Brock should fight Stipe in July

Unfortunately that is how it works in the ufc

so who has recently returned from a doping ban and got a title shot?

in fact, who was the last person to get a title shot on return from a doping ban?

so who has recently returned from a doping ban and got a title shot?

in fact, who was the last person to get a title shot on return from a doping ban?

Idk someone probably has I dont have a photographic memory but Jones almost certainly will and just the way the ufc conducts business of completely undeserved title shots and who they let fight in their organization all to make money and promote fights creating unneeded interim belts etc leads me to believe its not out of step with the ufc to hypothetically give Brock a shot at the title even after popping hot.

he needs to beat atleast 2 top 10 to get ashot. if he can beat werdum and jds i'd say yes. otherwise he's meh.

Well, JBJ was the interim champ and was fighting for the belt when he popped, no one would care much if he fights for the belt against whoever is champ, Brock was not, he retired not being a champ, returned and got popped, why would he get a title shot? Not the same as JBJ.

Couldn't agree more. He's essentially the only guy in the HW division that not only hasn't fought everyone, but still garners huge interest. The other guys are very blah.

And sure it sets a bad precedent letting him come back off suspension and get an immediate title shot. But two things, first, same will happen with Jones. And second, welcome to life. It's not always fair. Special people get better treatment. Just how it works.

Brock is not a fighter.
Tell Frank Mir and Mark Hunt that (and Herring, Carwin, and Couture).

return from drugs ban, get title shot.

yeh, thats not how it works.
Didn't Vitor fight Weidman for the title after a ban for failing a test? But yes, I agree with the general principle that it ought not to work that way.

411253.jpg

Didn't Vitor fight Weidman for the title after a ban for failing a test? But yes, I agree with the general principle that it ought not to work that way.
nah, his testosterone bust was years earlier unless im missing something

Bork doesn't deserve to be in the octagon. Hopefully we never have to see him fight again.

in the UFC?

<36>

as i asked others, genuine question...

any fighters that have served suspensions and immediately returned to title shots?

im struggling to think of any

On topic then what do you do with the winner of Werdum vs Cain 2 ? or hmh they could do it if a defense is done earlier in the year.

Plus the fail test but who knows till mid summer people forget easily.

as i asked others, genuine question...

any fighters that have served suspensions and immediately returned to title shots?

im struggling to think of any
maybe not, but there's always a first time for everything

mcgregor is now held the FW belt hostage, and now the LW. this had never been done before. and that's because he draws so much that he can do whatever he wants

brock draws a lot, but not as much as mcgregor. but maybe, the UFC will let this happen

nah, his testosterone bust was years earlier unless im missing something
Yeah, I could be wrong here, but didn't he fail a drug test in 2014 that caused his title fight with Weidman to be canceled and rescheduled for 2015? I'm hazy on the details, but it ended up being like an informal suspension. An epitome of the the sort of messy crap going prior to USADA.

Heavyweight is by far the most boring, stagnant, old guard weight class in the ufc. It's literally one big round robin between the same 7 guys for the past 10 years it feels like with nobody successfully defending the belt more than twice. Brock is the only guy who would make heavyweight generate buys.

War Brock

True the little guys been making money.

I agree, but only if he is tested and held accountable, and no dic pills allowed.

He humps enough.

Back