British Man sentenced to 18 months in prison for offensive language

Yes. And the woman is fully within her rights to oust you for being a pervert or a scumbag.

We live on different planets, it seems. That is not okay in my books and should not be tolerated. Fortunately we have harassment laws that deal with this.

Yes. And the woman is fully within her rights to oust you for being a pervert and a scumbag. A fitting punishment for such an offense.

1½ years in prison is not a fitting punishment.
So threats of rape/murder/etc. shouldn't be taken seriously?

We live on different planets, it seems. That is not okay in my books and should not be tolerated. Fortunately we have harassment laws that deal with this.

I do not trust the state to handle such matters. If someone makes lewd remarks to a woman that I know, I go out there to handle the situation, man-to-man.

I do not trust the state to handle such matters. If someone makes lewd remarks to a woman that I know, I go out there to handle the situation, man-to-man.

So you are advocating physical force, not just ousting them. That's my point. If you're going to harass people, you can't cry when you get socked in the nose.

Do you know how many threats of rape and murder I've gotten during my lifetime? Hundreds, or thousands. Safe to say, I haven't taken them too seriously. When men drink, or are depressed, or are otherwise having a bad day and feel like you're being a nuisance, they say a lot of stuff. It's not a big deal. Testosterone is a thing.

At the end of the day, I've been called worse by better, so it brushes off the shoulder.

So you are advocating physical force, not just ousting them. That's my point. If you're going to harass people, you can't cry when you get socked in the nose.

Not physical force, no, unless the person himself is using physical force. I would have a talk, and based on where the situation develops, considering my usual ability to incite people with words, physical force may end up being used, in self-defense of course. You can only meet an action with an equal reaction, to stay moral, otherwise you lose sight of things.

Not physical force, no, unless the person himself is using physical force. I would have a talk, and based on where the situation develops, considering my usual ability to incite people with words, physical force may end up being used, in self-defense of course. You can only meet an action with an equal reaction, to stay moral, otherwise you lose sight of things.

When you used the phrase "man-to-man", I thought you implied force. Anyway, I disagree with you, but such is life.

Now what's this about you receiving thousands of rape threats? Are you posting from prison?

Do you know how many threats of rape and murder I've gotten during my lifetime? Hundreds, or thousands. Safe to say, I haven't taken them too seriously. When men drink, or are depressed, or are otherwise having a bad day and feel like your'e being a nuisance, they say a lot of stuff. It's not a big deal.

At the end of the day, I've been called worse by better, so it brushes off the shoulder.
You've been threatened with rape and murder thousands of times in your lifetime? Damn.

Actual threats of crimes are treated differently by the law.

You still don't have the legal right to hit people that say mean things to you. You say mean things back to them. Now if they escalate it to threats of violence or attempt violence on you then you can defend yourself.

You have to be smart enough to know how to handle the situation legally and still get what you want.

You've been threatened with rape and murder thousands of times in your lifetime? Damn.

When you used the phrase "man-to-man", I thought you implied force. Anyway, I disagree with you, but such is life.

Now what's this about you receiving thousands of rape threats? Are you posting from prison?

No, I'm posting on the internet. Stuff tends to go down over here, behind the safety of anonymity. I get into arguments a lot, that is my enjoyment. Outside of the internet, while drinking or while dealing with mentally unstable people, as I sometimes do, threats of rape and murder are rather common.

No, I'm posting on the internet. Stuff tends to go down over here, behind the safety of anonymity. Outside of the internet, while drinking or while dealing with mentally unstable people, as I sometimes do, threats of rape and murder are rather common.

Just to be clear, you're a guy right?

Actual threats of crimes are treated differently by the law.

You still don't have the legal right to hit people that say mean things to you. You say mean things back to them. Now if they escalate it to threats of violence or attempt violence on you then you can defend yourself.

You have to be smart enough to know how to handle the situation legally and still get what you want.

I believe society should allow for certain acts of harassment be met with physical force. If you're going to sexually harass my daughter, for instance, and I tell you to stop and you don't, I'm not just going to say mean things to you in return. I'm gonna sock you one.

I believe society should allow for certain acts of harassment be met with physical force. If you're going to sexually harass my daughter, for instance, and I tell you to stop and you don't, I'm not just going to say mean things to you in return. I'm gonna sock you one.

I don't disagree with this. I believe in certain cases you should be able to.

However I don't believe the state should put you in jail for non threatening speech.

As it stands now you just have to know how to work the system in the case you state and you can legally punch them.

I don't disagree with this. I believe in certain cases you should be able to.

However I don't believe the state should put you in jail for non threatening speech.

As it stands now you just have to know how to work the system in the case you state and you can legally punch them.

I guess we would need to define non-threatening, but I don't think we're too far off from agreeing.

Not saying I agree with the 18 month sentence but it's not like this guy was just having a bad day. From the article:

"It's said custody would be distressing for you but it seems you never learn. This is the ninth time you have breached this order, the same offensive, racist comments and you don't deserve another chance."

"Hennigan shouted back: 'Go f*** yourself, to which the judge replied, 'you too'.

Hennigan, of Harlow, Essex, then banged on the glass panel of the dock, performed a Nazi salute and twice shouted 'Sieg Heil' before starting to sing 'Jews gas them all...."

So the guy approaches a woman with her young children, berates her for no reason. Then goes apeshit at the hearing in front of the judge.

Yeah, I'm finding it difficult to feel any sympathy for this moron.:rolleyes:

Just to be clear, you're a guy right?

Of course.

Let's put it this way, this is one of the more civil parts of the internet that I've browsed.

In the early 2000's, when use of the internet was less prevalent among the regular people, the discussions were very interesting indeed, and very heated. Moderation and such things, were unheard of.

I enjoyed that environment. To see another side of humanity, such places for discussion do still exist, although usually not commonly accessible.

Last edited:
Of course.

Let's put it this way, this is one of the more civil parts of the internet that I've browsed.

In the early 2000's, when use of the internet was less prevalent among the regular people, the discussions were very interesting indeed, and very heated. Moderation and such things, were unheard of.

I enjoyed that environment. To see another side of humanity, such places for discussion do still exist, although usually not commonly accessible.

I visit a forum that is not moderated. People are...mean.

I guess we would need to define non-threatening, but I don't think we're too far off from agreeing.
If I came up to you with your wife for example and said how I am gonna fuck her good every day. Technically its not a threat. So if you punch my lights out....who is in the wrong?

I visit a forum that is not moderated. People are...mean.

Indeed. I prefer the truth to come out, it makes us realize how far we still are from the proposed utopia (or dystopia, depending on who you ask), when we are not enforcing people to act in a certain way through violence.

Also, I prefer that people make their individual judgments on personal matters, instead of always relying on the state to deliver the law and the punishment. Soon enough, we won't be fit to wipe our own asses without a government official's instructions, if this current development continues. But that's just my personal belief.

Whether you believe that this guy deserved a verbal lashing or an ass-kicking, I truly am of the opinion that we do not necessarily require the state to deliver either.

Last edited:
Back