Broadway Shows:Anyone ever been to one?

WINNERBYTWISTER

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Me and my wife went to NYC and had Dinner at a steakhouse called The Palms and then went to see Wicked on Broadway.

Let me say that the show was nothing short of amazing.

For those who do not know Wicked is the story of the witches of Oz before Dorothy crashed into their world. It is also a book.

A few things I took away from the show:

• People on Broadway are some of the most talented people in the world.
  • After seeing Wicked I will never see the Wizard of Oz the same again.

Have you been to a Braodway Show?

If so which one?

We want to go back again and see another show, can anyone recommend a good one?

wicked_img-119hrvx.jpg

wicked.jpg

Did you get a hand job afterwards?

Did you get a hand job afterwards?

Unfortunately no.

I saw many in the 90's before Broadway became entirely based on Hollywood movies and kids shows.

Also: When tickets weren't horribly expensive.

And people still dressed up.

I swear, seeing people in tank tops and t-shirts go to the theatre? Makes me want to fucking vomit.

Yeah that kind of surprised me, we were dressed up but a lot of people were not. It was still an amazing show though.

i got the old lady wicked tickets last year and thought i would nap my way through it, but like you said i was very impressed and actually enjoyed it way more than i thought i would have.

i got the old lady wicked tickets last year and thought i would nap my way through it, but like you said i was very impressed and actually enjoyed it way more than i thought i would have.

Same here. I basically went because my wife wanted to see it. I think I liked it more than she did.

Anyone who thinks a broadway show is boring should really consider going to one before making that assumption.

I haven't seen any shows on Broadway, but I have seen a bunch of broadway shows off broadway (traveling shows). There is a theater connected to the college here who has a series of shows every year. My mother-in-law has season tickets and when she can't go, she offers them to us. We can also get tickets at a discount through her.
I've seen Wicked twice (took my daughter, 7 at the time the second time), Cats (stupid), Jersey Boys, Phantom, Lion King (very good), and a bunch of others that escape me at the moment. I enjoy seeing someone perform on stage who has actual talent. The Wicked casts are amazing.

btw, this is an ironic place for a thread about performing arts... (Sherdog...) lol

I go when I need to fuck a new chick I'm with and she's playing hardball.

broadway shows + women = easy nasty sex afterwards.

(fyi, I don't pay attention to the shows so no point in asking me what I think about them)

Yep. Only show I remember off the top of my head is Fela. Fucking awesome show. Think I saw lion king.... Not sure tho. Too much whiskey.

I haven't seen any shows on Broadway, but I have seen a bunch of broadway shows off broadway (traveling shows). There is a theater connected to the college here who has a series of shows every year. My mother-in-law has season tickets and when she can't go, she offers them to us. We can also get tickets at a discount through her.
I've seen Wicked twice (took my daughter, 7 at the time the second time), Cats (stupid), Jersey Boys, Phantom, Lion King (very good), and a bunch of others that escape me at the moment. I enjoy seeing someone perform on stage who has actual talent. The Wicked casts are amazing.

btw, this is an ironic place for a thread about performing arts... (Sherdog...) lol

Not only can they act, but to belt out note after note the way they do live on stage is what leaves you in aw.

Im sure your daughter loved it. I did not take my kids, but we are strongly considering seeing it again and taking them.

I go when I need to fuck a new chick I'm with and she's playing hardball.

broadway shows + women = easy nasty sex afterwards.

(fyi, I don't pay attention to the shows so no point in asking me what I think about them)

Does not compute. Bitches playing hardball gets a Netflix & smart popcorn nights. Only take chicks I call my girl out.

I'd like to see the Book of Mormon.

I wonder if it pisses off traditional theatre people that Matt and Trey won a couple of Tonys

My problem with theater is the overacting and the fruity male voices.

Took the Mrs and some friends to go see Jersey Boys. Fucking fantastic.

We planned to go see Rock of Ages or That Championship Season later but multiple pregnancies kept getting in the way.

I've enjoyed live theatre shows since high school. Had a thing for a drama chick or five and really was awestruck at the courage it takes for a kid to get up there and put themselves out like that. Our wrestling coach used to say that they were the only activity in our school that worked as hard as we did and I believed him.

Back