Brendan Schaub a top contender(serious thread)

This IS clearly a joke thread, but I'll respond with facts. Schaub's chin is so bad that he will never, ever be a serious contender until a rule is instituted preventing strikes to the head. He is an ugly KO waiting to happen.

LOL at Lavar! There's a difference between "hasn't been submitted yet" and "unsubmittable". Nog was "unsubmittable" before Mir. Benson was "unsubmittable' before Pettis. But even then, I would argue against such made up words as "unsubmittable".

Schaub is not a force at HW. He has a few decent paychecks in his future though.

Well, what about him murdering 2012 K1 Champion Mirko Cro Cop? Not only is his grappling exceptional, but his striking is beyond K1 level. I'm honestly starting to think you're just trying to bait some flames here with your putting down his opponents.

7/10, solid effort.

You went a little to0 far with the "he could KO Cain" bit.

Well, what about him murdering 2012 K1 Champion Mirko Cro Cop? Not only is his grappling exceptional, but his striking is beyond K1 level. I'm honestly starting to think you're just trying to bait some flames here with your putting down his opponents.

what THe FUCKK???

Cro Crop was just a shadow of what he was in Pride and K1.

His striking is beyond K1 level?????

LOLLLLLLLLLL

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Schaub, like most HWs, has a puncher's chance against anybody.

And you definitely don't want to go to the ground against him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he made a run at Cain.

Feed JDS to Schaub

Schaub's boxing is light years ahead of anyone and he sees punches in slow motion, something that JDS is strong with. And if it hits the ground, JDS is going to sleep

10001961.gif

If only that sinister uppercut Schaub threw landed, that entire fight would have been different..

this guy on the bottom????

eaf34_brendan_schaub_gif_145_tumblr_m2vc6gOHOU1qkc6uso1_1280.jpg

It's called baiting your opponent.. Schaub was perfectly fine, he tricked Rothwell in to being extra aggressive while Schaub was setting him up for a sub.

Like I said before, it was a fluke Rothwell actually won.. Schaub over-commited to the baiting and it back fired but normally that wouldn't happen.

I don't know what would be worse: more troll threads like this or people who actually think Schaub is a top fighter.

Brendan Schaub is a legend killer, defeating K-1 Grand Prix 2012 and PRIDE Open Weight 2006 Tournament Champ Mirko Cro Cop and also defeating Gabriel Gonzaga, a UFC legend by proving that the UFC Heavyweights were the best when he annihilated Prime Mirko Cro Cop who was on a killing streak. He beat both guys with the greatest of ease.

We all know he would've beaten Big Nog if the ref didn't stop it early, he was clearly playing possum to lure Nog into a ground war and submit him in zombie mode like Mir did but the ref stopped it early. if they rematched and also there was no ref conspiracy (let's be honest, Big Nog's team might have paid the ref to stop the match early) to stop the Legend Killer Brendan Schaub, he would join the small list of people that have submitted Big Nog in MMA: Fabricio Werdum and Frank Mir. or alternatively he could join the equally small club of people that have finished Big Nog by TKO: Frank Mir and Cain Velasquez.

as for Ben Rothwell, Schaub would destroy him in a rematch too. Brendan Schaub was acting cocky and thought he could outstrike the legendary striker Ben Rothwell (who recently defeated MMA legend Brandon Vera, a man whom many thought was capable of holding the HW and LHW UFC titles at once) to prove a point, but we know how that turned out. nowadays, Schaub wouldn't try that and would get it down to the ground ASAP and choke him out with his legendary BJJ skills. Schaub wins that fight 99/100 times and we all know it, I don't think Ben Rothwell wants a rematch tbh. same logic applies to Roy Nelson.

he most definitely can defeat current champ Cain Velasquez and top contender Junior dos Santos, he just needs to get them in his world by taking it to the mat. (the BJJ world, where he can effectively shut their games down, just like how he destroyed and annihilated Cyborg at Metamoris)

Last edited:
troll thread but I think most of you get it and play along. nice.

Back