British Man sentenced to 18 months in prison for offensive language

TS has no clue what an ASBO is and why people get them. People who get ASBO's are repeat offenders. Usually a burden and a nuisance to their own community. TS thinks someone should be able to break their ASBO 9 times and then behave like an idiot in court, calling the judge a cunt. I live In England and I know the types who get ASBO's, they're scum bags who terrorize their neighbours and cause normal people grief, hence the title "anti social behaviour."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-social_behaviour_order
The question is why you think this ASBO's are ok?

Such a misleading law. First of all does anyone here know what ASBO laws are?

ASBOs are civil orders to protect the public from behaviour that causes or is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress. An order contains conditions prohibiting an individual from carrying out specific anti-social acts or (for example) from entering defined areas

This man was in court for the 9th time for racially abusing and harassing people, and has been given warnings for his behaviour over and over. He just doesnt learn and if jail time is whats needed, then so be it. You cant just go up to people and abuse them verbally because you think you are a hard man. In UK we dont have weapons where you can shoot someone like this and say you felt threatened. So if you guys think 9 offences isnt enough for some jail time. Then maybe you are too soft when it comes to harassing and racially abusing people?

But raping little girls with your Pakistani mates is alright, ay guvnor?

The question is why you think this ASBO's are ok?
ASBOs are civil orders to protect the public from behaviour that causes or is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress. An order contains conditions prohibiting an individual from carrying out specific anti-social acts or (for example) from entering defined areas

You telling me in America you can behave however you want in your neighbourhood and treat the people however you want and there is no laws against it? You have the exact same laws I am sure. Just named differently. If you guys knew the type of people who get ASBOs I dont think you would be so quick to defend them. Once again war roomers jump in things they really dont have much knowledge about

The UK seems to already be a lost cause, despite Brexit. It's up to the rest of us to save ourselves now from this mess.

The UK seems to already be a lost cause, despite Brexit. It's up to the rest of us to save ourselves now from this mess.
whats madness is people spending years in jail for weed. You are really telling me the UK has more fucked up laws than the US with its private prison business and so many people thrown in jail for minor things? While rich white kids can kill people and avoid jail because of affluenza and buy the judge and no one does anything about it. That case alone is worse than anything I seen in UK

Britain is just putting the final nails in the coffin. Its now illegal to literally look at a birds tits. There shouldn't really be any surprise when they push shit like this.
The best thing I've ever done was leave that shit tip

whats madness is people spending years in jail for weed. You are really telling me the UK has more fucked up laws than the US with its private prison business and so many people thrown in jail for minor things? While rich white kids can kill people and avoid jail because of affluenza and buy the judge and no one does anything about it. That case alone is worse than anything I seen in UK

I'm not a 'murican so I wouldn't know.

Fucked-up laws are fucked-up laws everywhere. You shouldn't send people to prison for weed, just like you shouldn't send people to prison for having a foul mouth. It sets a very bad standard.

I'm not a 'murican so I wouldn't know.

Fucked-up laws are fucked-up laws everywhere. You shouldn't send people to prison for weed, just like you shouldn't send people to prison for having a foul mouth. It sets a very bad standard.
9 times he has been to court. So you say people has the right to go up to people in the streets and verbally abuse them say whatever they want? Its up to the other person to walk away? if it was up to you everyone should be able to say whatever they want to anybody?

You telling me in America you can behave however you want in your neighbourhood and treat the people however you want and there is no laws against it? You have the exact same laws I am sure. Just named differently. If you guys knew the type of people who get ASBOs I dont think you would be so quick to defend them. Once again war roomers jump in things they really dont have much knowledge about
Yah I read the link the other poster offered! Swearing in public can get you an ASBO. Very dangerous law and a good way to have control the masses. No thanks

9 times he has been to court. So you say people has the right to go up to people in the streets and verbally abuse them say whatever they want? Its up to the other person to walk away? if it was up to you everyone should be able to say whatever they want to anybody?

I couldn't care less if he has been in court 9 times for having a foul mouth. Hurling nine more insults doesn't make it any worse than the first. It's still just a verbal insult. Grow a thicker skin and deal with it.

And yes, I do think people have the right to go up to people in the streets and say whatever they want. That's called freedom of speech, a concept that seems to be inconvenient to everybody nowadays.

