a splint put on it, turns out he crushed the tip, they almost had to remove the nail, but he was not into doing that).

Now the doctor says I can't get the cast off till May 30th. Funny thing is I have been training pretty hard these last few weeks for what would have been my first grappling tournament on April 26th, I had lost weight and was only 5 pounds away from my desired weight class. Obviously thats not happening.

Now with this injury I am thinking I should stay away from working out for a week then start doing upper body and ab exercises, I have some dumbbells and a bench so I will be doing lots of different upper body stuff, hopefully I will be stronger after the injury.

I was also thinking, should I be trying to exercise the other leg? ( my left leg) It's my weaker leg and I was thinking about one legged squats with some leg curls and extensions.

In regards to rehabilitation, In a book I got for my birthday "Training for Warriors" it recommends a lot of different foot exercises for the muscles in my toes and feet, has anyone had any experience with these or this book ?

Has anyone had toe injury ad how did you train through it, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

So on my birthday , Wednesday, I broke my big toe. I was in a really bad mood and I decided it would be smart to give my recycle bin a nice soccer kick after it decided to hit a chair while I was holding it, emptying its contents into my dishwasher.
,hopefully I will be stronger after the injury.

I hope so too! Best wishes for recovery,

They must have changed things over the years. I broke my left big toe twice and never had a cast put on. I was told to wear a stiff boot and stay off of it as much as possible.

This friday I went to the emergency room after having it turn a bit blue and was only able to walk on it with alot of discomfort. I walked in with a sore toe, walked out with a cast and in a wheel chair, with my dad pushing me who broke his thumb in the same week( he got a splint put on it, turns out he crushed the tip, they almost had to remove the nail, but he was not into doing that).

Now the doctor says I can't get the cast off till May 30th. Funny thing is I have been training pretty hard these last few weeks for what would have been my first grappling tournament on April 26th, I had lost weight and was only 5 pounds away from my desired weight class. Obviously thats not happening.

Now with this injury I am thinking I should stay away from working out for a week then start doing upper body and ab exercises, I have some dumbbells and a bench so I will be doing lots of different upper body stuff, hopefully I will be stronger after the injury.

I was also thinking, should I be trying to exercise the other leg? ( my left leg) It's my weaker leg and I was thinking about one legged squats with some leg curls and extensions.

In regards to rehabilitation, In a book I got for my birthday "Training for Warriors" it recommends a lot of different foot exercises for the muscles in my toes and feet, has anyone had any experience with these or this book ?

Has anyone had toe injury ad how did you train through it, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

See that's why I don't preregister for tourneys...cuz crazy shit like this can happen

Back