• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brock is not afraid of punches(Myth debunked)

Its a myth that brock is afraid of punches, the only time he reacted that way was against carwin who hits like a truck, other than that he hasnt reacted badly against punches at all, against cain he was simply gassed and against hunt he didnt even flinch when he got hit so its a myth. I dont see anyone saying that about overeem who has many times literally turned his back and ran away.

Here is how "bad" Brock reacts to punches

search

Its not about him being "afraid", its that he's not that experienced in the stand up and when pressured hard he defaults to our natural defense mechanism; running away.

Other fighters will do it as a last resort but Brock gets to that last resort faster because he doesn't have as deep of a defensive or counter-attack repertoire than other HWs.

Its not about him being "afraid", its that he's not that experienced in the stand up and when pressured hard he defaults to our natural defense mechanism; running away.

Other fighters will do it as a last resort but Brock gets to that last resort faster because he doesn't have as deep of a defensive or counter-attack repertoire than other HWs.
Once again only happened once in the carwin fight, watch his latest fight instead

Nonsense, after the first takedown if brock didnt rush the transition cain would have got the mir treatment.
Hahaha you’re a comedian. Cain worked his ass and Brock thought there was three Cains in there and thought he got jumped!

Brock is a typical bully mentality.

He's berserker mode until he realizes someone can hang with him and fire back with heat.

Then he turtles right up.
Oversimplified bullshit. Lost against Frank came back dominated. Shit kicking from Carwin, took it. Came back victorious with a submission.

Brock is a guy where nobody IRL would've punched him. If you're a big guy that's athletic, chances are no one is going to attempt it especially if you come with some sort of combat sports background. The UFC is probably the first time in his life where a guy could and would punch him in the face. He had an excellent chin he just didn't know how to react to getting hit.
I completely agree with you. I have had the same theory as well. The dude can take huge bombs, he just doesn’t know what to do when it happens. Great chin, terrible reaction.

Its a myth that brock is afraid of punches, the only time he reacted that way was against carwin who hits like a truck, other than that he hasnt reacted badly against punches at all, against cain he was simply gassed and against hunt he didnt even flinch when he got hit so its a myth. I dont see anyone saying that about overeem who has many times literally turned his back and ran away.

Here is how "bad" Brock reacts to punches

search

Did you just show a gif of Brock getting wobbled by a glancing right hand

In the Couture fight I actually thought Randy was doing well, particularly in the wrestling exchanges. If it wasn't for Brocks massive size advantage he would've struggled to win that fight.
Well yeah .... he had 3 mma fights ffs

Can you imagine Brock with more MMA experience, reach, good top control, strong double, quick ground transitions. Good power in his hands, he has a good straight, he landed some night shots on Cain, Mir and of course the famous herring punch. He even had a nice jab going on Overeem, cut him until Reem closed the distance with knees, I felt Brock really wasn’t interested at that point. Against hunt he looked powerful, pretty damn good it’s a shame that at his age MMA won’t be considered for him unless it’s a super fight here and there.

Well yeah .... he had 3 mma fights ffs
The thing is randy wasnt doing well at all, he lost the first round and got finished in the second. The gameplan was to let randy carry brocks weight and gas himself out, thats what his coach said.

K1-Bork at the start of every training session.

no-touching-of-the-hair-or-face-anchorman-will-ferrell.gif

This thread is hilarious. Brock handles getting hit about as poorly as possible.

Yeah he reacts so well that he bans it in practice and breakdances in fights.

<36>

Let your hilarity continue.
Come back to reality, also get better glasses, he got rocked by an uppercut going for a takedown and lost his balance.

Come back to reality, also get better glasses, he got rocked by an uppercut going for a takedown and lost his balance.

"He lost his balance"
"He just tripped"
"He took a dive to make his opponent feel better"

<36>

You're a disaster.

You're a young WWE fan that just watched Brock's MMA fights and are trying far too hard. Well, enjoy looking like an idiot.

Can you imagine Brock with more MMA experience, reach, good top control, strong double, quick ground transitions. Good power in his hands, he has a good straight, he landed some night shots on Cain, Mir and of course the famous herring punch. He even had a nice jab going on Overeem, cut him until Reem closed the distance with knees, I felt Brock really wasn’t interested at that point. Against hunt he looked powerful, pretty damn good it’s a shame that at his age MMA won’t be considered for him unless it’s a super fight here and there.
He had a very exciting, but brief run. I have always felt that it’s a shame the sport was not more popular when he came out of college. Because if this man came out of college 21 or 22 years of age, and got with the top fight camp. Holy fucking shit. I really believe he’s the heavyweight greatest of all time and it’s not even close.

He had a very exciting, but brief run. I have always felt that it’s a shame the sport was not more popular when he came out of college. Because if this man came out of college 21 or 22 years of age, and got with the top fight camp. Holy fucking shit. I really believe he’s the heavyweight greatest of all time and it’s not even close.

Yeah he might have actually fought Herring, Couture, and Mir in their prime while still not being able to handle getting hit in the face. Or he would have faced the best competition in the world at the time. Die hard WWE and Brock fans are hilarious.

Back