Brendan Schaub a top contender(serious thread)

FedorStMcGregor**

Blue Belt
Reaction score
With Brendan Schaub now training like an Olympian and "seeing punches in slow motion", I think it's safe to say that he is a top contender. He made Mitrione look like an amateur and said himself that he's catching guys in that choke who are a much higher level JJ than him.

With his impressive 2 fight win streak over Lavar and Matt, combined with a phenomenal performance at Metamoris where he completely neutralized and shut down a Championship BJJ artist, you cannot deny this kids talent, heart and chin.

Look at the speed at which he's able to crawl away from being in danger..

779953426.gif

and how many times do you see a guy submitted so bad that his toe twitches?

1.gif

Amazing..

He has defeated legends in their prime like Cropcop, and was looking outstanding in his fight with Big Nog till he made a minor mistake which ended up costing him but I'm sure now that he's an Olympic level athlete he's cleaned up those small holes in his game. Plus, everyone here knows that the Nelson and Rothwell fights were flukes, and that Schaub beats them 98 times out of 100.

I think it's time for a step up in competition, give the guy a real test. I don't see how anyone could argue the fact that he's a legitimate top contender now. I think IF Cain could even catch and take Schaub down, Schaub could pull of a phenomenal submission from the bottom.

brendan-schaub.jpg

Last edited:
I just don't see that happening. He can't compete with the top guys... And lol at the Nelson fight being a fluke. Nelsons been knocking people out for a while now.

Maybe if he can get a shot at Travis Browne then he could REALLY make a name for himself.

Did OP really say you can't deny this kids chin? LMAO

Schaub has the best grappling in the UFC, and combined with his cerebral gameplanning it is really shocking that he hasn't gotten the title shot yet. Dana must hold a grudge against him or something.

Heard schaub may step in at the next ppv, ufc looking to break those mayweather numbers twice in a row with schaub appearances.

BJJ Phenom Schaub 2014 HW champion
9QFHhBP.gif

Say what you will about schaub...

but he was beating Rothwell and Nog until he got TKO'd

Sherdog fans reaction to a victory...

'GIVE HIM A TITLE SHOT!!!'

Early stoppage. Schaub was trying to trick Nog to follow him to the ground. You can see he wasn't out at all by studying his muscly arms and the dexterity they exhibit in getting up afterwards.

TS its only Matt Mitrione, every high level guy Schaubs fought, he's lost. I don't think he'd beat bath salts Rothwell in a rematch.

Early stoppage. Schaub was trying to trick Nog to follow him to the ground. You can see he wasn't out at all by studying his muscly arms and the dexterity they exhibit in getting up afterwards.
Also schaub is for the fans, wouldn't surprise me if he gave nog that fight so nog could make one last run. Schaub p4p fan pleaser in mma.

You almost had me until you mentioned his heart and chin. That meta gif was a nice touch though.

Back