International Brexit Discussion v9: The Last Extension

There is a lot of talk about how Boris Johnson could potentially avoid adhering to the law. However, I think that there still is a possibility for a solution with the EU. It has been discussed in this thread, and I think it is potentially the one that might work even if the DUP doesn't like it. that solution is the border in the Irish sea. Northern Ireland will continue to abide by EU rules, therefore, there would be no hard border in Ireland.

There is a lot of talk about how Boris Johnson could potentially avoid adhering to the law. However, I think that there still is a possibility for a solution with the EU. It has been discussed in this thread, and I think it is potentially the one that might work even if the DUP doesn't like it. that solution is the border in the Irish sea. Northern Ireland will continue to abide by EU rules, therefore, there would be no hard border in Ireland.

Just have a hard border between one part of the UK and the others instead........at least it shouldn't cost lives I suppose .

Yep, it's the only real solution. It won't stop the other parts of the Brexit disaster, but at least it will resolve the 'potentially triggering a civil war' part of it. I just can't see enough hard line Brexiters voting for it though. I can definitely see Johnson pushing for it though, he is a man of zero principles and would sell out the no deal Brexiters and the ERG gladly if he thought it would suit him politically.

I think Brexit will eventually cause Ireland to be reunited anyway, it's just that nobody expected it to happen because of a completely unrelated referendum. Same with Scotland's independence.

I think Brexit will eventually cause Ireland to be reunited anyway, it's just that nobody expected it to happen because of a completely unrelated referendum. Same with Scotland's independence.

Betting NI stay in the single market, loosing the EU subs and being ignored by Westminster as a inconvenience pushing towards a united Ireland.

Not sure if remaining in the single market is throwing NI under a bus or throwing the former UK under a bus and leaving NI alone........

Remainers singing The Red Flag in the House of Commons tells you everything you need to know about Remain and it's supporters.

Country would be run like North Korea if they had the power.

Remainers singing The Red Flag in the House of Commons tells you everything you need to know about Remain and it's supporters.

Country would be run like North Korea if they had the power.

Like North Korea you mean without a parliament or anything?..... previous Labour governments have sung the red flag without instituting a system of gulags so I reckon we'll be all right thanks all the same , remain supporters also sang Calon Lan and Scots Whae Hae .

Brexit: Scottish judges rule Parliament suspension is unlawful

Boris Johnson’s suspension of the UK Parliament is unlawful, Scotland’s highest civil court has ruled.

A panel of three judges at the Court of Session found in favour of a cross-party group of politicians who were challenging the prime minister's move.

The judges said the PM was attempting to prevent Parliament holding the government to account ahead of Brexit.

The UK government said it will appeal against the ruling to the Supreme Court in London.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-49661855

Brexit: Scottish judges rule Parliament suspension is unlawful

Boris Johnson’s suspension of the UK Parliament is unlawful, Scotland’s highest civil court has ruled.

A panel of three judges at the Court of Session found in favour of a cross-party group of politicians who were challenging the prime minister's move.

The judges said the PM was attempting to prevent Parliament holding the government to account ahead of Brexit.

The UK government said it will appeal against the ruling to the Supreme Court in London.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-49661855

They'll probably win this appeal (and the one's to come) unless Greive's 'humble address' unearths some proper dirt in a timely fashion .

Back