I've had drunken people, mentally ill people call me whatever. Did I give a fuck? No. You have to consider the source.

Let's not turn ourselves to the pussified dystopia of our nightmares:

I couldn't care less if he has been in court 9 times for having a foul mouth. Hurling nine more insults doesn't make it any worse than the first. It's still just a verbal insult. Grow a thicker skin and deal with it.

And yes, I do think people have the right to go up to people in the streets and say whatever they want. That's called freedom of speech, a concept that seems to be inconvenient to everybody nowadays.
There is no such thing as freedom of speech anywhere. Even on Sherdog one cant say whatever they want without being banned. Words has consequences everywhere

There is no such thing as freedom of speech anywhere. Even on Sherdog one cant say whatever they want without being banned. Words has consequences everywhere

Which is precisely why I will hound people eternally to accept true freedom of speech until it is finally, truly attained on Earth, instead of us merely acting like we are somehow "free".

The worst thing is when an enslaved, chained man is made to believe that he is a "free man". We wouldn't be where we are at, with none of the limited freedoms that we now possess, if our ancestors had bought into that kind of bullshit, and accepted their state as the normal.

Which is precisely why I will hound people eternally to accept true freedom of speech until it is finally, truly attained on Earth, instead of us merely acting like we are somehow "free".

The worst thing is when an enslaved, chained man is made to believe that he is a "free man". We wouldn't be where we are at, with none of the limited freedoms that we now possess, if our ancestors had bought into that kind of bullshit, and accepted their state as the normal.
Words matter and unless you take away human emotions, the way we are built we could never have a society where we can say anything to anyone and still function. Words start wars, get people killed all the time. Words matter

The world has gone mad when someone can go to prison for offending someone with words, while people walk free of jail-time for physically hospitalising someone.

The guy is clearly a wanker and if he's a repeat offender then maybe he deserves punishment but it still riles me up that in 2016, words are considered a worse offense than actions.

Words matter and unless you take away human emotions, the way we are built we could never have a society where we can say anything to anyone and still function. Words start wars, get people killed all the time. Words matter

The thing is, I don't really care if words start wars or get people killed. At some point in life, you need to make the choice, whether you want a free world or a safe world. You cannot have both.

Ultimately, I believe, once we break the construct that has made people overly emotionally attached to words, and create an environment where speech is truly free, I believe that less wars and less people will get killed over words, than in a very tight, controlled environment where an extensive amount of power to words is given by the state, enough to even imprison people, creating "taboos" that people "must not say" under any circumstances.

Once you give words that kind of power, in a society, then yes, wars will be started by them, people will get killed over them. You turn words into "spells", magic words which have a psychological and physical impact on other people. The N-words, the R-words, the SJW-words, all cause a "triggering" impact on the recipient nowadays, whereas in a free society where people treat themselves as individuals instead of parts of a "greater collective" (based on skin color, religion, political or social ideology or whatever), people would not give those words any power over themselves.

Words would be treated based on their merit, without giving some 50-year old, mentally unstable Nazi apologist the power to hurt other people with childish insults. By sentencing him to prison, you're actually giving his words far more credibility than they deserve. Where I live, people like this would be called the "village idiot" and people would mostly feel pity for him, not anger.

Last edited:
Some delusional people itt who have no idea what kind of people get ASBO's. They're not handed out to just anyone, but to people who's behaviour is out of control and is disrupting normal peoples everyday lives. Usually they've been to court for numerous anti social behaviour offences and the court issues an ASBO to try and curb the offenders behaviour with the threat of prison if they don't comply with the order.

Some of you are so obsessed with this "anti pc" agenda that you're willing to ignore reality. Get a fucking grip.

locking someone in a box for saying mean things is fucked up. nothing you say can change that. anyone that endorses this kind of thing is being ridiculous. it doesnt matter if he said 100 mean things.

I'm guessing all those who have a problem with ASBo's don't live in the UK. You have no clue what type of people get ASBO's. They're not just for saying mean things, but you wouldn't know that because your source of information is the Daily Mail and you're blinded by your "anti pc" agenda.

you know anti social behavior order sounds a lot like what the russians called sluggish schizophrenia when they wanted to send political dissenters to gulags. that was fucked up, too. you should read about it.

Back