• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brenden Schaub said he makes more in a month than he did his entire UFC career

He said he makes six figures a month now on his podcast, five grand a month lol he drives and owns several sports cars
Maybe he meant "action figures"? :D

giphy.gif

What does he mean by “stand up”?

Is he including that one time only cable tv special that tanked? I’d be curious to know, because a one time gig could throw off these figures he’s talking about.

He's doing comedy clubs and touring most nights of the week.

His networth is only 3.5 mil

Those networth numbers aren't usually accurate.

And his fighting base was only $32k, so if he's made multi millions since retirement he's doing well.

B...b....beast of a work ethnic dawg.

my cawlmedy is killing it i dont care what the homeless haders say they do not maddur
b b b beast of a dad

I don't think he said he was "earning more per month now than in my entire UFC career total". I think he was comparing earnings per month in the UFC to earnings per month now.

Lets count what he earned in the UFC per month, shall we?

So he had 10 fights in the UFC (not counting TUF) with the average pay being, say, 30k per fight. That's 300k total.

First fight was March 21, 2010, last one was December 6, 2014. That's 56 months.

Divide 300k by 56 months are you get 5357 $ per month on average.

So to be earning more today than "in his entire UFC career" PER MONTH he'd have to be earning 5358 $.

Not that much.
<{poor?}>

He was getting more money in fight sponsorship than he was in purses.

Who are the people watching his podcast? Don't most people here claim to hate him?

Schaub seems like the kind of guy who doesn't really have the talent but makes things work for himself by putting himself out there and never saying "No". Somehow he's always landing on his feet.

His success is a complete mystery to me. Maybe he's too dumb to have the kind of filter and critical introspection which keeps most people from trying new things. Maybe he's smarter than I think. In any case, it seems to be working for him. Good for him.

Very well said.

I always thought the same thing about justin bieber actually. If he had gone to my high school he would have been bullied mercilessly and probably not have had the confidence to do what he does. Props to him for staying sheltered and homeschooled.

My strongest criticism of Schaub is that he seems "gay for pay". The way he has navigated himself around influential hollywood types is a little suspicious to me but if hes comfortable with it there is no denying his results.

Back